Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Does it have to be posted? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
I've never seen any place shrink wrap a growler lid. If I remember correctly, the LCB allows patrons to take home partially-opened wine bottles (ones they didn't completely consume with their meal), so there must be some mechanism for that sort of "open container" to be legally transported. Now, if you're pulled over and the wine bottle is in your hand, you're probably screwed. :wink05:

"What, this? This is my Driving Wine, officer. If I don't have it, I swerve all over the place! Hey, what's with the handcuffs?"

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No sign, not my problem.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Homemade no under 21 sign? Still not my problem.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I believe "tasting rooms" have different rules than bars and taverns, but not sure on what those rules are.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A kid can't go into a liquor store alone, but can with a parent that is getting something. So if you can bring your kid in with you it should be safe to carry anyway you want. The no-go applies to places where kids can't go in at all. A lot of these places are run by misguided people that are ignorant, or are just trying to push their agendas/beliefs onto others.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
I've never seen any place shrink wrap a growler lid. If I remember correctly, the LCB allows patrons to take home partially-opened wine bottles (ones they didn't completely consume with their meal), so there must be some mechanism for that sort of "open container" to be legally transported. Now, if you're pulled over and the wine bottle is in your hand, you're probably screwed. :

(3) below covers the situations under which you can have an open container in the vehicle.

RCW 46.61.519
Alcoholic beverages — Drinking or open container in vehicle on highway — Exceptions.

(1) It is a traffic infraction to drink any alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle when the vehicle is upon a highway.

(2) It is a traffic infraction for a person to have in his or her possession while in a motor vehicle upon a highway, a bottle, can, or other receptacle containing an alcoholic beverage if the container has been opened or a seal broken or the contents partially removed.

(3) It is a traffic infraction for the registered owner of a motor vehicle, or the driver if the registered owner is not then present in the vehicle, to keep in a motor vehicle when the vehicle is upon a highway, a bottle, can, or other receptacle containing an alcoholic beverage which has been opened or a seal broken or the contents partially removed, unless the container is kept in the trunk of the vehicle or in some other area of the vehicle not normally occupied by the driver or passengers if the vehicle does not have a trunk. A utility compartment or glove compartment is deemed to be within the area occupied by the driver and passengers.

(4) This section does not apply to a public conveyance that has been commercially chartered for group use or to the living quarters of a motor home or camper or, except as otherwise provided by RCW 66.44.250 or local law, to any passenger for compensation in a for-hire vehicle licensed under city, county, or state law, or to a privately owned vehicle operated by a person possessing a valid operator's license endorsed for the appropriate classification under chapter 46.25 RCW in the course of his or her usual employment transporting passengers at the employer's direction: PROVIDED, That nothing in this subsection shall be construed to authorize possession or consumption of an alcoholic beverage by the operator of any vehicle while upon a highway.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FZRider wrote:
<snip>

unless the container is kept in the trunk of the vehicle or in some other area of the vehicle not normally occupied by the driver or passengers if the vehicle does not have a trunk. A utility compartment or glove compartment is deemed to be within the area occupied by the driver and passengers.

<snip>

I'm aware of the regs. It kind of screws people driving trucks, though, where there isn't always a place in the cab that couldn't be occupied by passengers. Meh, we've wedged a growler on the floor under the backseat before and there's always a possibility we'll do it again. If that's the rig we're driving then that's how it will have to get home. In fact, none of our vehicles have a trunk. We don't drink and drive, so I'm not terribly concerned about it. I'll have to rely on the LEO's common sense to see that any growler inside the vehicle is still full and hasn't been accessed. And yes, I'm confident most of them possess a great deal of common sense.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm looking for my letter from the Liquor Control Board on liquor businesses. From what I remember, unless they are serving alcohol, those under 21 and your firearm are allowed. However, that was under the old state run businesses. Bevmo and others are private businesses and can set their own rules.

found the email:

Hello Mr. Starks,
My name is Earl Hill and I’m a District Manager for the Liquor Control Board covering the Tacoma area.
I’m responding to your concern regarding a recent shopping experience at our retail store # 122 at 72nd and Pacific Avenue in Tacoma. I have reviewed the incident as described and it appears that while you were shopping, a customer initially noticed your firearm and commented that you were not allowed to have one in the store. Our store employees overheard this and supported that you were not allowed to carry while the store. Upon reviewing the signs posted in the store; I have determined that the signs were meant to be advisory for our staff and not for our retail customers. Our store employees were misinformed about the intent of the sign and I have authorized their removal.
Let me apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We value customer feedback and I appreciate you letting me know about this incident. Let me know if you wish to discuss further by calling or emailing me at your convenience.

Thank you

Earl Hill, District Manager Office: 253/471-5338 Cell: 253/370-2250
Roberson Bldg Ste 208 Fax: 360/704-5021 EH@LIQ.WA.GOV
6240 Tacoma Mall Blvd
Tacoma WA 98409-6819

Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bill Starks wrote:
I'm looking for my letter from the Liquor Control Board on liquor businesses. From what I remember, unless they are serving alcohol, those under 21 and your firearm are allowed. However, that was under the old state run businesses. Bevmo and others are private businesses and can set their own rules.

found the email:

Hello Mr. Starks,
My name is Earl Hill and I’m a District Manager for the Liquor Control Board covering the Tacoma area.
I’m responding to your concern regarding a recent shopping experience at our retail store # 122 at 72nd and Pacific Avenue in Tacoma. I have reviewed the incident as described and it appears that while you were shopping, a customer initially noticed your firearm and commented that you were not allowed to have one in the store. Our store employees overheard this and supported that you were not allowed to carry while the store. Upon reviewing the signs posted in the store; I have determined that the signs were meant to be advisory for our staff and not for our retail customers. Our store employees were misinformed about the intent of the sign and I have authorized their removal.
Let me apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We value customer feedback and I appreciate you letting me know about this incident. Let me know if you wish to discuss further by calling or emailing me at your convenience.

Thank you

Earl Hill, District Manager Office: 253/471-5338 Cell: 253/370-2250
Roberson Bldg Ste 208 Fax: 360/704-5021 EH@LIQ.WA.GOV
6240 Tacoma Mall Blvd
Tacoma WA 98409-6819

They were serving Alcohol. But no signs were posted prohibiting firearms or under 21.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2