Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 WA bill 1588 - require background checks for all gun sales. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard Pederson on the radio this morning, he lied right to John and the listeners over the air.

Fortunately a listener called in to correct him.

Pederson tried to say that LE could perform the checks, and that no dealers had testified that they wouldn't do the check for $20 or less. Those were blatant lies and someone called him on it.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:20 am

I anyone that believes all this so called gun control will not be rammed up our butts like Obama care and all the other liberty stealing legislation have their head in the clouds. We had all better wake up and smell the coffee. Has anyone read the new proposed bill for banning so called assault weapons?

this picture is from the patriotpost.us

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 am

"One issue that always boggles my mind is that -- the idea that a gun is a defensive weapon. That is a myth. A gun is not a defensive weapon. A gun is an offensive weapon used to intimidate and used to show power." --Emeryville (SanFran Bay Area), California Police Chief Ken James

Forget "to serve and protect," the motto of many police departments. It's now "to intimidate and show power."

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, they are all hiding behind answering machines, too. Ten for ten on the direct calls i made this morning.

I believe it is up to each and every single person out there that enjoys gun ownership to speak out as often as possible to the powers that be.

Remind them of one simple fact. Criminals don't care, don't vote, and don't follow the rules.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 am

RENCORP wrote:
Well, they are all hiding behind answering machines, too. Ten for ten on the direct calls i made this morning.

I believe it is up to each and every single person out there that enjoys gun ownership to speak out as often as possible to the powers that be.

Remind them of one simple fact. Criminals don't care, don't vote, and don't follow the rules.

It comes down to more than gun ownership; it comes down to basic freedom and rights this country was founded upon. I am amazed that there are so many useful idiots in our government and so many uninformed citizens that buy into the safety crap that our elected keep feeding us. It is control plain and simple; tyranny cannot succeed with an armed population.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AntonDRehling wrote:
It is control plain and simple; tyranny cannot succeed with an armed population.

I would amend that statement a bit.

Tyrany cannot succeed with an armed population... IF that population is willing to use those arms against the tyranists.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Selador wrote:
AntonDRehling wrote:
It is control plain and simple; tyranny cannot succeed with an armed population.

Tyrany cannot succeed with an armed population... IF that population is willing to use those arms against the tyranists.

when push comes to shove, ????

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AntonDRehling wrote:
Selador wrote:
AntonDRehling wrote:

You've heard the adage, "death of a thousand paper cuts".

Well, this government already has the paper out, and is cutting like mad.

Another adage that fits, the boiling frog.

Unfortunately, we will be all but dead, before we wake up and answer push with shove.

Also unfortunately, that is exactly what it is going to take, because responding to ten paper cuts, or even a hundred, with a bullet to the brain, is not going to be seen by anyone as anything other than unreasonable.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Selador wrote:
AntonDRehling wrote:
Selador wrote:
AntonDRehling wrote:

You've heard the adage, "death of a thousand paper cuts".

Well, this government already has the paper out, and is cutting like mad.

Another adage that fits, the boiling frog.

Unfortunately, we will be all but dead, before we wake up and answer push with shove.

Also unfortunately, that is exactly what it is going to take, because responding to ten paper cuts, or even a hundred, with a bullet to the brain, is not going to be seen by anyone as anything other than unreasonable.

Yeah, I have heard and quoted those adages.
Anyone that takes any offensive action, will be demonized as a crazy gun nut and criminal. How dare anyone fight dictates of tyranny. Just do as you are told and you will live to an older age, if not prepare as you will die.
I guess we are all soap boxers, shadow fighters, resistance is only on paper and at a circle jurk rallies.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 pm

I just got a BOLO email about wa bill 1588 from the NRA saying it moved to the house rules committee before it goes to the floor for a vote.

The liberals are coming for us now we need to organize and form into a coherent unity and fight this as a whole so our children's children can know what the second amendment is, means.

We the people :alcapone:

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

micdude wrote:
I just got a BOLO email about wa bill 1588 from the NRA saying it moved to the house rules committee before it goes to the floor for a vote.

The liberals are coming for us now we need to organize and form into a coherent unity and fight this as a whole so our children's children can know what the second amendment is, means.

We the people :alcapone:

Copied from HuntWA

Quote:
Today HB 1588, legislation that could criminalize private sales of firearms and lead to handgun registration, was amended and reported by the House Judiciary Committee by a 7-6 vote. HB 1588 is now headed to the House Rules Committee before going to the floor of the state House of Representatives. It is imperative that you contact your state Representatives and the members of the House Rules Committee TODAY and urge them to oppose HB 1588.

I received the automated blast to send this out but was also contacted by one of the members of the NRA lobby team. This bill has to be killed. It is a tough fight with the Democrats holding a 15 - 10 edge on the committee, and most of the Democrats are very liberal anti-gun type. If the 10 Republicans hold, that means we need to flip three Democrats. Kevin Van De Wege sits on this committee and while he has been 100% anti-hunting, he has been fairly pro-gun to the tune of a B- rating. Van De Wege represents a rural, pro-gun constituency, so he needs to be hit hard. Email the legislators on the Hose Rules Committee today.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Committees/ ... Staff.aspx

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video. Starts at 12:34

http://www.tvw.org/index.php?option=com ... 2013021189

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

So it was six to seven.

Is simple majority all that was required?

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

To get it to the floor, yes.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:

I did not know you could watch that it's on my Fav's now

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next