Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Chicago needs a champion in the fight against guns 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a great article highlighting the mentality behind gun control.

"When the five men running to be mayor of Chicago sat down Friday with the Chicago Sun-Times Editorial Board, they were at times eloquent in describing the social roots, such as a dearth of jobs and inadequate schools, of Chicago’s gun violence. But they often left us wondering just how serious they would be about getting rid of illegal guns."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/editorials-opinion/7/71/339031/mayor-race-highlight-forceful-opposition-illegal-guns

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:39 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oprah, 2015...

The biggest question is one that has never been asked.. How do you control the uncontrollable?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Phoenix Jones could do it :Admin:

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"As the other four mayoral candidates pointed out Friday, stiffer sentences for possession of an illegal gun — even if the offender committed no other crime — would likely disproportionately affect members of racial minorities."

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
Oh yeah, all those evil NRA nuts from other states are supplying criminals with guns. Not our problem at all. If only all states had the same laws we did, everything would be great and criminals would turn themselves in before buying an illegal gun!!

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know some of you will nit-pick over semantics. There really is no thing as an illegal gun. Only people possessing, or using a gun in an illegal manner. An inanimate object cannot do anything illegal.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
I know some of you will nit-pick over semantics. There really is no thing as an illegal gun. Only people possessing, or using a gun in an illegal manner. An inanimate object cannot do anything illegal.

There are plenty of guns that are illegal to possess. NFA items without NFA paperwork, stolen guns, etc.

But I agree with you in principle. The possession is what is illegal. By itself the gun isn't.

(edit) also, it is not the "guns possessed illegally" that we need to get off the streets, it is the people who are committing the crimes by possessing thing. Taking a gun and turning it into a peace brick won't stop that person from stealing another one.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:

(edit) also, it is not the "guns possessed illegally" that we need to get off the streets, it is the people who are committing the crimes by possessing thing. Taking a gun and turning it into a peace brick won't stop that person from stealing another one.

Which is exactly why 594 is worthless.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bhpdrew wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Which is exactly why 594 is worthless.

I disagree. People should be prohibited or prosecuted for knowingly or unknowingly supplying guns to prohibited persons. It is another aspect of the same problem. I mentioned other aspects, theft and possession.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because clearly guns are the problem...

They complain about guns because they are unwilling or unable to address the real issues.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

angryfatcat wrote:
Because clearly guns are the problem...

They complain about guns because they are unwilling or unable to address the real issues.

indeed

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:

I disagree. People should be prohibited or prosecuted for knowingly or unknowingly supplying guns to prohibited persons. It is another aspect of the same problem. I mentioned other aspects, theft and possession.

I'm going to disagree with you here Anzac. By taking that stance you are putting the responsibility on the otherwise law abiding citizen to insure that the criminal obeys the law. This completely takes away all personal accountability. Passing the buck to the next guy. There is one person in the wrong here and that's the prohibited guy trying to gain possession.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sissyboy wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

I'm going to disagree with you here Anzac. By taking that stance you are putting the responsibility on the otherwise law abiding citizen to insure that the criminal obeys the law. This completely takes away all personal accountability. Passing the buck to the next guy. There is one person in the wrong here and that's the prohibited guy trying to gain possession.

So you think people who sell illegal drugs should be able to do so with impunity?

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:

Ok, so... you sell a vehicle to someone. They, in turn, are speeding and driving recklessly. They crash and kill themselves and anyone else in the car.
Should you be held liable for their actions in ignoring and breaking the law by their actions? Since it was YOU who provided them with said vehicle?

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bhpdrew wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Ok, so... you sell a vehicle to someone. They, in turn, are speeding and driving recklessly. They crash and kill themselves and anyone else in the car.
Should you be held liable for their actions in ignoring and breaking the law by their actions? Since it was YOU who provided them with said vehicle?

That's a specious analogy. There's no one who is not permitted to possess a car (that I can think of).
Big difference to an ex-felon or someone who was involuntarily committed. There are good reasons they are prohibited persons.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next