Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Things other than guns that are defined as a "firearm" 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RCW 9.41.010 provides definitions for many of the commonly used terms in the firearms laws of the state. Section (9) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder."

Ramset and other powder-actuated fastening tools. (there are cases of these being used as a weapon)
Roman Candles.
Party poppers.
Saturn Batteries.
Marine safety flare guns (Orion, etc) WSP has already determined in a previous case that these are considered firearms.
The WSDOT's artillery that they use for avalanche control.

So...Letter of the law. What FFL should I go to when I need to buy a Ramset tool? Will WalMart move all their flare guns behind the gun counter and require a BGC to purchase them? If I buy New Years' fireworks on the reservation, am I now a felon? Does avalance control now fall under the umbrella of Law Enforcement, since the DOT is not allowed to use their own tools?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stop giving the libtards ideas.
:popcorn:

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to print a copy of 594, highlight the appropriate sections, go to Home Depot on December 4th, buy a Ramset tool and a box of .27 charges, call the cops, and sell them back and forth in the parking lot until we get arrested.

Quote:
(25) "Transfer" means the intended delivery of a firearm to another
person without consideration of payment or promise of payment
including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.

Sec. 3. A new section is added to chapter 9.41 RCW to read as follows:
All firearm sales or transfers, in whole or part in this state including without limitation a sale or transfer where either the purchaser or seller or transferee or transferor is in Washington, shall
be subject to background checks unless specifically exempted by state or federal law.

Quote:
A law with intelligence, common sense and reasonableness written into it can be applied as written with reasonable results. This law cannot because the authors were either incapable of writing a reasonable law or just chose not to and they sold it with their million dollar TV ads and glossy mailers.

The answer to bad law is not police discretion in enforcing the law or selective prosecution. But now that is what the supporters of this law want us to put our faith in.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cycle61 wrote:
I'm going to print a copy of 594, highlight the appropriate sections, go to Home Depot on December 4th, buy a Ramset tool and a box of .27 charges, call the cops, and sell them back and forth in the parking lot until we get arrested.

Quote:

All firearm sales or transfers, in whole or part in this state including without limitation a sale or transfer where either the purchaser or seller or transferee or transferor is in Washington, shall
be subject to background checks unless specifically exempted by state or federal law.

Quote:
A law with intelligence, common sense and reasonableness written into it can be applied as written with reasonable results. This law cannot because the authors were either incapable of writing a reasonable law or just chose not to and they sold it with their million dollar TV ads and glossy mailers.

The answer to bad law is not police discretion in enforcing the law or selective prosecution. But now that is what the supporters of this law want us to put our faith in.

Video of this is requested and required So that I can overlay the Benny Hill theme and play it at 8x speed

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cycle61 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're doing it all wrong. When you call the cops you need to show them the tool and the person that sold it to you. Then DEMAND that they are charged. This will get Home Depot to foot the bill for the legal costs to fight 594 without them even realizing it.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sissyboy wrote:
You're doing it all wrong. When you call the cops you need to show them the tool and the person that sold it to you. Then DEMAND that they are charged. This will get Home Depot to foot the bill for the legal costs to fight 594 without them even realizing it.

I like the way you think.

Although, in fairness I should contact the manager of the store first, and let them know that these items are about to become illegal to sell without an FFL.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Or you could STF- :cussing: :angryfire:
Oh, nevermind. It's out there now. Between WaGuns and and several other sites, all the best toys are gonna be regulated now. :frust: :blackcloud1:

Thanks! :gibbs:

OK

Massivedesign wrote:
Owen, grab mine please!! I’ll speak for chris. Grab his too!

MadPick wrote:
I also get serviced by Massivedesign.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a thread regarding some points over on OCDO:

One person wrote to Home Depot to tell them about 594 and about the .22 blank nail guns. This was their reply:
Quote:
Dear Whitney Slater,

Thank you for your response. From the reply I got back from the
Legislative Information Center, it seems that these nail guns will be
affected if they are powder actuated tools. Thank you so much for
bringing this to our attention. As I mentioned previously, I have
already shared your concerns with our Government Relations Team. If
there is anything else I may help you with, please do not hesitate to
reply to this email or contact me directly. Have a great day and thank
you for contacting The Home Depot!

Sincerely,

Karen Cortés

Resolution Expediter
2455 Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: 770-433-8211 or 1-800-654-0688 Ext: 77519
Fax: 678-556-7614

In my absence, please contact Shamar Jackson at ext 76070.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

What about black powder guns? I was under the impression that they weren't as regulated as normal firearms, but will they be now?

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good thread over there, thanks. :thumbsup2:

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
What about black powder guns? I was under the impression that they weren't as regulated as normal firearms, but will they be now?

Right!!

Just like "assault weapons bans don't affect my skeet shootin', so I don't care".

Again: :gibbs:

THEY ARE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS, and anything else you might be able to use!

OK

Massivedesign wrote:

MadPick wrote:

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

DGM33 wrote:

594 doesn't affect "antique firearms," and they are defined as:

594 BS wrote:
(1) "Antique firearm" means a firearm or replica of a firearm not designed or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898, including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

That language is fucking confusing . . . but I think it means that a replica of a pre-1899 black powder gun is exempted.

Who knows what "replica" means, but I would hope that the typical percussion and flintlock guns are close enough.

Now how about a modern black powder guns like the ones below? The best I can tell, those are subject to 594-esque background checks:

Does anyone see something different?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
594 BS wrote:
... for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

That language is fucking confusing . . .

But not intentionally deceptive [/sarcasm]

Quote:
Does anyone see something different?

Um, yeah.
I don't look for it, 'cause it's not my game, but isn't black powder still out there? Through "normal channels"? And you can't say sinkers are hard to find in a state that Fishes like Washington. All you really need is the right raw materials, a couple good machines, and the know-how and you're building and shooting black powder... or anything else, really.

Gerry Spence wrote:
"The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power, in power."

Again, I don't care what you shoot - in fact, I encourage all and I really enjoy seeing variety of styles, forms and hardware - But we (Americans) have to get over this "Not My Problem" mentality. We're all in this.

My rights have been infringed enough. How 'bout yours?

OK

Massivedesign wrote:

MadPick wrote:

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is freaking hilarious, because 594 is about to cause trouble in the construction trades now too. Hell, any projectile signal flare is suddenly gonna be impossible to transfer. You really think the ATF is going to want to be bothered by a background check on a handheld flare?

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The ammunition no longer manufactured... refers to cartridge arms.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next