Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 PA gun laws 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

im confused now, i've read PA doesnt recognize WA conceal carry permits but the exceptions to carrying says "Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state." what do u guys think. maybe i have just been drinkin to much. here is the link to the whole thing http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/ ... a-license/ number 11 is where i quoted from.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

WA Doesn't have reciprocity with PA.

The code section you quoted above allows for vehicular carry of that firearm. It mentioned specifically a license for THAT firearm... WA Doesn't have firearm licensing so you might be out of luck. That question may be a good one to be asked on the PAFOA forum?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Founding Father
Founding Father

Maybe Benja455 can weigh in on this one as he is from PA.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PA and WA do not have concealed carry reciprocity. That's why I got my LTCF renewal application in right before PA switched to a new system which is a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with as a non-resident. And that's also why my brother came out here...just to get a non-resident WA CPL...it gets him reciprocity in OH, which he doesn't get otherwise.

The section you are quoting seems to be a reference to individuals from states adjacent to PA like NJ and NY that require licenses for individual handguns...hence the usage of "THAT" firearm as Dan pointed out.

Later on you'll see the part about PA LTCFs and reciprocity:

Quote:
(15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:
(i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.
(ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.
(16) Any person holding a license in accordance with section 6109(f)(3).

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

April of last year PA stopped doing non-resident licenses by mail (I got one of the last few). If you have a Utah or Arizona you are covered in PA.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Idaho will issue non-resident licenses that are accepted in PA.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/idaho.pdf

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

M1Gunr wrote:
April of last year PA stopped doing non-resident licenses by mail (I got one of the last few). If you have a Utah or Arizona you are covered in PA.

Exactly. And the reasoning is utter bullshit...Act 66 of 2005 added this provision:

Quote:
4) The sheriff shall require a photograph of the licensee on the license. The photograph shall be in a form compatible with the Commonwealth Photo Imaging Network.

What...?

Quote:
ยง6102. Definitions.

"Commonwealth Photo Imaging Network." The computer network administered by the Commonwealth and used to record and store digital photographs of an individual's face and any scars, marks, tattoos or other unique features of the individual.

http://www.acslpa.org/html/pa_uniform_firearms_act.html

And therefore, you have to show up in person...to apply...and then show up again to pick it up. Non-resident permits are still issued, just not by mail...which is a huge pain in the ass. And a great way for PA Democrats to cut off the supply of PA LTCFs to other non-gun friendly states.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

The code section you quoted above allows for vehicular carry of that firearm. It mentioned specifically a license for THAT firearm... WA Doesn't have firearm licensing so you might be out of luck. That question may be a good one to be asked on the PAFOA forum?

ya but i like this one better.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nickg wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

ya but i like this one better.

Sorry bud...that's not going to float with PA State Troopers and there's no way I'd drive around in Philadelphia with a gun and no LTCF. That's begging for some jail time.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm

I believe PA also accepts the Idaho Enhanced License as well. See http://www.level1firearms.com for more information.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:13 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

Exiis wrote:
I believe PA also accepts the Idaho Enhanced License as well. See http://www.level1firearms.com for more information.

Welcome to WaGuns, Dave!

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]