Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 WAGR launches new website 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First of all I am not convinced that you even own a gun. But lets just say you do, did you go buy a gun from a store before you ever shot one? Or did you shoot someone else's gun first? Note the latter would now make you a criminal and if was more than once it would make you a felon (come hang out with me) tell me again how this is not about gun control? Oh yes I know there are gun owning libs my father is one of them. But the difference is he would never support in any way anything that would hinder or stop people from owning or using guns. He understands that if a person wants something they will get laws be dammed.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
First of all I am not convinced that you even own a gun. But lets just say you do, did you go buy a gun from a store before you ever shot one? Or did you shoot someone else's gun first? Note the latter would now make you a criminal and if was more than once it would make you a felon (come hang out with me) tell me again how this is not about gun control? Oh yes I know there are gun owning libs my father is one of them. But the difference is he would never support in any way anything that would hinder or stop people from owning or using guns. He understands that if a person wants something they will get laws be dammed.

Amen preach on brother Mash.

People are ignorant to how big the black market really is. I truly believe that you would be hard pressed to find a member here sell a hand gun to a shady character with no CPL. Personally out of the dozen of handgun transactions I've done here I turned away 10 people most of who responded to my ad (even though it stated valid CPL and State id required)

My point being is that private sales are not the issue. Its the bangers and all other already convicted felons that already have handguns that sell to other felons, minors, and other shady people that are the problem.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
First of all I am not convinced that you even own a gun. But lets just say you do, did you go buy a gun from a store before you ever shot one? Or did you shoot someone else's gun first?

I shot one at a range. Which is allowed under 594. And I've had a background check for every gun I've bought. Some at local dealers, some mail order to my local FFL.

Quote:
Note the latter would now make you a criminal and if was more than once it would make you a felon (come hang out with me) tell me again how this is not about gun control? Oh yes I know there are gun owning libs my father is one of them. But the difference is he would never support in any way anything that would hinder or stop people from owning or using guns. He understands that if a person wants something they will get laws be dammed.

Right now, if you sell a gun to a felon, and don't ask any questions, and didn't know they were a felon, under both state and federal law there are no consequences.

Why does everyone on here ask for a good guy card when selling a gun?

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why does everyone on here ask for a good guy card when selling a gun?[/quote]

Exactly private sales are not the problem. Guns are out there, a lot of them, no law future or current will be able to change that. Same goes for gun buy backs and such.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
mash man wrote:
First of all I am not convinced that you even own a gun. But lets just say you do, did you go buy a gun from a store before you ever shot one? Or did you shoot someone else's gun first?

I shot one at a range. Which is allowed under 594. And I've had a background check for every gun I've bought. Some at local dealers, some mail order to my local FFL.

Quote:
Note the latter would now make you a criminal and if was more than once it would make you a felon (come hang out with me) tell me again how this is not about gun control? Oh yes I know there are gun owning libs my father is one of them. But the difference is he would never support in any way anything that would hinder or stop people from owning or using guns. He understands that if a person wants something they will get laws be dammed.

Right now, if you sell a gun to a felon, and don't ask any questions, and didn't know they were a felon, under both state and federal law there are no consequences.

Why does everyone on here ask for a good guy card when selling a gun?

Not everyone does. They don't have to. It like insurance you don't have to have it but it's a good idea to have it.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

FattyKrack wrote:
Captain90s wrote:
Yeah if 594 passes, I really don't know if I want to live in this state anymore... I love the legal weed and all, but fuck me running if I'm gonna live in California V2.0

Vote. Get your friends to vote. Family. Coworkers. Strangers. Change people's minds. Or leave with any support you could have had. Or you can send money from out of state that we would be hypocritical to take and use :)
I understand the frustration... But I feel guilty still for leaving California with the open carry initiative unvoted on. It passed for many reasons, but I gave no support to help stopping it. Do all you can now. I have convinced at least two dozen voters (not much but still) to vote against 594 and for 591 in the past 5 days. There's a wedding with a hundred people, and I will inform each and every one about it as well.
Not saying you aren't, but do your part

What he said. We would out vote the liberals if we could be bothered to fight like they do.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:32 am
Profile WWW

here's a question. How many sales to nutjobs and criminals are stopped because of background checks in CA? I'd be suprised if the number was very large because THEY KNOW they won't pass.

criminals buy guns from other criminals, or steal them, it's the way it's always been. Nutjobs don't need guns, knives, gasoline, golf clubs, hammers, whatever is at hand will work for them.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trolls don't own guns they just say they do. Funny thing, over 2000 posts yet they have never needed anything sold from this site.

