Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 You knew it was coming... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If we decide to lock up everyone who is out of their mind, we will need a whole lot more institutions......how many member of the Democrat party are there anyway??

We need to do a better job of helping the insane, but we should not round them up like the Nazis did.

A free society, is going to come with some danger, if you don't like it, move to a less free society, like Cuba for instance.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just because a person is crazy and has had their gun rights taken away, DOES NOT make them safe! My buddy almost got stabbed to death by a nutjob with a kitchen knife taped to a broom stick while working in a tiny espresso drive through thing. Violent people need more specific help and support beyond feel good laws and restrictions.

Furthermore, how often has a government changed the definition of mental illness in order to justify the oppression of it's people? I remember reading about China doing it for those who speak out against the government. Protest was defined as a mental illness and people were locked up. Hell, even OUR OWN government wants to define supporting the constitution as a mental illness...

When you let others make laws to rule you, you give up your freedom. The people need to take back their country from the few who think they know what is best for us. We're not animals, children, or mentally ill. We're free men and women, and we an take care of ourselves.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can see gun owners as a group being defined as mentally ill, because they all are obviously paranoid skitzo's.

Why do they need all those guns, anyway ? That is food for thought.

It is not the laws that are the problem so much as the people who enact the laws, interpret the laws, and enforce them.

Those fuckers are batshit crazy, and should be locked up.

They sure as hell shouldn't have guns, or legislative power.

Start with everyone in D.C.

Lock them up, throw away the key, and the world will be a better place.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:56 am

TacticalAssault wrote:
PMB wrote:
Can I jump right in here with the argument that's going to get me boot-stomped by my brethren?
I have my rubberized mouthguard in, so stomp away.

If we as a society cannot guarantee someone's safety from others' violence, then we do not have the right to take away THEIR rights.

If they are ill enough to be institutionalized, then by all means. If not, then who the hell are we to tell them that they no longer have the right to defend themselves?

Who is the person who can say "You're not well in the head, so you lose your NATURAL RIGHTS!" ?

I submit that the direction that our nation is going is towards Controllism... and we must fight it at EVERY step.

Stomp away brothers.

So, I agree with most of what you said here except one thing. A persons NATURAL RIGHT to protect themselves does not mean they have to be issued a CPL or be able to own a gun. Just because a person should not own a gun doesn't mean they can't protect themselves. Protecting yourself and owning a gun do not go hand in hand. As sane, law abiding citizens we have the ability to purchase a gun for self defense. Also as a society it's not our responsibly to ensure someones safety. We all take steps to make the world around us a safer place but I can't prevent or be held responsible if someone chooses to walk down a dark alley at night or cross a street without looking both ways. YOUR safety is YOUR responsibility. :thumbsup2:

I would agree except it's the 2nd amendment. Right to bear arms. Does it say anything about protecting yourself? Not really but in my opinion what you do with your guns is your business until you start killing g or shooting people when it's not self defense.

It's also crazy to me that people are on the bandwagon of not letting people with PTSD own guns. Oh we were good enough to fight for your freedom, and naturally get PTSD from seeing your friend one minute to seeing just a red mist and part of a Kevlar the next, we aren't good enough to help or own guns. I would challenge anybody to go on a deployment and go outside the wire, where the only time you feel safe is BECAUSE you have a gun. See what I'm getting at?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
What mental illness is a justification to remove firearms from a persons possession?

Being a left wing democrat?
:ROFLMAO: :thumbsup2:

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2