Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Bellevue College carry? 

I went to a car meet at BCC yesterday and on the way in on the side of the road they had signs saying that weapons and firearms are prohibited because it is federal property and that law enforcement was on site.

So a few things here..
1) is that really federal property? I thought it was state.
2) even if it is federal property doesn't the law only prevent carrying inside the buildings? So as long as you're outside it'd be fine. Just like going to Yellowstone or whatever.
3) doesn't the gun free zone crap only apply to k-12?

Not that this would be the first time someone used signs to trick people into not exercising their rights.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Concealed means concealed.
:bringit: :secretshake:

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go to the Admin office and ask them when the property was bought by the Feds.
Don't mention guns.

My guess is that it is NOT fed property, that they will say something like "We get federal funding so it counts as federal property."

Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mr. Q wrote:
Concealed means concealed.
:bringit: :secretshake:

Yup! :plusone:

I go lots of places concealed.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was at BCC on the weekend and didn't see any signs. Pics or they aren't there.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:30 pm

ANZAC wrote:
I was at BCC on the weekend and didn't see any signs. Pics or they aren't there.

It was one of those folding sandwich board signs on the ground right where the guys directing traffic were standing for the VW meet. I should have got a picture of it but failed to. :(

Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B.Random wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

It was one of those folding sandwich board signs on the ground right where the guys directing traffic were standing for the VW meet. I should have got a picture of it but failed to. :(

The number of sandwich boards over the weekend was variable. Saturday there were a ton but by Sunday night only one was left.

I just ignored all of them. I didn't see anything at the building entrances (not that I was looking closely).

Here is their policy:

http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/id-6420/

So, concealed means concealed.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:04 am

If it was federal property there would be a vehicle access point and the building would have metal detectors, colleges may have their own rules but the RCW says otherwise, yes I know colleges fall under the WAC, but you cannot be prosecuted for it.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
It shall be the policy of the college that carrying, exhibiting, displaying, or drawing any firearm, dagger, sword, knife, or any other cutting or stabbing instrument or club or incendiary device, or explosive, or any facsimile weapons, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm and/or property damage, is prohibited on college property;

Hang on...so, no scalpels, pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, pens, or pencils allowed on campus? That's just stupid!

I wonder how they open packages, dissect frogs, take notes, or take tests there.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:49 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

edogg wrote:
Quote:
It shall be the policy of the college that carrying, exhibiting, displaying, or drawing any firearm, dagger, sword, knife, or any other cutting or stabbing instrument or club or incendiary device, or explosive, or any facsimile weapons, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm and/or property damage, is prohibited on college property;

Hang on...so, no scalpels, pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, pens, or pencils allowed on campus? That's just stupid!

I wonder how they open packages, dissect frogs, take notes, or take tests there.

Lasers

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:23 am
Profile WWW

dreadi wrote:
edogg wrote:
Quote:

Lasers

Nope! "or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm and/or property damage"

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]