Switch to full style
Current and Upcoming Legislation. Local, State and Federal.

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.
Post a reply

The "firearm law article needs more pro-gun comments" thread

Fri May 02, 2014 4:27 pm

To get things going, here's a blog post I just found on Seattle times, another "let's change the 2nd amendment" article.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/northwest ... s-meaning/

I am sure your comments would be welcomed there.
:AR15firing:

Re: The "firearm law article needs more pro-gun comments" th

Fri May 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Really?

I'm not the only one thinking that this is a troll thread to start more arguments about I-594.

Fri May 02, 2014 5:39 pm

General Nonsense wrote:Really?

I'm not the only one thinking that this is a troll thread to start more arguments about I-594.

:ROFLMAO: I lol'd :plusone:

Fri May 02, 2014 7:52 pm

err, what?

Fri May 02, 2014 9:30 pm

ANZAC wrote:

err, what?

Nobody wants to comment on your threads because they all lead down the same path.

Fri May 02, 2014 9:34 pm

General Nonsense wrote:Nobody wants to comment on your threads because they all lead down the same path.

Hey hey hey.

I agree, it needs more pro gun comments.

Anti-freedom, anti-2A comments make me angry.

Fri May 02, 2014 9:52 pm

General Nonsense wrote:Nobody wants to comment on your threads because they all lead down the same path.

What is hilarious is that you are the one who keeps bringing up 594 even when the thread has nothing to do with it.

Nice job! thumbsup

There are a lot of editorial articles floating around the Seattle press, either about recasting the 2A or reinterpreting it.
A lot of it is driven by the hysterical mischaracterization and bias from the press.

I think it would be good to bring some counterbalance to those viewpoints. It doesn't always have to be "cold dead hands motherf-cker", but the recurring thread is they typically miss the point.... like that the common thread in all the central/Skyway/wherever murders are drugs/gangs/kids, not guns. And not all of the homicides there even involve guns.

Fri May 02, 2014 10:05 pm

ANZAC wrote: It doesn't always have to be "cold dead hands motherf-cker"

That's my vote! I know it doesn't sell well in the media, but I hearken to TinCanBandit's "Compromise" thread of a few days ago.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=39572
That thread neatly summed up my feelings, even if it was allegorical.

So when quoting Charlton Heston in my quiet inside voice, I pull out the facts and figures (provided by studies and raw data) and common sense (provided by thinking about things) to try to persuade the anti's of their misguided attempt to reduce violence and murder by taking the means of self-defense away from the law-abiding.

Wed May 14, 2014 11:49 pm

ANZAC wrote:
General Nonsense wrote:I think it would be good to bring some counterbalance to those viewpoints. It doesn't always have to be "cold dead hands motherf-cker", but the recurring thread is they typically miss the point.... like that the common thread in all the central/Skyway/wherever murders are drugs/gangs/kids, not guns. And not all of the homicides there even involve guns.

Or just pretend to be an anti and make them look completely insane. :hook1:

Seriously, though. There is not much to be gained by arguing on the internet. What do you expect to accomplish?

Thu May 15, 2014 5:30 am

Several of my friends have changed their viewpoint on guns because I took the time to educate them on "facts" and helped them unravel the media hype.

Essentially we need to act as media watchdogs to counteract the anti-gun bias.

Plus it is fun.
Post a reply