Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:02 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 When is the 1st 594 procecution going to happen??? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old wanderer wrote:
cruffler wrote:
The Ithaca Auto & Burglar seems like an interesting weapon.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... -16-gauge/

Yes that top picture is pretty much exactly what my pistol looked like. I did not have the original holster, but a leather custom made one.

I have often wondered if his orders to destroy it were really carried out??? :frust:

Oh well, at least I still have my COP, and carry it once in a while.

What is a COP?
Was it registered since it is a NFA item?
"While it is sometimes incorrectly identified as a "sawed-off shotgun," the Ithaca Auto & Burglar Gun is a smooth bore pistol which since 1934 has been classified as an "Any Other Weapon" (AOW)[3] under the NFA, and it must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Auto & Burglar Guns that are not currently registered are contraband, and cannot be legally possessed or registered. The penalties for illegal possession include up to a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison."

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Check my Math...

CPL + CPL = BGC

Divide by 594, and you get "Fuck Off"

Now I'm not real good with Algebra, but I think that's a correct answer.

:yes:

Only if you have the ability to verify it is in fact: A. genuinely issued by a Gov't Agency & B. currently valid/not revoked.
Making and modifying things with a graphics program isn't especially complicated.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
old wanderer wrote:
cruffler wrote:
The Ithaca Auto & Burglar seems like an interesting weapon.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... -16-gauge/

Yes that top picture is pretty much exactly what my pistol looked like. I did not have the original holster, but a leather custom made one.

I have often wondered if his orders to destroy it were really carried out??? :frust:

Oh well, at least I still have my COP, and carry it once in a while.

What is a COP?
Was it registered since it is a NFA item?
"While it is sometimes incorrectly identified as a "sawed-off shotgun," the Ithaca Auto & Burglar Gun is a smooth bore pistol which since 1934 has been classified as an "Any Other Weapon" (AOW)[3] under the NFA, and it must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Auto & Burglar Guns that are not currently registered are contraband, and cannot be legally possessed or registered. The penalties for illegal possession include up to a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison."

COP was a 4 shot .357 derringer

Some of the Ithaca A&B's were removed from the NFA due to their rarity and can be purchased without a tax stamp on a C&R license.

Edited to fix my typo.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought this the year they came out. Know of a few more, that people hate because they tried to lighten the trigger and they became unreliable.

Fits perfect in my back pocket in place of wallet.

Ugly to shoot with 357 loads, I use some 185 gr HP lead loads.

Wed May 06, 2015 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone want to start a pool on when the 1st 594 prosecution of an actual criminal will happen? I've got $5 on "Never".

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Wed May 06, 2015 9:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CurtisLemansky wrote:
Anyone want to start a pool on when the 1st 594 prosecution of an actual criminal will happen? I've got $5 on "Never".

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

As others have said............they eventually will tack it on to some other list of criminal charges to an actual criminal who actually stole his guns.......................wait that doesn't make any sense.............. :timeout:

As others have said............they eventually will tack it on to some other list of criminal charges to an actual criminal who actually got his guns from some other criminal for illicit cash who stole the guns.......................

They won't prosecute any criminals until they have more money to reward police departments for enforcing the law. (stew on that bastiges)

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu May 07, 2015 2:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3