Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Delete please 

Delete please

Last edited by Seattle on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Range - No
Pit - yes I594 would make the handing of your gun to him/her a Gross mis the first time you did it, and a Felony the second time.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:58 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I take people all the time to the range that are not from the US.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All you need to know is here:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.171

They either need to be a permanent resident, have an alien firearm license, or a hunting license etc. (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.175)

So, someone fresh off the boat, them having a gun to shoot anywhere is illegal unless covered under one of the options under .175

But I believe they are the ones who are committing a crime, not the person giving them a gun.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:37 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

ANZAC wrote:

They either need to be a permanent resident, have an alien firearm license, or a hunting license etc. (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.175)

So, someone fresh off the boat, them having a gun to shoot anywhere is illegal unless covered under one of the options under .175

But I believe they are the ones who are committing a crime, not the person giving them a gun.

WCA and Wades let foreigners shoot all the time. Hell, i did a team building event with a bunch of folks from Sweden. Were everyone one of them breaking the law?

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, lawbreakers. Swack them all alongside the head with a lutefisk lawbreaker paddle.

Followed by 100 hours of Anzac bull horn delivered indoctrination into the intricacies of 594 just for good measure.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

594 cures cancer. Why do you hate it?

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

WCA and Wades let foreigners shoot all the time. Hell, i did a team building event with a bunch of folks from Sweden. Were everyone one of them breaking the law?

I don't know if they were permanent residents, had hunting permits or alien firearm licenses or whatever. The law is pretty self explanatory.

I would also add, pre 594, the person giving them the gun may not have any issues, but post 594, given that they are prohibited persons (they could not go buy a gun) some of the exemptions under 594 may not apply. (I didn't go back and look at it)

Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:16 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

BadKarma wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Yup, that was my first thought too . . . I can't count the number of foreign tourists I've seen in Wades, and I remember going with some Japanese coworkers some years back.

This is strange.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.175

Quote:
(1) A nonimmigrant alien, who is not a resident of Washington or a citizen of Canada, may carry or possess any firearm without having first obtained an alien firearm license if the nonimmigrant alien possesses:

(a) A valid passport and visa showing he or she is in the country legally;

(b) If required under federal law, an approved United States department of justice ATF-6 NIA application and permit for temporary importation of firearms and ammunition by nonimmigrant aliens; and

(c)(i) A valid hunting license issued by a state or territory of the United States; or

(ii) An invitation to participate in a trade show or sport shooting event being conducted in this state, another state, or another country that is contiguous with this state.

(2) A citizen of Canada may carry or possess any firearm so long as he or she possesses:

(a) Valid documentation as required for entry into the United States;

(b) If required under federal law, an approved United States department of justice ATF-6 NIA application and permit for temporary importation of firearms and ammunition by nonimmigrant aliens; and

(c)(i) A valid hunting license issued by a state or territory of the United States; or

(ii) An invitation to participate in a trade show or sport shooting event being conducted in this state, another state, or another country that is contiguous with this state.

So the best way is for you to take that Legal visitor to a gun range and have them rent a firearm to shoot... with their valid passport from their country as ID.

It's also best for you to pay the rental fee so you can handle the firearm between you and the visitor (both from a legal and range perspective). Ranges don't like for non paying rental firearms to be handled by someone that isn't paying (renting).

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:

Quote:
(1) A nonimmigrant alien, who is not a resident of Washington or a citizen of Canada, may carry or possess any firearm without having first obtained an alien firearm license if the nonimmigrant alien possesses:

(2) A citizen of Canada may carry or possess any firearm so long as he or she possesses:

So the best way is for you to take that Legal visitor to a gun range and have them rent a firearm to shoot... with their valid passport from their country as ID.

It's also best for you to pay the rental fee so you can handle the firearm between you and the visitor (both from a legal and range perspective). Ranges don't like for non paying rental firearms to be handled by someone that isn't paying (renting).

You misread it. That is ONE thing you need. I highlighted the important word "and".

You need
(a) valid passport etc AND
(b) ATF stuff if importing and applicable AND
(c) a hunting license, OR an invitation to compete in a trade show or shooting event etc.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:57 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

ANZAC wrote:
oldkim wrote:

Quote:

You misread it. That is ONE thing you need. I highlighted the important word "and".

You need
(a) valid passport etc AND
(b) ATF stuff if importing and applicable AND
(c) a hunting license, OR an invitation to compete in a trade show or shooting event etc.

Let just make it so non US citizens cannot possess guns, does that make sense as a deterrent to terrorist activity?

sent from my apple pet

CHECK OUT OUR NEW ESTORE
WE can take credit cards plus 3%
I AM AN FFL/NFA DEALER. EVERYTHING I SELL HAS PAPERWORK REQUIRED AND I AM FORCED TO CHARGE SALES TAX

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K&E ARMS wrote:
Let just make it so non US citizens cannot possess guns, does that make sense as a deterrent to terrorist activity?

I thought the training camps were up in BC? But seriously, al qaeda and the flight simulators....

I have never ever taken for granted my ability as a non-citizen to own guns.
However, they always have the option of deporting me at any time.

The bill of rights applies to everyone in the country. Even if you're an illegal, you have 5th, 1st, 4th, etc. amendment rights.
But you'll also see they are somewhat reduced in places (the RCW is a good example, it reduces the 2nd amendment rights of non-immigrant aliens).

Of course the second amendment does say "persons" (everyone in the US) or "citizens", it says "people":
Read more here: http://www.nyulawreview.org/sites/defau ... ekaram.pdf

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Yep, lawbreakers. Swack them all alongside the head with a lutefisk lawbreaker paddle.

Followed by 100 hours of Anzac bull horn delivered indoctrination into the intricacies of 594 just for good measure.

I'd wager that the Supreme's would rule either one of those punishments cruel and unusual. Even worse if you made them eat the lutefisk. Of course once they've eaten it they could have a defense against ANZAC. Just blow the fish breath back at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops, standard operating procedure for me to take foreign visitors shooting out at a pit under my direct supervision. Interesting.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next