Current and Upcoming Legislation. Local, State and Federal.

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.
Post a reply

Did This Really Happen?

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:00 am

http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2014/ ... n-control/

I wonder if this really happened?

Look at that target - clearly the person who put it there doesn't know how to shoot.

The target looks like a 25 yard NRA pistol target shot with a .22LR. Any actual gun person who has shot just a few hundred rounds can get smaller groups than that with a .22LR.

Even if it is legitimate - where's the police report? If real, this is a legitimate threat that should have been reported, and the target sent in as evidence.

So - was it a bad shooter with an axe to grind against the League of Women voters (which somehow makes it an anti-594 crusader?) or is WAGR making shit up to stir up emotions for donations?

Re: Did This Really Happen?

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:03 am

is WAGR making shit up to stir up emotions for donations?

Noooo...ya think?

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:04 am

they did it themselves...looks like BB holes

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:24 am

Lew wrote:is WAGR making shit up to stir up emotions for donations?

Noooo...ya think?

Might not even be WAGR. May just be a lone supporter trying to rally donations.

I think the biggest evidence is the grouping. Anti-gun person goes to a gun range, asks for a "beginners" gun with the cheapest ammo.

They make a target with a few rounds, and leave.

I'm guessing the first shot was the dead center bullseye and the noise started to scare the shooter. You'll notice many of the rounds are low and some to the right (assuming target was shot right side up). A left handed person who's never shot a gun before, flinching from a rimfire?

Sounds like someone who's never shot before.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 am

That target does make me wonder who actually produced it. I agree it looks like either a BB/pellet/airsoft gun or perhaps a .22. In any case, that person is a really, really bad shot. As in, has-no-familiarity-with-guns-but-thinks-a-target-will-frighten-people bad. Even new shooters will often improve (even if only slightly) after the first 2 or 3 rounds.

Remember the cop in LA who sent that 1 MOA target to Anderson Cooper? THAT is how you make a point. This "no hole shall be within 2" of another hole" BS is mighty suspicious.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:31 am

Looks like a BB gun target to me...which leads me to believe this is BS.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Bullet holes in the black don't photograph well. If you want them to be easily seen you'd put them where a CAMERA can capture them.

Just sayin....

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:30 pm

SIG556 wrote:Bullet holes in the black don't photograph well. If you want them to be easily seen you'd put them where a CAMERA can capture them.

Just sayin....

:yes:

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:32 pm

SIG556 wrote:Bullet holes in the black don't photograph well. If you want them to be easily seen you'd put them where a CAMERA can capture them.

Just sayin....

I don't think whoever did this thought that far ahead.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 am

Who cares either way. Is a piece of target paper really a threat? It seems like a silly prank to me.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:14 am

ANZAC wrote:Who cares either way. Is a piece of target paper really a threat? It seems like a silly prank to me.

To you, a gun owner/shooter, it's a prank. To those quivering scared little retarded leftists, it's a sign from the devil. :angryfire:

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 am

If you look at the target, it's folded just like shooters at Kenmore do when they toss their used targets in the trash.

In my mind it's just possible that someone pulled one out to the trash at that range and decided to create an "incident" designed to paint shooters as "intimidating".

As for the target, the "shooter" could use some lessons :bigsmile:

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:26 am

mislabeled wrote:That target does make me wonder who actually produced it. I agree it looks like either a BB/pellet/airsoft gun or perhaps a .22. In any case, that person is a really, really bad shot. As in, has-no-familiarity-with-guns-but-thinks-a-target-will-frighten-people bad.

Looks like someone was shooting .17 cal. The ammo for those is pretty plentiful and it's the same size as a BB

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:48 am

AR15L wrote:
ANZAC wrote:Who cares either way. Is a piece of target paper really a threat? It seems like a silly prank to me.

To you, a gun owner/shooter, it's a prank. To those quivering scared little retarded leftists, it's a sign from the devil. :angryfire:

If it had a picture of someone who works there, then I would take that as a threat.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:53 pm

ANZAC wrote:If it had a picture of someone who works there, then I would take that as a threat.

Looks like they had a different opinion as they reported it as a threat to the SPD and are milking it for all its worth.

Lying and cheating have been a part of their playbook in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if this was faked to get donations or stir emotions.
Post a reply