Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Live in Seattle? Oppose Seattle's Gun Tax! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lot of proggies got up and spewed emotional nonsense about this being "common sense" and some openly stated they didn't care if it drove all the gun stores out of business.

Pete Holmes said the laws would be consistent with state law without going into any detail.

SAF will have to sue.

It was very sad, I watched Outdoor Emporium's President get up and say he supported the council's previous gun safety efforts. I wonder if he finally realizes how much he has been used and abused...

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Lot of proggies got up and spewed emotional nonsense about this being "common sense" and some openly stated they didn't care if it drove all the gun stores out of business.

Pete Holmes said the laws would be consistent with state law without going into any detail.

SAF will have to sue.

It was very sad, I watched Outdoor Emporium's President get up and say he supported the council's previous gun safety efforts. I wonder if he finally realizes how much he has been used and abused...

I listened to a little of it. When they started talking about alcohol abuse they lost me. The guy that says it i passes the legal smell test should be fired and have to pay all the legal fees if it gets take out in court. What a joke.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Chickens coming home to roost.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm watching the video right now. Wow...the public comment period was awesome and Burgess did nothing to support his case after ejecting a disruptive commentator and stating "Mr. Zimmerman...he knows the rules and I guess he likes to violate them."

Ummmm, like criminals who continue to obtain firearms even after 594?

The Grandmothers Against Gun Violence group was sad...my grandmother (my mother's mother) would have laughed all of them out of the room. Their continued abuse of the term epidemic would infuriate my mother (a public health nurse).

Phil Watson - begins at 11:22...he makes an outstanding point regarding excise taxes on newspaper ink being unconstitutional and then brings up state preemption. According to the research that Burgess keeps citing - 50% of those admitted to local hospitals for a gunshot wound had criminal records. He does a really great job summing up why this is a bad idea. I really like him.

The next speaker drills the City Council members on their future political aspirations and this will cause them to lose votes (outside of the city/county).

Brian - Hunting/Shooting manager at Outdoor Emporium states that guns & ammo are a major revenue stream for the company and if the executive management of OE decides to close their operations in Seattle, the city will lose $1 million in tax revenue.

Oh, good grief (21:40)...here comes Stumbo and Sandy Brown... :facepalm2:

Come on, Stumbo...how do you consider a $25 per gun tax and 5 cent per round tax "small" or "reasonable"? If I tried to pass proportionally equivalent taxes on something you cared about, you'd be furious...ranting about regressive taxes. :gibbs:

Sandy Brown - I want to slap you. There were already background checks on gun purchases in WA before 594 and 594 did way more than that...don't obfuscate the situation. Oh, the level of gun violence in America is "too much?"...sorry, that's not a objective metric. Come back when you've got big boy numbers. :shush:

Here comes Soly (26:21)!

Ohhhhhh, snap...he comes in swinging - "fake data!" Nice! Apparently Soly & Burgess spoke on the phone yesterday. I can only imagine how overwhelmed Burgess was by Soly's calculations. :ROFLMAO:

And here's another comfortably middle class white woman (of childbearing age) who supports the measure...again, this is why I keep reminding all of you - we need to get women into the shooting sports. Every sexist/homophobic/racist joke you make only further entrenches the stereotype of our community as a bunch of clueless rednecks and distances us from this critical female demographic. :frust:

Marilyn Perry - a customer of Soly - knocks it out of the park with her comments regarding 22LR and online ammo sales. Her summary regarding state preemption and the reality of a lawsuit was killer.

37:00....another comfortably middle class white woman (of childbearing age) who supports the measure. She complains about living in fear...oh, lordy...go spend a weekend in a real major city like NYC, Baltimore, Philly, Chicago or LA...you'll know fear. Seattle is Disney Land - a fantasy world...the crime rate is so low. If you have a problem, go to Bellevue...move to a gated community.

Mike, the President of Outdoor Emporium doesn't do a very good job - too much history of OE and the relationship between the company and the city of Seattle - and says he's in support of the stolen/lost gun reporting law - which is still in violation of state preemption. Not impressed.

The Council meeting actually gets started at 42:30...here come the duly elected court jesters...

43:50 - oh, cool...the sale to governmental agencies is exempted from the tax. Idiots...gun tax for thee, but not for me.

Confirmed again - January 1, 2016 is when it would become law if passed.

Pete Holmes - this is "common sense"...? I'm glad you're still supporting 594 and how did that pass scrutiny? The case was simply thrown out because no one has been charged yet. You're just as bad as Sandy Brown...you're obfuscate the situation while overstating the dubious legal standing of 594 along with this ridiculous gun/ammo tax. You're a gun owner and you're not upset about these laws?...

:lies:

I love how all of the anti-gun groups spoke earlier in the meeting about how much crime and gun violence there is...and then the Doctor from Harborview says the number of gunshot victims is small.

Next meeting is August 5th to discus the tax revenue implications of the measure.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My experience has always shown me, the more you say a word or phrase the less it usually applies to the situation.

The Seattle City Council is entertaining, but very sad...

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Fake data?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The way some of these women speakers sounded, I'm amazed they can actually leave the house let alone get out of bed. :runforthehills:

Nice job Soly!

oh and the second speaker of the morning... :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They should all take up knitting. Solve a lot of problems with a good hobby.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Benja455 wrote:
I'm watching the video right now....

Awesome summary. Thank you! :bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So when the tax passes and all gun shops in seattle close, there will be no gun crime in seattle, right?

Note, when anyone uses the words "common sense" you are about to get screwed.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They will spend more on legal fees defending it than they will raise in tax revenue!

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
They will spend more on legal fees defending it than they will raise in tax revenue!

It makes sense to you, me, and many others.

It doesn't have to make sense to...... them.

I learned this first hand dealing with a liberal bleeding heart democrat, that laid down "Her Law" because it felt good. It took 6 months to undo that bitch.

Good luck, those that live in Seattle, and want guns. Get active in politics, or get used to giving servitude.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:58 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

ANZAC wrote:
Here is an email I sent to the Seattle city council:

Good morning,

I buy goods at firearm dealers in Seattle. I oppose the proposed ordinance for several reasons:

1) there is no association between firearm or ammunition sales.....

2) the tax is disproportionate to the cost of the items.....

3) the tax will put Seattle firearms dealers out of business....

Respectfully,

594 supporter

FIFY, really loses some steam when the source of the letter is revealed

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sinus211 wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Good morning,

I buy goods at firearm dealers in Seattle. I oppose the proposed ordinance for several reasons:

Respectfully,

594 supporter

Really? Was that helpful in some way?

Maybe we can try sticking together here . . . ANZAC sent a good email. Did you?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:05 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Good morning,

Respectfully,

594 supporter

Really? Was that helpful in some way?

Maybe we can try sticking together here . . . ANZAC sent a good email. Did you?

Nope, and no. I donated to saf, attended no on 594 rallies and educated everyone I could on why 594 was a terrible initiative. I didn't email about this though.

But, I don't pick and choose which of our gun rights I choose to support. I support all of them, because we don't need to pick our battles. We need to fight them all. We are the minority here.

No disrespect Steve. Anzac is no dummy, he speaks well and is clearly intelligent. Same with Soly. But if they aren't with us, they're against us. And I refuse to forget the times they've been against us.

Respectfully,

Murica

Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next