Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 When is the 1st 594 procecution going to happen??? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have petty much kept away from this part of the board, because letting a simple majority of stupid parodied brain-washed "people" infringe on my 2nd amendment rights, just pisses me off.

I spent an hour this evening reading through multiple post where members are being super critical when another member takes a position of non-compliance or avoidance. Why not encourage the member to do as his conscience dictates? Or did we have a bunch of pro-594 people join the board to make post like this?

What happens when there is wide spread revolt against and rule, regulation, or law. Look at history. (Just look at Hillary and the law....great example for what might be our next president). Look at many illegal protest here in Seattle.

Who wants to enforce 594? It is not like you were speeding, or flashing little girls in public, so it will not be an officer of the law observers a violation and arrest you on a 594 violation. Gun transfers are private in nature. It will take an investigation, and then a District Attorney will need to actually file a charge in court.

Until this process starts. we will not resolve the true question.....

I truly understand why nobody want to throw them selves on the grenade. Once you are under a felony indictment should you have more than 1 gun (but I know most of us do not... :facepalm2: ) they will be removed from your possession until you are cleared of charges, or convicted...(Ugggg :diggin: ) Even then sometimes things are just not fare....I loaned a Ithaca "Auto and Bugler" gun (This is a S/S 20 ga pistol) to a friend of mine at the range, he was supposed to bring it back to me. He got stopped for a DUI the next day, and the gun was seized. I went to court to get it back, the judge decided that the gun was evil, and declared a public nuisance and had it destroyed. The is no appeal from this kind of an order.)

But is a dirty job and somebody has to do it.

I know I would donate funds for a defense

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the general view is "Don't discuss illegal activity, no matter how fucked up the law is."

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
I think the general view is "Don't discuss illegal activity, no matter how fucked up the law is."

the board frowns upon any illegal activity, no matter how stupid the law is... so if you talk about doing something illegal, you will be talked down...

that does not mean the board polices people on what they actually do...

what you do in the privacy of your home is your business... what you say on the internet is the forum's business... the 2 do not have to always match...

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

XDM9cWA wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

the board frowns upon any illegal activity, no matter how stupid the law is... so if you talk about doing something illegal, you will be talked down...

that does not mean the board polices people on what they actually do...

what you do in the privacy of your home is your business... what you say on the internet is the forum's business... the 2 do not have to always match...

:cheers2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Ithaca Auto & Burglar seems like an interesting weapon.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... -16-gauge/

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think XDM9cWA summed it up very well!

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The first prosecution will probably happen after a "Mass Shooting" or when a Prosecutor is looking to load up on charges for someone arrested on another charge.

Does anyone actually believe there will be "stings" or "Task Forces" formed to ferret out transfers between ordinary citizens that don't use FFL's?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cruffler wrote:
The Ithaca Auto & Burglar seems like an interesting weapon.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... -16-gauge/

Yes that top picture is pretty much exactly what my pistol looked like. I did not have the original holster, but a leather custom made one.

I have often wondered if his orders to destroy it were really carried out??? :frust:

Oh well, at least I still have my COP, and carry it once in a while.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BLAM BLAM!!!

What was that?

A burglar.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
The first prosecution will probably happen after a "Mass Shooting" or when a Prosecutor is looking to load up on charges for someone arrested on another charge.

Does anyone actually believe there will be "stings" or "Task Forces" formed to ferret out transfers between ordinary citizens that don't use FFL's?

Yes. I do.
All the time, no.
A few years back the state got sick of people not paying use tax on Craigslist sales...so they setup a bunch of stings. Troopers bought goods and then they checked to see if people actually paid the tax...those that didn't pay got a letter in the mail saying that they owed the tax plus penalty.
I am not sure how the cases all turned out. And...maybe it's just urban legend. But the penalty here is a Gross Misc. for the first hit, and a Felony for hit #2.
Am I willing to risk my Gun Rights for not doing a $20 background check?

I can categorically say, "In an effort to protect my Constitutional Right to Keep and bear arms, I will not buy or sell any privately transacted firearms after the date of Dec 4, 2014. Effective 11/08/2014, All privately transacted firearms I have dealings with will require a Bill of Sale with the date of the transaction clearly printed at the top of the page, and well as dated signatures."
thumbsup

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My guess is to WHERE the first prosecution will be: Seattle.

When? Who knows. Most likely if a gun is used in a homicide, and it was bought privately without a background check and they can prove when it happened, they'll charge the seller. And of course +/- stings, also I bet, in Seattle.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haha, don't hold your breath. Meanwhile, more guns are being stolen as we speak.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CurtisLemansky wrote:
Haha, don't hold your breath. Meanwhile, more guns are being stolen as we speak.

The only outcome of 594.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CurtisLemansky wrote:

True that. It will be interesting to see the gun theft stats from before and after 594. Any bets as to how that goes? Anzac will be able to look them up for us.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
CurtisLemansky wrote:

True that. It will be interesting to see the gun theft stats from before and after 594. Any bets as to how that goes? Anzac will be able to look them up for us.

I already said I expected gun thefts to go up post 594.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next