Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 firearms on a boat 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

where would I find the laws about my pistol on my boat ? It would be Puget Sound not open ocean.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There really are none. Just keep it as you normally would, I've never had problems when I had a boat, and I've been inpsected by Coasties and local cops both when carrying.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you....no wonder I could find nothing LOL

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:56 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The bigger issue seems to be how many firearms are reported as lost 'somewhere in Puget Sound' . . . .

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes... Only an issue if you take them into international waters... Well not necessarily taking them out so much as bringing them back in. Cg doesn't give too much of a rats ass unless your up to other illegal activity. And remeber, cg is a maritime law enforcement agency so yea if you get asked if you have firearms act as if it was any other cop.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
Yes... Only an issue if you take them into international waters... Well not necessarily taking them out so much as bringing them back in. Cg doesn't give too much of a rats ass unless your up to other illegal activity. And remeber, cg is a maritime law enforcement agency so yea if you get asked if you have firearms act as if it was any other cop.

Don't worry about puddle jumpers finding your guns... they couldn't find water if they fell out of a boat. :bigsmile:

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Firearms on a boat? That's how I lost all of mine.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

What do you mean?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
usrifle wrote:

What do you mean?

It "MIGHT" be a running internet joke....but I'm not sure because I lost all my firearms too in a tragic boating accident. :peep:

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
Yes... Only an issue if you take them into international waters... Well not necessarily taking them out so much as bringing them back in.

Why would the CG give a "rats ass" if you are returning from International Waters as long as you haven't landed in any foreign countries? You left US waters, traveled around international waters, and are returning without having "picked up" anything along the way except perhaps some sea-sickness, diarrhea, or sunburn. :bigsmile:

It's the "other country" that usually gets a "knotted jock" when you show up with firearms and don't have the proper "papers".

If you're planning on visiting any Canadian port, just stick with a good stainless steel Mossberg shotgun. More than adequate to defend your boat at sea, dispatch a huge halibut if you do catch one, and the Canadians don't get a bad case of "loose stool" over shotguns like they do over pistols.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't remember what law it was, we covered it in one of the classes. I know we added a charge to a guy who was going out and muleing illegals from Cuba, had a pistol and shotgun onboard his "fishing" boat.

I know we let it slide on guys off the Oregon coast on atleast a couple boarding we did. They didn't have any illegals in their boat though.... Just sayin.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't ever remember it being an issue on any boarding.

Did have a guy once who was like "dude I have a gun.... Dude I have a gun.... Dude I have a gun... Dude I have a gun..."

We just told him to just stop taking then proceeded to cite him for a bunch of stuff, gun not included.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WAGunRights wrote:

Did have a guy once who was like "dude I have a gun.... Dude I have a gun.... Dude I have a gun... Dude I have a gun..."

We just told him to just stop taking then proceeded to cite him for a bunch of stuff, gun not included.

State or international?

Like I said I know the Florida guy got popped on something firearm with his charges. I'm pretty sure I had something to do with bringing a firearm into the country in the process off committing a felony(I talked to one of the guys I was stationed with this morning while on Facebook, that's what he came up with), we could be totally off on the charge but we both remember him getting a firearms charge.

And multiple boardings on the Columbia river where people had guns, most people told us as soon as we stepped on the boat, a few after we asked. Never had any issues with firearms on inland waters, just booze and safety issues(lack of life vests is the majority of that one)

Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
WAGunRights wrote:

State or international?

Like I said I know the Florida guy got popped on something firearm with his charges. I'm pretty sure I had something to do with bringing a firearm into the country in the process off committing a felony(I talked to one of the guys I was stationed with this morning while on Facebook, that's what he came up with), we could be totally off on the charge but we both remember him getting a firearms charge.

And multiple boardings on the Columbia river where people had guns, most people told us as soon as we stepped on the boat, a few after we asked. Never had any issues with firearms on inland waters, just booze and safety issues(lack of life vests is the majority of that one)

Cost guard so federal. Did a lot of boardings in Alaska and off the coast. But most of my MLE was done central and south America. With those guys we definitely cared about firearms...

Was never really an issue stateside... Hell one F/V in Alaska had a cool shotgun... He took it down and showed it to us... We played show and tell with what we had and he had and went on our way.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alaska is a whole nother animal

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next