Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 House Bill 2164 Questions 

I was looking over (Many times) HB 2164 and had questions if you guys know...

1) Can I sell and buy guns from people that have a cpl without the background check?

2) Can I sell a C&R rifle to someone without a background check?

Looks like a yes if this passes.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just read the intro.
I looks like it catches all the groups we have been complaining about that are affected by this useless and dumb law.

They did a good job clarifying exactly who can transfer firearms! I think this is the bill we all have been looking for. Unless there is something else buried that is bad this looks like a bill to support.
They also finally defined what a "transfer" is! Gee now how had was that. Where has the AG been again????
Read the whole thing and lets push this bill!

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Last edited by Col_Temp on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wasn't this one of the bills killed in exchange for killing the firearms confiscation provisions in that mental health bill? Or am I confused? I thought this one had gone the way of the dodo to placate Jinkins. I'd dearly love to be wrong about that.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Mislabeled (we know who you are!)
Looks like it got referred. Leg website doesn't show it dead but it may be. Of course that's typical of bills that actually do something!

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:

that just sounds....creepy

i hope it is still alive.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:

Howdy, Col_Temp! Hadn't seen you in a while, was getting ready to send you an e-mail making sure you were still around. :bigsmile:

Col_Temp wrote:
Looks like it got referred. Leg website doesn't show it dead but it may be. Of course that's typical of bills that actually do something!

We'll have to keep an eye on this one. It looked like a good start on the 594 dismantlement effort.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:40 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mislabeled wrote:
Col_Temp wrote:

Howdy, Col_Temp! Hadn't seen you in a while, was getting ready to send you an e-mail making sure you were still around. :bigsmile:

Col_Temp wrote:

We'll have to keep an eye on this one. It looked like a good start on the 594 dismantlement effort.

Hopefully they can get it down to where only criminals have to get background checks...

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

swan_derek wrote:
I was looking over (Many times) HB 2164 and had questions if you guys know...

1) Can I sell and buy guns from people that have a cpl without the background check?

2) Can I sell a C&R rifle to someone without a background check?

Looks like a yes if this passes.

I don't have anything to back this up, so it is one man's opinion, but re 2) even with 594 as law, it excludes any situation where there is a "specific federal or state exemption".

C&R FFL's are given a specific federal exemption in 18 USC 922 when buying C&R firearms. (even though C&R FFLs are not defined as dealers under 594)

That said, if something makes that requirement or exemption more clear, it couldn't hurt.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]