MODS, Ya need to define what a TROLL is and eliminate them. Unlike REAL members, trolls are not here to "BETTER" the site. :angryfire:

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Classic wrote:
Trolls don't own guns they just say they do. Funny thing, over 2000 posts yet they have never needed anything sold from this site.

MODS, Ya need to define what a TROLL is and eliminate them. Unlike REAL members, trolls are not here to "BETTER" the site. :angryfire:

A troll is someone who posts something just to stir up shit.

Hmmmm.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Classic wrote:

Hmmmm.

A Troll is someone who doesn't give a shit about the site and is here to report to WAGR and Bloomberg's org what the Gun Loving Public is saying :045:

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:51 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Classic wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Classic wrote:

Hmmmm.

A Troll is someone who doesn't give a shit about the site and is here to report to WAGR and Bloomberg's org what the Gun Loving Public is saying :045:

I have no doubt that we have such people here . . . and I'm also certain that ANZAC isn't one of them. Always be careful what you say.

Since we've had some recurring posts with this theme recently (and not all of them by Classic), let me make something very clear to everyone: I don't like personal vendettas to drive any particular person off of WaGuns, or get them banned. If you do this, it is far more likely that YOU will get banned than your target. It has already happened to several people.

If you truly think that someone has committed a "bannable" offense, then send a PM to one of us on the mod team and explain the situation.

If you simply don't like someone, or don't like what they have to say, then go to their profile page and "add foe." This will hide their posts from you, so you won't get riled up.

But . . . please, please don't conduct a public witch hunt. It won't end well.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Classic wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Classic wrote:

Hmmmm.

I have no doubt that we have such people here . . . and I'm also certain that ANZAC isn't one of them. Always be careful what you say.

Since we've had some recurring posts with this theme recently (and not all of them by Classic), let me make something very clear to everyone: I don't like personal vendettas to drive any particular person off of WaGuns, or get them banned. If you do this, it is far more likely that YOU will get banned than your target. It has already happened to several people.

If you truly think that someone has committed a "bannable" offense, then send a PM to one of us on the mod team and explain the situation.

If you simply don't like someone, or don't like what they have to say, then go to their profile page and "add foe." This will hide their posts from you, so you won't get riled up.

But . . . please, please don't conduct a public witch hunt. It won't end well.

Funny, I NEVER mentioned anyone....................................................................................

Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cosme9242 wrote:
Definition of insanity (for 99% of us): Doing the same thing expecting different results

All anyone is trying to get you (ANZAC) to understand on this thread is that history repeats itself and that's what will (not may) happen after i594 passes.

And yet we keep going down the same rabbit hole, fighting with Anzac on every 591/594 thread created. Nobody here is going to change his mind, and yet people keep wasting their time trying. It then devolves into someone trying to find a way to bash him for his beliefs while trying to skirt the rules and push the limits, and almost without fail requires an admin or moderator to step in.

What are we accomplishing? Not a damn thing. He already knows the vast majority here disagree with him, so why don't we leave him alone and try to find something constructive to do with our time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I talked a single person into voting no on 594 today. Thus canceling out Anzac. No more need to argue. Now everyone else go out and do the same.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Yeah, anyone reporting back would be a lurker, not someone who keeps posting.
Well unless they're stupid.....

:facepalm2:

Most of my recent contact back with WAGR is complaining about their misleading language in ads.

I should also point out I've bought items through the site (not firearms). Haven't had anything to sell yet.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next