Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 time for the NRA to step up and sue with the SAF 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Courts I'm telling you. The best place for that money is the courts where 594 is fatally flawed and no amount of advertising can fix it.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Courts I'm telling you. The best place for that money is the courts where 594 is fatally flawed and no amount of advertising can fix it.

:yes:

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I fear our court system as much, if not more, than the uneducated and misinformed voters...

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:14 pm

This won't be the first time the NRA has said, "F You members." After the unSAFE act was passed in NY (gotta get a background check to buy ammo, for instance) the NRA was nowhere to be seen. They supposedly did provide some help to NY State groups, but it was so little and so late as to be useless.

I expect nothing from the NRA. I've quit them once because of their failure to act, and it looks like I'll be doing it again. Don't pin any hope on 'em, you'll be disappointed.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparky D wrote:
I fear our court system as much, if not more, than the uneducated and misinformed voters...

Show me a state court in this state that could actually insist 594 passes the single issue smell test.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Show me a state court in this state that could actually insist 594 passes the single issue smell test.

Not sure what this means. Elaborate?

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An initiative can only address one single issue.

594 addresses background checks, redefines firearms and transfer, meddles with the tax code and God only knows what else.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://ballotpedia.org/Single-subject_rule

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is what Classic and I were talking about a long time ago.
It came from Tim Iman's initiatives. They kept getting shot down because he had too many "things" listed.

594 should be fairly easy to have thrown out.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup. I've been saying it all along too. The usual retort has been some vague claim about the courts can't be trusted blah blah blah.

Here you have it folks. Sit back and let Bloomberg blow $$$, kick ass in the courts where procedure and the constitution are on our side. This is called letting your enemies over extend themselves.

Then work on the legislature to make sure this shit never gets passed by them.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Yup. I've been saying it all along too. The usual retort has been some vague claim about the courts can't be trusted blah blah blah.

Here you have it folks. Sit back and let Bloomberg blow $$$, kick ass in the courts where procedure and the constitution are on our side. This is called letting your enemies over extend themselves.

Then work on the legislature to make sure this shit never gets passed by them.

Gotcha. Good, I was unaware of that rule. Definitely agree that 594 steps far beyond that boundary, as long as it's argued smartly by our side in court.

Calguns would actually ask members to keep negative commentary on pending legislation to a minimum, and not point out specific flaws in the bills. Can't think of how many times some State Representative would get a bill passed only to see it thrown out in court on initial review. It's a valid strategy.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Sparky D wrote:
I dissagree.

The pro side aired countless TV ads from September on. They had the funds available to do that.
There was plenty of opportunity for the NRA to buy TV spots to counter the half truths, misleading statistics, and down right lies the pro side was spewing.
If you tell a lie often enough and/or allow it to go unchallenged, people will believe it. Especially the "sound bite" and spoon fed masses.
We lost in the arena of public opinion because we didn't field an opponent to challenge them on their turf...

Alpine wrote:
Give me a break.

The NRA could have done so many sensational commercials on 594's craziest points. Remember how SB5737 was pulled when the media found the home inspection provision?

The NRA could have run an ad with an old granny wearing a black mourning dress getting arrested and thrown in jail because she didn't called DOL within 60 days of her husband's death to register his old WW2 pistols.

They could have done an ad with a rape victim sitting on a couch in a dark house explaining how she used a gun to defend herself, but because of 594 she has to wait up to 10 days to get it back from police, meanwhile her rapist bails out in 2 days and knowing 594 has disarmed her, is coming to finish her off. Close the commercial with glass breaking and her screaming.

Easy, easy, easy. The NRA could have spent 1/4 of what Billionaires for Freedom Control spent and still won. But they didn't even try. And it's going to cost us an onslaught of initiative battles over the coming years when instead we could have built a firewall.

You both assume that the NRA's ads would have worked. I'm telling you that is unlikely given the fact that acceptance of the anti-594 message would require the ability to critically think and logically conclude that 594 is flawed. Western WA voters have proven to us time and time again that they possess neither the desire nor the ability to think critically or logically when choosing to support or oppose ballot initiatives. But that's just my viewpoint, and you are free to disagree.

It doesn't take logic to achieve an emotional response from seeing grandma cuffed and standing in a jail cell with her hands gripping the bars and crying.

Or watching a rape victim scream as her window is busted in by the attacker who bailed out of jail before she got her gun back from police.

Those kinds of ads would have been VERY effective.

As for the courts, the WA courts are VERY dangerous. This is the same Supreme Court that decided McCleary and is attempting to hijack the state budget process and take over the role of the legislature. REMEMBER THAT.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Umm does anyone realize the constitution mandates funding of public education, and it's well within the roll of the supreme court to enforce that?

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
stop pontificating over what the NRA should do and tell them. I already fired them off a note today. https://www.nraila.org/secure/contact-us.aspx

Yep, Just sent them the follwoing:

Considering how anemic the support for those of us in Washington State against the 594. and no support for 591 which might have at least helped defeat the crazy rules of 594.
What is the NRA going to do now. Write us off again.
Based on what I have heard from local members we are not too happy with the lukewarm support we got from the NRA and now that the Bloomberg and other billionaires have bought a nasty denials of our rights, me and a bunch of us would like to know what and if you plan to actually get involved finally?
I look forward to actually seeing the NRA who gets lots of money from Washington actually help us.

I look forward to your reply and will share it with my fellow Washington gun owners on the forum WAguns.org.
Thanks PAris

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Umm does anyone realize the constitution mandates funding of public education, and it's well within the roll of the supreme court to enforce that?

Yes. And we did before the court case. The McCleary decision was BS! Even before that extra 1 BILLION the Senate budget put into K-12 education, it was still the plurality of funding recipient in our state budget at over 30%! Nothing else got more money! Plus, we were 27th in terms of dollars-per-student spending among the states.

Given those two statistics there was NO way the case should have been made that we were violating our Constitutional obligation to fund K-12. Maybe if roads got more money than it in the budget or or maybe if we were ranked #50 on per-student-dollars, then MAYBE I could see the argument, but given that those aren't true, McCleary was BS. This is what happens when the WEA teachers' union essentially buys the campaign costs for State Supreme Court Justices. Those scumbags that received contributions from and were endorsed by the WEA didn't even have the decency to recuse themselves from the case! I personally liked Pam Roach's idea: impeach the justices who voted for McCleary and whittle the court down to 3 justices. How dare the court try to seize budget powers when the legislature WAS making a good faith effort to fund education by every measurable sense!

So before you trust the state supreme court to throw out 594, consider the insanity of the McCleary decision and remind yourself that our state SC is partisan and crazy. In the end, we may have to take this to federal court, which is also scary given how liberal the 9th circuit it. Either way, fighting it on the ballot would have been the smarter move for MANY reasons.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next