Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Travelling thru Illinois (carry is legal) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'll be happy to know that it is now legal for you to conceal carry your firearm while in your vehicle while traveling thru the state. Once you step out of your vehicle, you are no longer legal to carry.

(430 ILCS 66/) Firearm Concealed Carry Act.

(430 ILCS 66/40)
(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
(1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law;
(2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and
(3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.

(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13; 98-600, eff. 12-6-13.)

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow. Very cool. Might actually consider going to Chicago again.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So whilst I'm drivin I'm ok to carry, stop to get out and get gas.... Stays in the vehicle, I run into get food, it stays in the vehicle, I get out cause dog needs to walk and take a wizz, it stays in the vehicle... So seems daily pointless to me

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least when you drive thru you don't have to lock it up.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beats travelling through California.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Liet-kynes wrote:
Beats travelling through California.

Driving through hell would beat driving through Cali.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a question so is there any type of cpl or cwp or any other kind of concealed carry license that can be or is recognized by every state? That way if I do decide to travel outside of WA state I won't get a ticket or have my cpl taken away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brehmeyer wrote:
I have a question so is there any type of cpl or cwp or any other kind of concealed carry license that can be or is recognized by every state? That way if I do decide to travel outside of WA state I won't get a ticket or have my cpl taken away?

no

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brehmeyer wrote:

Nope, but many states honor other states, some (Illinois, Cali, Nevada,) and a hand full of others don't. Just find out which states you travel too and either get a permit from that state or a state that's honored by the state you wish to travel too. Right now i have my Oregon and Washington permits, next I want to look into getting my Nevada then Utah. That would put my at 36 states I could travel through :bigsmile:

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok how to you go about getting those do you have to go to those states and get them or is there away to do it threw washington court system

Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brehmeyer wrote:
Ok how to you go about getting those do you have to go to those states and get them or is there away to do it threw washington court system

Keep your eyes open for the Utah classes at gun shows, cabelas, sportsmans warehouse, ect. Nevada I haven't gotten a chance to really look into yet, but I know it was talked about on here not long ago. Then some state won't issue to out of state people(Cali for example or Illinois).

Edit: found it

waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=37968

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Brehmeyer wrote:

Every state is different. Some require you to apply in person, some you can do through the mail. Utah is a popular one because many states recognize it. You do a class locally and submit the form by mail. They will mail your permit back.
Usually you have to go to a department in Oregon that will issue them, but every so often one of the Sheriff's will send people up to do the initial forms. The one at the Wes Knodel show at the Tacoma Dome was the first time in a couple years though.
Check where you're planning on going. A few states have formal reciprocity with WA, and some will recognize ours. The places I've been to in the last couple years have recognized ours. Louisiana, Utah, Idaho, Arizona. Ok, AZ doesn't even require a permit anymore. I did have to stop before the border and lock up my gun when driving through Oregon though.

Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's one site that can help tell which permits are good in other States: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

Fri May 02, 2014 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]