Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 concealed Pistol License & school grounds? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One time, a hostess tried arguing with me about declining the bar, and I finally said "I can't sit in the bar" and she gave me a dirty look and a scowl. And ever helpful, a friend I was with (different one from the Cheesecake factory) piped up and said "Can't carry his gun in the bar".

We got seated really fast after that though LOL.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
One time, a hostess tried arguing with me about declining the bar, and I finally said "I can't sit in the bar" and she gave me a dirty look and a scowl. And ever helpful, a friend I was with (different one from the Cheesecake factory) piped up and said "Can't carry his gun in the bar".

ahahaha. This happened to me at the red Robin at the wharf going in for a beer. Hostess tried seating us at bar. Declined. Waitress tried seating us at bar, declined. We were sat and ordered the couple beers and nothing else. They were really busy and must have needed the tabke, because a manager then came over and politely tried to convince us to seat at the bar. I slowly stood up, while the managers smile widened, took off my coat and sat back down. From smile to loose jaw drop in a flash.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FattyKrack wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

ahahaha. This happened to me at the red Robin at the wharf going in for a beer. Hostess tried seating us at bar. Declined. Waitress tried seating us at bar, declined. We were sat and ordered the couple beers and nothing else. They were really busy and must have needed the tabke, because a manager then came over and politely tried to convince us to seat at the bar. I slowly stood up, while the managers smile widened, took off my coat and sat back down. From smile to loose jaw drop in a flash.

And that's the ridiculous thing, you can consume alcohol in the <21 portion..... so....why shouldn't you be able to be in the >= 21 portion with your gun?

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:12 am

As I mentioned in another thread, if I get some time off work, I'm planning on drafting a bill and pitching it to my state senator to replace the prohibition on carrying in 21+ areas with one that prohibits carrying while legally intoxicated. Maybe other people on here are interested in pushing something like that?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
FattyKrack wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

And that's the ridiculous thing, you can consume alcohol in the <21 portion..... so....why shouldn't you be able to be in the >= 21 portion with your gun?

Gun?!? I didn't have a gun! I didn't have a shirt on! She'd never seen more hair in her life!

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KWA-S wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, if I get some time off work, I'm planning on drafting a bill and pitching it to my state senator to replace the prohibition on carrying in 21+ areas with one that prohibits carrying while legally intoxicated. Maybe other people on here are interested in pushing something like that?

I'm in. I think that makes way more sense.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
KWA-S wrote:

I'm in too.

Be aware there are some local ordinances on carrying while intoxicated. The state ruled that state law did not preempt those ordnances.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/AGOOpinions/opini ... MHQqsZ9V78

If a new RCW is made on this it would preempt the local ordinances (I think) - which is not a bad thing. I'd rather have a consistent state law so I don't have to worry about going to some town that has a different law.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought you could have a firearm if you are 'just passing through'. There is fed law that allows transport through even the most gun unfriendly states. Just don't stop on your way through.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gscott wrote:
I thought you could have a firearm if you are 'just passing through'. There is fed law that allows transport through even the most gun unfriendly states. Just don't stop on your way through.

See viewtopic.php?f=47&t=51548

There's nothing about "not stopping".

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
nitefire1 wrote:
I always carry in a bar, I never saw that one but then I never go to a bar to drink, only to eat, prices to drink alcohol are much to high and I have gotten to old to chase happy hour & specials.

The bar thing is asinine. Sitting in the bar at Red Robin because I would prefer to avoid the screaming 10-year-olds in the general admission section shouldn't preclude me from being armed, especially when I'm not drinking (which I'm not). Oregon has this one figured out. A CPL or a not-drinking exemption would tickle me to no end.

I don't think I would support that. Everyone has to make his/her own choices, but I will sometimes have a beer with dinner when my wife and I go out. I'd be willing to support a BAC limit, like driving though. You have to be careful how it is worded. If you a drunk with a holstered weapon, you are fine. But if you draw that weapon, you are in pretty serious poop. My understanding is you can only be charged with drunk driving if you are actually driving, not just sitting in your car.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
KWA-S wrote:

I'm in too.

Be aware there are some local ordinances on carrying while intoxicated. The state ruled that state law did not preempt those ordnances.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/AGOOpinions/opini ... MHQqsZ9V78

If a new RCW is made on this it would preempt the local ordinances (I think) - which is not a bad thing. I'd rather have a consistent state law so I don't have to worry about going to some town that has a different law.

First time I've seen that. I had no idea each municipality could regulate carrying while drinking. I'd rather have a consistent law.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
First time I've seen that. I had no idea each municipality could regulate carrying while drinking. I'd rather have a consistent law.

Remember state preemption has very specific language in it about the things that can't be preempted. For example, a local municipality can regulate where you can shoot.

I agree with you on a consistent law. It might also be there is or was an RCW on that and the local municipality doubled up.
I'm not in favor of ANY local firearms laws.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:

Sounds like you should have been backing 591 all along then.... Just saying. :thumbsup2:

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sissyboy wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Sounds like you should have been backing 591 all along then.... Just saying. :thumbsup2:

Actually, I would have far preferred a federal UBC standard, that way no confusion with FFLs on implementation etc, would also require addressing the 18-20 year old handgun situation.

So... that was one aspect of 591 I liked, just not willing to wait for it. But you guys would all support it, right?

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm

I feel confident that no local laws on firearms ownership/use can be made in WA, I think it is in the state constitution. OR yes.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next