Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Seattle firearm/ammo tax + reporting requirement 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe I missed it but, barring an injunction, when does this take effect?

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ccontrol wrote:
Maybe I missed it but, barring an injunction, when does this take effect?

January 2016, assuming they haven't changed it from the first draft.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kiro was saying 30 days from yesterday IIRC

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Kiro was saying 30 days from yesterday IIRC

That's a misreading of the law. The line above clearly states that the tax shall be imposed on January 1, 2016. I just checked the version they passed.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well that's somewhat of a relief. I have an Outdoor Emporium gift certificate I need to use ASAP

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Well that's somewhat of a relief. I have an Outdoor Emporium gift certificate I need to use ASAP

Should still work at Sportco I would think.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:51 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

tenxambition wrote:
Suggest you go to the Seattle City Attorney's Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/SeattleCityAttorney?fref=ts and ask him how he intends to defend this in light of state preemption since he posted that he fully supports it.

Hmmm... this page allows reviews :-). One star!

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:07 pm
Profile WWW

Alpine wrote:
Well, looks like both laws passed unanimously.

Now that these are the law, what's your plan Soly? Closing down? Moving? Suing? Some combo of these?

I'm also curious to see a plan of action from SAF and what they intend to do. Not sure if we can get an injunction to stop the law pending litigation.

http://www.preciseshooter.com/blog/GettingStarted.aspx

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel the same way about the latest Seattle proposals as the general effort to pass I-594... A colossal waste of financial resources... Basically the city has embarked on a course of action that is legally indefensible due to statewide pre-emption and also that it will lose ample financial resources in the process due to legal fees incurred in the upcoming, inevitable litigation...

If even a small portion of the financial proceeds used to promote and pass I-594 or these Seattle ordinances were used to address real issues such as providing improved mental health care, funding college scholarships for economically disadvantaged youth, or otherwise intervening to provide improved economic/educational opportunities and upward mobility for those in need... then we as a society could begin to address underlying root causes of violence rather than bullshit political pandering...

Soly sorry that you are in this crappy position... I'll plan to make an additional contribution this year to SAF... If there are other financial venues to support the cause of statewide pre-emption or that would otherwise be helpful to you, please let the community know...

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:35 pm

At this point the best way to help fund the defense is to give generously to SAF. You can mention the cause - helping fight Seattle gun tax - in the notes accompanying your donation.

I will post the details later.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know if any good will come donating money to candidates opposite candidates who voted yes on this tax. So far no one running has said they oppose these illegal laws, and all candidates that have been asked have said they support them.

I'll stick to donating to SAF for now.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
I don't know if any good will come donating money to candidates opposite candidates who voted yes on this tax. So far no one running has said they oppose these illegal laws, and all candidates that have been asked have said they support them.

I'll stick to donating to SAF for now.

Would you expect anything else form the liberal city of Seattle?

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seattle is okay - it is just the ass hats running Seattle, Olympia, D.C.,

ETC. - THAT ARE COMPLETELY FUCKED IN THE HEAD DEPARTMENT.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Seattle is okay - it is just the ass hats running Seattle, Olympia, D.C.,

ETC. - THAT ARE COMPLETELY FUCKED IN THE HEAD DEPARTMENT.

Said ass hats are elected by the population.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A choice between Dumb and Dumber is not a choice at all.

Ass hats that run for office should be locked up before they get to fuck over the general public with control freak escapades that do nothing, solve nothing, and waste money on their salaries.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next