Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Lawsuit FILED! 

I'm going to donate $50 toward this. Fuck yeah!

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On 12/17 I donated $350 to SAF and $250 to CCRKBA. :thumbsup2:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:

Nice . . . that's probably what put the effort over the top. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, you've been very generous throughout this whole 594 debacle. Thanks for doing MORE than your part. :bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:20 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

SAF donation sent. Happy New Year everybody! Keep up the fight!

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent news.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great News!!!!!! Hopefully we get that injunction soon..

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Nice . . . that's probably what put the effort over the top. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, you've been very generous throughout this whole 594 debacle. Thanks for doing MORE than your part. :bow:

The reason I brought it up now is twofold:

1) To poke at Dave Workman.
2) Goad others to do the same! (donate, not poke at Dave)

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent news.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Yeppie Ki Ya MOFO :AR15firing:

Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a little confused about some of their legal arguments:

Quote:
Plaintiff JOE WALDRON (“Waldron”) is a resident of Florida. Waldron is the legislative director for the Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (“CCRKBA”), the Chairman/Treasurer of Gun Owner's Action League of Washington, and is a registered Washington state lobbyist; he travels to Washington frequently for business related to those positions. When traveling in Washington, Waldron exercises his right to carry a firearm for self-defense pursuant to a valid Washington State concealed pistol license. Waldron would check a firearm in his luggage but cannot determine whether the act of “transferring” the firearm to or from an airline employee is governed by I-594. Waldron would also borrow a pistol from Plaintiff Alan Gottlieb, but federal law prohibits a licensed dealer in Washington from transferring a handgun to non-resident Waldron, making I-594’s requirement of transfers through a licensed dealer impossible for Waldron. Waldron fears arrest, prosecution, fine, and imprisonment for the “transfer” in possession of firearms that he would undertake but for their criminalization under I-594.

Bolding is mine. There's another plaintiff that is also a non-resident and seems to borrow guns from Alan while in town...which I thought was illegal under federal law? According to 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(3), loaning a gun to a person from another state is permissible for "lawful sporting purposes" only (http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/44/922).

Soooo, Waldron or the other plaintiff borrowing a pistol from Alan makes no sense (and is illegal) unless they are going hunting or target shooting - yet they cite the fact that he has a CPL and carries for self-defense. :peep:

It's even specifically mentioned in their arguments against 594:

Quote:
40. I-594 completely prohibits an out-of-state individual from borrowing a handgun to lawfully carry for self-defense while in the state of Washington.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Even if Bloomturd put up $20 mil to try to fight this in court, he would still lose because of how badly it's written. thumbsup

Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:52 pm

AR15L wrote:
Even if Bloomturd put up $20 mil to try to fight this in court, he would still lose because of how badly it's written. thumbsup

I'm pretty sure Bloomberg cannot donate to this, and WAGR cannot put resources behind this, as the official capacity of the state is being sued.

Looking forward to hearing about an injunction.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

VOID 594

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In case you didn't get the email this afternoon.
POGR makes some good points and answeres why parts were addressed the way they were.

Quote:
SAF SPEARHEADS FEDERAL LAWSUIT AGAINST I-594

For Immediate Release - Contact: Alan Gottlieb (425) 454-7012

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a lawsuit in federal district court in Tacoma, seeking a permanent injunction against enforcement of portions of Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure that took effect Dec. 4, alleging that “portions of I-594…are so vague that a person of ordinary intelligence cannot understand their scope,” and that other parts violate the Second Amendment outright.

Joining SAF in this action are the Northwest School of Safety, Puget Sound Security, Inc., the Pacific Northwest Association of Investors, the Firearms Academy of Seattle, six individual citizens including SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb and the Gottlieb Family Trust. They are represented by Seattle attorneys Steven Fogg and David Edwards, and Bellevue attorney Miko Tempski.

Named as defendants are Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Washington State Patrol Chief John Batiste, in their official capacities.

“We took this action due to the confusing and arbitrary language and nature of I-594,” Gottlieb explained.

“Three of our plaintiffs, including my son, are residents of other states and cannot legally borrow handguns for personal protection while traveling in Washington. Under I-594, all transfers must be done through federally-licensed firearms dealers, but under federal law, dealers cannot legally transfer handguns to residents of other states. I-594 also essentially prohibits our non-resident plaintiffs from storing their own firearms here.

“This measure effectively infringes upon, if not outright prohibits, the exercise of their constitutionally-protected right to bear arms under the Second Amendment,” he added.

Gottlieb pointed to a recent directive from the state Department of Fish and Wildlife to its volunteer hunter education instructors regarding firearms transfers in class that amount to “straw-man transfers.” The lawsuit also notes that the State Patrol said it could not prove that a change of possession not covered by an I-594 exemption was a “transfer,” making enforcement of the new law “difficult if not impossible.”

“We’re not trying to stop background checks,” Gottlieb said. “We’re taking action against a poorly-written and unconstitutionally vague measure that criminalizes activities that are perfectly legal anywhere else in the country, thus striking at the very heart of a constitutionally-protected, fundamental civil right.”

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

-END-

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
In case you didn't get the email this afternoon.
POGR makes some good points and answeres why parts were addressed the way they were.

Quote:
SAF SPEARHEADS FEDERAL LAWSUIT AGAINST I-594

For Immediate Release - Contact: Alan Gottlieb (425) 454-7012

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a lawsuit in federal district court in Tacoma, seeking a permanent injunction against enforcement of portions of Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure that took effect Dec. 4, alleging that “portions of I-594…are so vague that a person of ordinary intelligence cannot understand their scope,” and that other parts violate the Second Amendment outright.

Joining SAF in this action are the Northwest School of Safety, Puget Sound Security, Inc., the Pacific Northwest Association of Investors, the Firearms Academy of Seattle, six individual citizens including SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb and the Gottlieb Family Trust. They are represented by Seattle attorneys Steven Fogg and David Edwards, and Bellevue attorney Miko Tempski.

Named as defendants are Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Washington State Patrol Chief John Batiste, in their official capacities.

“We took this action due to the confusing and arbitrary language and nature of I-594,” Gottlieb explained.

Three of our plaintiffs, including my son, are residents of other states and cannot legally borrow handguns for personal protection while traveling in Washington. Under I-594, all transfers must be done through federally-licensed firearms dealers, but under federal law, dealers cannot legally transfer handguns to residents of other states. I-594 also essentially prohibits our non-resident plaintiffs from storing their own firearms here.

“This measure effectively infringes upon, if not outright prohibits, the exercise of their constitutionally-protected right to bear arms under the Second Amendment,” he added.

Gottlieb pointed to a recent directive from the state Department of Fish and Wildlife to its volunteer hunter education instructors regarding firearms transfers in class that amount to “straw-man transfers.” The lawsuit also notes that the State Patrol said it could not prove that a change of possession not covered by an I-594 exemption was a “transfer,” making enforcement of the new law “difficult if not impossible.”

“We’re not trying to stop background checks,” Gottlieb said. “We’re taking action against a poorly-written and unconstitutionally vague measure that criminalizes activities that are perfectly legal anywhere else in the country, thus striking at the very heart of a constitutionally-protected, fundamental civil right.”

The Second Amendment Foundation (http://www.saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

-END-

My emphasis in red...again, federal law prohibits out of state residents from borrowing a gun for self defense purposes...so that's confusing.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next