This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Opencarry.org

Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:49 pm

For those that have been on opencarry.org there is good news. Solus has announced he will no longer be on the forum. He was a one-man wrecking ball to that forum. Maybe it can make a comeback but right now it seems to be on life support. We need all the positive pro 2A forums possible to fight the anti side. We don't always agree, but in general, we need to have a united front.

Re: Opencarry.org

Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:22 pm

Did DOJ assigned him to III% or Oath Keepers?

Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:55 pm

Dang. I haven’t been on there in so long I have no clue who Solus is?

Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:15 am

Massivedesign wrote:Dang. I haven’t been on there in so long I have no clue who Solus is?

He would post on almost every thread even the state-specific threads where he didn't live and usually pointing out some other poster how wrong they are. Totally toxic. Worse than anybody we've had on here.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:30 am

golddigger14s wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:Dang. I haven’t been on there in so long I have no clue who Solus is?

He would post on almost every thread even the state-specific threads where he didn't live and usually pointing out some other poster how wrong they are. Totally toxic. Worse than anybody we've had on here.

That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all week :bonghit:

Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:41 am

Damn, now I gotta go check this character out!

Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:38 pm

golddigger14s wrote:For those that have been on opencarry.org there is good news. Solus has announced he will no longer be on the forum. He was a one-man wrecking ball to that forum. Maybe it can make a comeback but right now it seems to be on life support. We need all the positive pro 2A forums possible to fight the anti side. We don't always agree, but in general, we need to have a united front.

golddigger14s wrote:

Golddigger14s, truly nice to see my provenance precedes me, tho I wasn't expecting such a baneful effect tale of woe and envy and jealousy from you...

Might be careful what tales you spread...

Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:49 pm

Ooooh shiiiiit! This is getting good.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:23 pm

Can we ban this guy from the get go? We don't need this type of drama that is sure to come on here.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:31 pm

solus wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:For those that have been on opencarry.org there is good news. Solus has announced he will no longer be on the forum. He was a one-man wrecking ball to that forum. Maybe it can make a comeback but right now it seems to be on life support. We need all the positive pro 2A forums possible to fight the anti side. We don't always agree, but in general, we need to have a united front.

golddigger14s wrote:

Golddigger14s, truly nice to see my provenance precedes me, tho I wasn't expecting such a baneful effect tale of woe and envy and jealousy from you...

Might be careful what tales you spread...

Is that last sentence a threat to Goldigger14s?

He's a respected member here, and your 1st post is that? You might want to reel it in solus, we don't need or want you here if that's the way you make your intro.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:22 pm

Gentle members of WaGuns, suppose you hear that out of the blue, an august member of this forum goes out of their way to personally & blatantly slanders your good character, w/o any provocation whatsoever, nor without providing one iota of objective basis for their defaming rhetorical statements, on one of the leading firearm forums in the country.

For the record, I feel the nine plus years associated with OCDO, the membership, myself included, accomplished a great deal of viable work towards normalizing OC across this country for our nation's citizens.

As for claims i crossed state lines, I unashamedly did, as did others, e.g., Grapeshot, Skidmark, Color of Law, sudden valley gunner, and other advocates, challenged member's postings to assure passerby's doing a quick read, got the correct message about OC'g in their communities. Unfortunately, members insisted on posting, hearsay, misinterpretation of the law, or believed LEs who stated citizens cannot do something when in fact the law stated something else.

I also personally traveled across this great country numerous times, sometimes 2/3 times a year, via vehicle, OC'g and personally meeting up with and enjoying the company of different OCDO forum members along the way.

Were there distractors, you betcha, one member in particular has been banned 2 times and each time has changed his sign in and continues to this day.

With the loss of Grapeshot, the longtime moderator, the platform has been rudderless for over 2 plus years, this coupled with the fact, OC has normalized where there truly isn't a need for the platform to exist.

Back to my what would you do if you found out someone out of the blue across the country was publicly slandering your character without merit on a prestigious forum ?

Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:45 pm

When Goldigger14s says you were a one man wrecking ball there, I'm inclined to believe him.
Your 1st post here didn't help.
Change my mind though, I'm willing to give you a chance.
So how did you end up at Waguns?

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:04 pm

solus wrote:Gentle members of WaGuns, suppose you hear that out of the blue, an august member of this forum goes out of their way to personally & blatantly slanders your good character, w/o any provocation whatsoever, nor without providing one iota of objective basis for their defaming rhetorical statements, on one of the leading firearm forums in the country.

For the record, I feel the nine plus years associated with OCDO, the membership, myself included, accomplished a great deal of viable work towards normalizing OC across this country for our nation's citizens.

As for claims i crossed state lines, I unashamedly did, as did others, e.g., Grapeshot, Skidmark, Color of Law, sudden valley gunner, and other advocates, challenged member's postings to assure passerby's doing a quick read, got the correct message about OC'g in their communities. Unfortunately, members insisted on posting, hearsay, misinterpretation of the law, or believed LEs who stated citizens cannot do something when in fact the law stated something else.

I also personally traveled across this great country numerous times, sometimes 2/3 times a year, via vehicle, OC'g and personally meeting up with and enjoying the company of different OCDO forum members along the way.

Were there distractors, you betcha, one member in particular has been banned 2 times and each time has changed his sign in and continues to this day.

With the loss of Grapeshot, the longtime moderator, the platform has been rudderless for over 2 plus years, this coupled with the fact, OC has normalized where there truly isn't a need for the platform to exist.

Back to my what would you do if you found out someone out of the blue across the country was publicly slandering your character without merit on a prestigious forum ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:32 pm

wilmermj wrote:
solus wrote:Gentle members of WaGuns, suppose you hear that out of the blue, an august member of this forum goes out of their way to personally & blatantly slanders your good character, w/o any provocation whatsoever, nor without providing one iota of objective basis for their defaming rhetorical statements, on one of the leading firearm forums in the country.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:37 pm

My biggest problem with this is the main argument over crossing state lines on a forum. Oh fucking irony!
Post a reply