Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Legislature considering banning of firearms in chamber. 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

olydemon wrote:
Yea, that Gas Mask is a joke.... beyond the other jokers there....

This I completely agree with.

I just hate to see us attack our own... some remonstration is to be expected in any large group, especially when such a fundamental Right seems to be under the gun, so to speak. heh

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When our own cause us harm, then we need to distance ourselves from them or bring them into line. It is a problem with radicals everywhere. Control them or they control your message.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:37 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

kf7mjf wrote:
When our own cause us harm, then we need to distance ourselves from them or bring them into line. It is a problem with radicals everywhere. Control them or they control your message.

You cannot control them. You know that.
They do not control the message... They are a fringe part of the message.

I completely understand the situation- it's not like I am missing something. I am just stating my opinion that I don't want to drive ANY 2A supporter away... Gentle remonstration beats deep insults when dealing with a misguided compatriot.

As in most posts, this is just my opinion. :diggin: And on some positions I dig in. Not really sure I know enough about these folks to go all Andrew Dice Clay on their asses. (Certainly not in a public forum for me... I understand that each of you who are ripping on them are upset at what they did and feel that driving them away would probably benefit our cause.)

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lt. Governor Brad Owen has banned open carry in the Senate gallery and chamber.

Given the GOP majority in the Senate can Owen make this rule by himself? How about Senate President Pam Roach or the GOP majority leader?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because he's the Senate head. Similar roll of vice president to the US Senate. He can't block carry, but he can take action to.maintain decorum and keep things orderly.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Alpine wrote:
Lt. Governor Brad Owen has banned open carry in the Senate gallery and chamber.

Given the GOP majority in the Senate can Owen make this rule by himself? How about Senate President Pam Roach or the GOP majority leader?

Even GOP should be against brandishing like that... So I think what should have happened is a warning that their actions are not covered as "OC" but crossing over into the illegal territory.

Banishing an otherwise legal and good practice is a terrible decision... But no surprise that that's the first response.

Last edited by PMB on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Because he's the Senate head. Similar roll of vice president to the US Senate. He can't block carry, but he can take action to.maintain decorum and keep things orderly.

So how about the GOP Senate leaders who actually RUN the Senate?

Quote:
2014 Washington State
Senate Leadership
Lieutenant Governor Brad Owen, President of the Senate - 786-7700
Senator Pam Roach, President Pro Tempore - 786-7660
Senator Sharon Brown, Vice President Pro Tempore - 786-7614
Hunter G. Goodman, Secretary of the Senate - 786-7550
Pablo G. (Paul) Campos, Deputy Secretary of the Senate - 786-7501

SENATE CAUCUS OFFICERS

MAJORITY COALITION CAUCUS

Republican Leader Mark Schoesler - 786-7620
Majority Caucus Chair Linda Evans Parlette - 786-7622
Majority Floor Leader Joe Fain - 786-7692
Majority Whip Ann Rivers - 786-7634
Majority Caucus Deputy Leader John Braun - 786-7638
Majority Caucus Vice Chair Jan Angel - 786-7650
Majority Assistant Floor Leader Jim Honeyford - 786-7684
Majority Assistant Whip Mark Miloscia - 786-7658

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably the best compromise he could get without passing law or running the risk of legal action.

And see the words "President of the Senate"? He's the one in charge of breaking ties, ensuring rules are followed, convening and closing the Senate, etc... he is in charge of non legislative functions. If the magic elephants want to vote to overturn this they can.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was looked upon as a form of demonstration. He was within his powers to maintain decorum on the floor. Brad isn't a bad guy. I don't place any blame on him for his actions.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dogfish wrote:
It was looked upon as a form of demonstration. He was within his powers to maintain decorum on the floor. Brad isn't a bad guy. I don't place any blame on him for his actions.

He is a bad guy if he doesn't see a difference between brandishing which is a .270 violation and regular OC which is a carry choice and has nothing to do with protesting or making a political statement.

Quote:

Quote:

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm. If posters and sign boards and like items are prohibited as a way to maintain decorum--and if this is diligently enforced--then I can see that similar restrictions on OC firearms might have some modicum of logic behind them. Not saying I necessarily agree, I can just see how someone might come to the conclusion that both actions fall under the same definition of demonstration. Are t-shirts with slogans allowed? Just wondering how far they take the "no demonstrating" thing.

I would have far preferred a rule change that simply said all firearms must remain holstered or slung while in the gallery or chambers. This doesn't create an infringement that I can think of (you don't need to have asked permission to carry via the CPL process) and it also maintains the orderliness of the legislative area.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:17 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mislabeled wrote:
I would have far preferred a rule change that simply said all firearms must remain holstered or slung while in the gallery or chambers. This doesn't create an infringement that I can think of (you don't need to have asked permission to carry via the CPL process) and it also maintains the orderliness of the legislative area.

Perfect.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good suggestion. Unfortunately others forced this decision.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Who was the mad max bone head that was walking around with the trench coat ,drop leg and the AR pistol with his finger over the trigger guard?
Must have been a 594 supporter cause he didn't do the gun rights any good.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next