Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 HB 1433 (2015) - Regarding K-12 Carry! 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This one needs some attention. As a parent of 2 kids who are in K-12 (Kindergarten through 12th grade), it is a royal PAIN IN THE ASS, to take off my gun and leave it in the car if I have to go into the school to pick up my kid (nurses office, picking him up early etc). Last week we had a science fair at one of the kids' school.. Yup, left the pistol in the car.

HB 1433 looks to remove the "only while picking up your kid"; Any CPL holder can be on school property for any business. It also looks to remove the section that prohibits us (CPL holders) from entering school buildings with our firearm.

This needs to pass!
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary. ... &year=2015

Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel like leaving a gun unattended in a vehicle outside the school would be more of a liability than on the person with the CPL inside the school. Seems like when a school shooting occurs it is usually a 16 y.o. mentally defective emo kid and not a lawful CPL holder.

Divided we fall.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
I feel like leaving a gun unattended in a vehicle outside the school would be more of a liability than on the person with the CPL inside the school. Seems like when a school shooting occurs it is usually a 16 y.o. mentally defective emo kid and not a lawful CPL holder.

more importantly, if someone intends to shoot kids at a school the law against murder is no deterrent, what do they think gun free zone rule will stop?

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Here's yer sign - use where not prohibited.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

“When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Support sent. Please follow the link and send a simple support message to your rep.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a response from Rep Drew MacEwen just now. Here is his response.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your support for House Bill 1433. I greatly appreciate your comment and thoughts as they assist me with making a well informed decision. Unfortunately HB 1433 has not been scheduled for a public hearing and at this point in the legislative process it most likely will not receive a date for hearing. In the event it does, I most certainly will be in support.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and express your support. Please feel free to contact my office anytime.

Kindest regards,

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I got the same email.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I support this bill, but am now cringing at the thought of some dumb ass who decides that means he can "demonstrate his rights" by walking around in a school waving a gun around or holding it up in the air.

I hate going to school events and realizing except that maybe for parents who are cops, the entire crowd is a soft target.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:57 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

ANZAC wrote:
I support this bill, but am now cringing at the thought of some dumb ass who decides that means he can "demonstrate his rights" by walking around in a school waving a gun around or holding it up in the air.

I hate going to school events and realizing except that maybe for parents who are cops, the entire crowd is a soft target.

I would be okay with a clarification for people only having legitimate business on the property.. i.e child at that school, school event etc.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

I would be okay with a clarification for people only having legitimate business on the property.. i.e child at that school, school event etc.

No matter what the law says, in the current climate it seems likely we can expect some unwanted behavior.

Personally, I think the right solution to avoid unplanned "excitement" is to require that carry on school grounds be concealed only.
That way the antis can never complain or call 911, and the "rights demonstrators" can't turn it into a circus.

Like you, I just don't want to have to take my CC gun off.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

registered support. I wonder how this may impact community colleges, UW, etc under the WAC, assuming it passes.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

joao01 wrote:
registered support. I wonder how this may impact community colleges, UW, etc under the WAC, assuming it passes.

Wouldn't impact them at all... K-12 is Kindergarten through 12th grade.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
joao01 wrote:

Wouldn't impact them at all... K-12 is Kindergarten through 12th grade.

Yes, I know what K-12 is, but I wonder if we roll back some of the "safe schools" stuff if some of the others may follow.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:45 am

joao01 colleges don't count. In Washington even if there is a WAC under that college you cannot be prosecuted.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next