Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Legal rights of home defense web sites? 

Hi All,

New to the forum, and grateful to have access to such a wealth of info and personal expertise.

Can anyone recommend a good web site, that provides some factual information about the legal rights and responsibilities of home defense in WA state?

There seems to be a lot of here-say and urban legend that floats around about this kind of thing.
I thought it would me a valuable service to my clients if I could send them a link to a site that breaks down the RCWs and explains things in basic terms.

Thanks, and I look forward to reading your responses.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns. Home defense is very simply outlined in 9A.16.050 http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?Cite=9A.16.050 If you are in fear for your life, or those around you, you make take lethal force. They key of it is, you need to be able to articulate and defend that felt fear to the Prosecuting Atty's office.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get in contact with my buddy Chris Walker.

He has 20+ years law enforcement and teaches a class on homeowners use of force. It is held every few weeks at Cabelas in Lacey, not affiliated with Cabelas. His class is approved by the state prosecutor that it presents official information and accurate information.

I don't have a copy of his flyer but he covers times when use of force is authorized, dispels myths of use of force, such at the one about if someone dies outside your door to drag him back inside, and also covers what to do afterwards, how to give a statement, contact and attorney, etc.

His email is: accuracynorthwest@gmail.com

Ask to sign up for his homeowners use of force class. I don't remember the cost, but he can answer that for you.

He is pro-2A, pro-CC, pro-rights, and an awesome and knowledgable guy.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
Get in contact with my buddy Chris Walker.

He has 20+ years law enforcement and teaches a class on homeowners use of force. It is held every few weeks at Cabelas in Lacey, not affiliated with Cabelas. His class is approved by the state prosecutor that it presents official information and accurate information.

I don't have a copy of his flyer but he covers times when use of force is authorized, dispels myths of use of force, such at the one about if someone dies outside your door to drag him back inside, and also covers what to do afterwards, how to give a statement, contact and attorney, etc.

His email is: accuracynorthwest@gmail.com

Ask to sign up for his homeowners use of force class. I don't remember the cost, but he can answer that for you.

He is pro-2A, pro-CC, pro-rights, and an awesome and knowledgable guy.

I've taken his class (it was $75 last Sept, IIRC).
Very informative and worth the time and money.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So how much are you wanting to pay? For legal advice...?

No you won't find a website that breaks all the RCW and pertaining laws and ordinances related to firearms, etc for Washington State.

You did get the RCW's straight from the wa.gov

I would recommend Dave Workman's booklet on "Washington Gun Rights and Responsibilities"
http://www.danddgunleather.com/pages/wa ... rights.htm
$10.95

You can find them at most gun stores and gun ranges in Washington or you can order one online.

Remember Lawyers just like most professions... are not here to give you "Free" They want to be paid for "Legal advice" as it's their good name that stands behind those advices...

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks All. Great tips. The class sounds very good, I'll follow up on that.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]