Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 WA bill 1588 - require background checks for all gun sales. 

I have e-mailed all on the house rules committee, I have recieved one reply so far from Rep. Gael Tarleton 36th Dist.
The opinion of Rep Tarleton is we are doing to protect our children and it will be done.
I replied with:
Representative Gael Tarleton
The Washington Legislature may not be the tyrannical despots that will subjugate the population today but we are being taking us down a very slippery slope that may end there. I urge you to reverse our travel down this slippery slope that history has shown to be part of the evolution of despotism as there is always some that think exceeding their governmental limits is OK and taking un-granted power by we the people is somehow their right.
Please fulfill your obligations to the citizens of Washington State and vote no on HB1588
Thank you
Anton D Rehling
Olympia, WA

We are treated like the sheep they think we are, to be sheared by those who can. This is not about our safety or our childrens safety, this is about their safety as they will need to disarm us to complete their agenda of total control.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone have a link to the most recent bill text? Or is it still the substitute bill that replaced the first one?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

ANZAC wrote:
Anyone have a link to the most recent bill text? Or is it still the substitute bill that replaced the first one?

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdo ... 1588-S.pdf

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary ... &bill=1588

Looks like it's onto the rules committee right now..

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Word of warning.
If you are walking around the Capitol and there are any politicians around, DON'T DROP ANYTHING AND BEND OVER TO PICK IT UP!!!

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdo ... 1588-S.pdf

The email said they had modified it since this but no one has seen the one that contains the further edits. It still has a lot of messed up stuff in it.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I was reading this amended version and it has some pretty wonky stuff in it.

You can get a background check certificate good for 30 days. Looks like you go get a background check and then within 30 days you have free reign to buy all you want.

Has an exemption for CPL holders like the other version I was in support of.

Added an exemption for LE.

The thing I don't like is that I no longer see the provision that LE must destroy or return the records. Basically it's missing the section that destroys the pistol registry.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Amendments/House/1588-S%20AMH%20PEDE%20H2054.1.pdf

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Errr.. This section here would invalidate about 100 DOR tax code's and laws..

(9) Notwithstanding subsections (1) through (4) of this section,
Official Print - 5 1588-S AMH PEDE H2054.1 1 any firearms dealer facilitating a firearm sale between two unlicensed persons under RCW 9.41.080(2) is not obligated to collect the tax imposed by this chapter.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:20 am
Profile WWW

They are going to vote on this tomorrow, so I'm bumping this one up. I think this is the last gun bill up for now but this one is a bad one.

Call or email if you can tell them no on HB1588
:flag:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Bill is dead in the house according to multiple sources including co-sponsor Jamie Pedersen.

http://mynorthwest.com/174/2212307/Majo ... tate-House

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is awesome news! Let's hope it stays dead. Just saw on Q13 news that it is dead. The talking head (their legislation guy) also said that this was the only gun control measure that stood a chance of passing this year. So I guess that means all others are dead as well? It's pretty vague, and I recall some measures that were directed at increased criminal penalties (that I would term gun control) that were doing well.

He also said that they did not want to put a referendum to the people, because, being an off year election cycle, they did not think their electorate (the dems) would be out in force, and as a result, they anticipated defeat. There was also talk about groups running an initiative campaign for the same, and that 2014 would be a better opportunity.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://q13fox.com/2013/03/12/state-hous ... z2NOWuAeRk

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dweeb From Seattle..Do Gooder from Oz...Glad it was squashed...Need to worry about it on an Initiative in November, from the sounds of it..

NRA Life Member-Since 1983
Life Member-North American Hunting Club
Life Member-National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association
Founder-Crusaders Motorcycle Ministries

Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 pm

I won't celebrate until after tomorrow, they can still pull some crazy garbage political hail Mary at the last minute. For good measure I say we still call and email our reps one last time Tomorrow to help ensure it stays dead

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One small step for mankind...without tripping on their shoelaces

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next