Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 First time Oregon carry question 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got my Oregon CHL awhile back, but tomorrow will be the first time actually going into Oregon though. I'll be hitting the Antique Expo and was planning on carrying, so I don't leave my pistol in the carry.

I can't find anything on whether they allow firearms in or not. Is it similar to Wa where if there are no firearm signs and you get stopped you can leave without worry. Or do I need to be more careful?

Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 am

I don't understand why Oregon is so strict about reciprocity..... I believe they are about to vote on whether or not the state should fund sex changes for teens... WTF is wrong with the world. If kids can change their gender I should be able to defend myself from gender confused kids...

Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sthcave wrote:
I believe they are about to vote on whether or not the state should fund sex changes for teens...

Actually, a government agency unilaterally decided to fund sex changes for teens without a vote. But you're right, their priorities are all screwed up.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sthcave wrote:
I don't understand why Oregon is so strict about reciprocity..

Because of this very type of reason.
You're supposed to know and understand the laws for the State.

@DSynger

If it's CC, treat it like you were in Wa and you should be fine.
If you were OC, this would be a much longer conversation. They allow counties to regulate the laws on OC...and it leads to issues.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

H2obouget wrote:
sthcave wrote:
I don't understand why Oregon is so strict about reciprocity..

Because of this very type of reason.
You're supposed to know and understand the laws for the State.

@DSynger

If it's CC, treat it like you were in Wa and you should be fine.
If you were OC, this would be a much longer conversation. They allow counties to regulate the laws on OC...and it leads to issues.

Thanks!

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your CHL exempts you from any OC (or other carry) restrictions enacted at the county/city level, so don't bother digging into which cities have gone batshit on guns. All you need to worry about are the state-level ORSs. Here's the main chapter with sub-heads: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/chapter/166

Carrying in OR is essentially like carrying in WA. The regs are very, very similar. One notable difference is that I believe CHL holders are able to carry on school grounds in OR, unlike WA.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes you can carry on school grounds. And it's a very weird feeling.

As far as any of the expo center(I'm assuming that the expo center in PDX is where your talking about being) they have a no firearms policy for the gun shows... Idk about the antique show.. I did go to a sea meet there a few months ago and they didnt ask if I was carrying, but I saw a sign about no carry, which may be the building owners policy

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:

As far as any of the expo center(I'm assuming that the expo center in PDX is where your talking about being) they have a no firearms policy for the gun shows... Idk about the antique show.. I did go to a sea meet there a few months ago and they didnt ask if I was carrying, but I saw a sign about no carry, which may be the building owners policy

Yeah, considering the police are the ones asking at the gun shows. I'm assuming it won't be a problem if they have a sign and non-police inquire. Just an issue if the police actually ask.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... C-Pamphlet

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DSynger wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:

Yeah, considering the police are the ones asking at the gun shows. I'm assuming it won't be a problem if they have a sign and non-police inquire. Just an issue if the police actually ask.

Never had a cop ask, always the suit security at the door

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]