Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 SCOTUS denies cert in Drake 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just saw that cert was denied on the Drake v. Jerejian case. Some commenters on the SCOTUS blog are pondering if they're waiting for Peruta to reach them instead.

Mon May 05, 2014 7:23 am

Alan Gottlieb (SAF) was both 'looking forward to', and 'dreading' if the SCOTUS was going to rule on Drake. Given the make up of the Justices on the court now, and who would actually be on the panel deciding the case, it could have been a major blow or victory for 2A Rights. Maybe Peruta going first would be a good thing? I'm more familiar with Drake than I am with Peruta (going to look that one up shortly), hence the question….

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Mon May 05, 2014 1:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It does have the look of indecision to me.

I cannot imagine how the 2A can be "misinterpreted" with such clear and strident language (although it certainly has been) with the strongest language of any of the first 10 amendments.
We've been on a winning streak for the last year or so...
I don't know how to interpret this denial.

Mon May 05, 2014 1:38 pm

After reviewing Peruta, I think that case will have a strong impact on Drake.. if the SCOTUS rules favorably, on the intent of the 2A. Again though, the Justices assigned to the case is the concern.

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Mon May 05, 2014 2:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What do you think about all the friendly fire on Peruta? The TTAG blog has a series of posts claiming Peruta is flawed because Peruta is not a CA resident (he owns a house in CT and lives in an RV when in CA).

Either way, the lack of a decision and no cert on Drake is disturbing. It will only get worse if Clinton is elected.

Tue May 06, 2014 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]