Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 concealed Pistol License & school grounds? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
joao01 wrote:
First time I've seen that. I had no idea each municipality could regulate carrying while drinking. I'd rather have a consistent law.

Remember state preemption has very specific language in it about the things that can't be preempted. For example, a local municipality can regulate where you can shoot.

I agree with you on a consistent law. It might also be there is or was an RCW on that and the local municipality doubled up.
I'm not in favor of ANY local firearms laws.

towards the end of that letter, I interpret it to mean you might not be able to carry a firearm if your BAC is .1 or greater. Did I miss something about municipalities being able to set different BAC levels?

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Municipalities can basically regulate where a firearm can be discharged (cities can ban it entirely, for example, if they want to), and then they have some control over where gun stores can be located, etc. They aren't given any discretion or leeway when it comes to creating restrictions on carry.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
Municipalities can basically regulate where a firearm can be discharged (cities can ban it entirely, for example, if they want to), and then they have some control over where gun stores can be located, etc. They aren't given any discretion or leeway when it comes to creating restrictions on carry.

I have relatives who live outside Tenino city limits, and have poured over those codes to see if I can dispatch a chicken by discharging a firearm. Sifting through municipal codes can be painful.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3