Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Live in Seattle? Oppose Seattle's Gun Tax! 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I've made this page because it does not have any association with the store, and thus can be promoted.

https://www.facebook.com/NoGunTax

Please call/email the council members - the contact information is on the page!

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

this is gonna be legendary........

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PAPISJEEP wrote:
this is gonna be legendary........

No, it isn't. Stay serious and on topic. Be part of the solution here, please.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really? The owner of the Precise shooter "CHOSE NOT TO GO ON CAMERA TO DEFEND HIS RIGHTS" has STARTED THIS THREAD and is trying to imply it can't be promoted? I'm forwarding this to the Seattle Times!

solyanik wrote:
I've made this page because it does not have any association with the store, and thus can be promoted.

https://www.facebook.com/NoGunTax

Please call/email the council members - the contact information is on the page!

Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gary, he says it CAN be promoted. Not CAN'T.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Welcome to the divergence of ethics gentlemen.

Viewpoint 1- I believe that opposing a gun tax is right because it utilizes a loophole to place an undue hardship on gun owners/firearms enthusiasts by singling out a minority group and taxing them unfairly to promote the anti-gun agenda

Viewpoint 2- I believe that opposing a gun tax is right because the progressive liberals I support are going to shut down my new gun store

Ethically I strongly support an effort to contain and quash this bullshit attempt at taxing firearms enthusiasts. But oh, what is that you say little devil on my shoulder? Someone stands to get what's coming to them? Huh.

Personal vendettas aside, I will fight this with the rest of you. But, not through viewpoint 2's facebook page aimed at bolstering his personal agenda. We'll fight this out in the open. And when we win, we'll win for us. Not for a gun store owner who could stand a taste of his own medicine.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:

Viewpoint 1- I believe that opposing a gun tax is right because it utilizes a loophole to place an undue hardship on gun owners/firearms enthusiasts by singling out a minority group and taxing them unfairly to promote the anti-gun agenda

Viewpoint 2- I believe that opposing a gun tax is right because the progressive liberals I support are going to shut down my new gun store

Ethically I strongly support an effort to contain and quash this bullshit attempt at taxing firearms enthusiasts. But oh, what is that you say little devil on my shoulder? Someone stands to get what's coming to them? Huh.

Personal vendettas aside, I will fight this with the rest of you. But, not through viewpoint 2's facebook page aimed at bolstering his personal agenda. We'll fight this out in the open. And when we win, we'll win for us. Not for a gun store owner who could stand a taste of his own medicine.

Amen Bro

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Frankly, the time and effort would be better spent prepping your State preemption lawsuit against the city.

This will pass the Seattle city council.
They have already said that they believe that the state preemption does not apply so the moved forward on it.
This tells me they just need to go through the steps before they actually vote.
And it is THEY, the Seattle super left council who will be voting. The is like a snow balls chance in hell that they say no to, 1) a tax on a group they hate, 2) on guns too.....its a two-ffer!

Better to direct your energy to hooking up with SAF and being prepared to file the preemption lawsuit 2 sec after they pass this BS thing.

Also, if I'm not mistaken...the 25/.05 wording has surfaced before...find that and I think we'll find a source of the problem.

The second part also needs to be shut down.
Thatakes it a civil infraction if your gun is lost or stolden and you don't report it within 24 hours after you discover it.
The issue is in the wording of the civil infraction....its up to 500, and the judge can determine if you owe restitution oor compensation to any parties effected.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Vote for liberals get liberal crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You realize the city and it's gun control supporters are now getting free publicity about the impact of state preemption. There is no way we come out looking good or preemption looks good. We're already in saber rattling mode saying it's unfair and it won't pass. While Seattle says they just want to tax a little bit more to cover what non-gun owners are already covering and to implement interventions to reduce repeat gun violence. They know all they need to do is poke us with a stick enough and someone will say something stupid.

I hate to see this happen, because it'll impact businesses. But it's also a really good set up for a preemption initiative in the near future.

Good luck to us all, we're gonna need it.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

H2obouget wrote:
Frankly, the time and effort would be better spent prepping your State preemption lawsuit against the city.

This will pass the Seattle city council.
They have already said that they believe that the state preemption does not apply so the moved forward on it.
This tells me they just need to go through the steps before they actually vote.
And it is THEY, the Seattle super left council who will be voting. The is like a snow balls chance in hell that they say no to, 1) a tax on a group they hate, 2) on guns too.....its a two-ffer!

Better to direct your energy to hooking up with SAF and being prepared to file the preemption lawsuit 2 sec after they pass this BS thing.

Also, if I'm not mistaken...the 25/.05 wording has surfaced before...find that and I think we'll find a source of the problem.

The second part also needs to be shut down.
Thatakes it a civil infraction if your gun is lost or stolden and you don't report it within 24 hours after you discover it.
The issue is in the wording of the civil infraction....its up to 500, and the judge can determine if you owe restitution oor compensation to any parties effected.

Winner!

DSynger wrote:
You realize the city and it's gun control supporters are now getting free publicity about the impact of state preemption. There is no way we come out looking good or preemption looks good. We're already in saber rattling mode saying it's unfair and it won't pass. While Seattle says they just want to tax a little bit more to cover what non-gun owners are already covering and to implement interventions to reduce repeat gun violence. They know all they need to do is poke us with a stick enough and someone will say something stupid.

I hate to see this happen, because it'll impact businesses. But it's also a really good set up for a preemption initiative in the near future.

Good luck to us all, we're gonna need it.

Yup, thought along the same lines yesterday. This is a perfect setup to show why, in their minds, preemption's bad... They can't do little things, you know, common sense things.. Get preemption repealed then BAM, welcome to Seattlfornia..

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:20 am
Profile WWW

It always amazes me how we (the silent majority) are 1) Silent on issues that matter; 2) The infighting is the greater issue at times; 3) Gun owners cannot seem to organize an event that shows we are made up of more than the camo/ Rambo fellas.

The lefties have no problem standing up and shouting for their "rights", yet we seem to fall short with a far bigger majority. You even see this in Congress. Are we too
gentlemanly? Too polite? Or are we too busy working and supporting our families?

Just a few points to ponder.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

102 likes? Not looking so good!

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 2nd amendment foundation is ready and waiting to bitch slap seattle again

Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:

Holy shit! Did you just say that? All that sense and I wonder what your IQ is? Couldn't have saidit better bud. Nice work.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next