Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 No 594 prosecutions... 

ANZAC wrote:
CurtisLemansky wrote:
So you're telling us all this bullshit was for nothing, right?

So... there seem to be quite a few sellers complying. Hopefully that makes it harder for bad guys to get a gun. We all know it won't make it impossible.

Also highlighting another area where the initiative wasn't completely thought out, and perhaps explaining why exemplar prosecutions are in short supply for the SAF court case.

The trespassing discussion got me thinking about this. I didn't know about Washington's "misdemeanor presence" law until a deputy told me about it.

At least you can sleep well knowing full well you did everything to support this disaster.

Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:35 pm

ANZAC wrote:
CurtisLemansky wrote:
So really this bullshit was all for nothing because the law will not be enforced... not once... unless someone is committing worse crimes warranting the PD resources and thus doing stuff that was already illegal.

I think I ventured that opinion once before. Which is why amending RCW 9.41.080 would have been a better solution.

Doesn't make much of difference now does it. :thumbsdown:

Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well people are (mostly) complying. It was pretty obvious the police are not going to try and supervise every single transaction. They simplest thing to do is work backwards from a more serious crime and look at how the gun was acquired.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Well people are (mostly) complying. It was pretty obvious the police are not going to try and supervise every single transaction. They simplest thing to do is work backwards from a more serious crime and look at how the gun was acquired.

So how is that "preventing crime" or "saving lives"? 594 is quite clearly is doing neither and that "was pretty obvious," as you put it.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:

They are? Where is the data that supports that statement?

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

594 - Meh.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Lots of forum posts here looking for FFLs to conduct trades and private transfers.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
mislabeled wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Lots of forum posts here looking for FFLs to conduct trades and private transfers.

OK, well, math not being my greatest strength help me out here...
To get a meaningful statistic out of that swill would it be:

"Lots of forum posts" divided by "Unknown number of guns changing hands"

or,

"Unknown number of guns changing hands" divided by "Lots of forum posts"

Either way your post lacks a position defensible by actual facts.
But that's not a new position, is it?

Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
mislabeled wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

I see. Well, if we look over at our old friend Facebook and the seemingly bottomless bucket of asshat felons posting pictures of themselves with firearms, I think we can quite handily refute your non-data with same.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:

OMG. LOL.

Sooo - gun crime will be solved, felons caught, and gun origins traced - exactly the way they were done - before 594.

Shocking news, just shocking.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

OMG. LOL.

Sooo - gun crime will be solved, felons caught, and gun origins traced - exactly the way they were done - before 594.

Right...and as usual - there's no reply to direct questions about how 594 is "saving lives" or "reducing crime" as the campaign claimed.

And if all we're doing is citing anecdotal evidence, I've seen a lot of reports of guns being stolen in the last 8 months. Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:42 am

Benja455 wrote:
RENCORP wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

OMG. LOL.

Right...and as usual - there's no reply to direct questions about how 594 is "saving lives" or "reducing crime" as the campaign claimed.

And if all we're doing it citing anecdotal evidence, I've seen a lot of reports of guns being stolen in the last 8 months. Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Ahhhh, so there it is.....Compliance. Pass off a few lines of pure shit, and people have to comply. For what ? Because of your shitshow that your buddies Allen and Hannauer paid for ? And now you say we should amend RCW, after the fact that your lies aren't working.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ccontrol wrote:
"Unknown number of guns changing hands" divided by "Lots of forum posts"

Either way your post lacks a position defensible by actual facts.
But that's not a new position, is it?

It is a sample.

Do you think people on this forum are complying with the new law (mostly) or mostly not?

(edit) it would be interesting to know the number or % of private transactions FFLs are doing across the state. It wouldn't measure non-compliance, but it would still be interesting to know.

Last edited by ANZAC on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:

No, the difference is the seller can now be prosecuted if they fail to ensure the buyer got a background check, even if they unknowingly sold to a prohibited person.

Last edited by ANZAC on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

waglocker wrote:
And now you say we should amend RCW, after the fact that your lies aren't working.

I suggested it before 594 passed as a simpler solution.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next