Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:44 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How to comply with i594 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm thinking about a fictitious gradeschool story-problem scenario.

Q: 10 friends all go camping in the woods together. They each bring 6 firearms, so there are 60 firearms total. Everybody wants to shoot everybody else's firearms at least once. Assume a background check is $25. How many Background Checks will be required, and what will the total cost be?

A: 1,080 background checks, $27,000.

The above answers work if you borrow a friend firearm, and then return it. Each person has 6 firearms, and there are 54 other firearms they want to shoot. So they need 54 background checks to shoot them. Then they need to return the firearm back to the owner, for another 54 background checks, for 108 total. Each of the 10 people want to do this, for 1080 total background checks.

Now is there a cheaper way to do this? What if you didn't return the firearm to the owner, and instead transferred it to the next friend? Each firearm needs a Background Check before each of the 9 friends touches it, and then 1 last one when it's returned to the owner. So each firearm needs 10 background checks, 60 total firearms, 600 total background checks. $15,000.

Now, how do you get an FFL out in the woods in the middle of nowhere to run a background check for you? There is no network connectivity out here. So you'll need to drive into town for each transfer. Town is 1 hour away, 2 hours round-trip. If a FFL background check takes 15 minutes, and you shoot a firearm for 5 minutes, how long will it take to shoot all 60 firearms?

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you bored or ???

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Comply? :rofl9:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you know it is funny how we gun owners are the most educated and compliant when it comes to laws......the average leftist breaks hundreds of laws every year and here we are overly concerned about an unconstitutional and unenforceable law foisted upon us by the left.

It's a good thing for the left that we are so law abiding......

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Comply? :rofl9:

:plusone:

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love it!

And this brings up a question. I know that an FFL cannot sell a gun anywhere but at his place of business or a gun show. What's the law regarding doing a transfer? If the FFL is putting the gun into his log book and then transferring it back out, is that the same as selling a gun from the location standpoint?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I love it!

And this brings up a question. I know that an FFL cannot sell a gun anywhere but at his place of business or a gun show. What's the law regarding doing a transfer? If the FFL is putting the gun into his log book and then transferring it back out, is that the same as selling a gun from the location standpoint?

I thought that there was an exception for temporary transfers at shooting ranges or while hunting.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC is gonna sort out you law breakers in 5.......4.........3..........2.............1..............

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ztirffritz wrote:
MadPick wrote:
I love it!

I thought that there was an exception for temporary transfers at shooting ranges or while hunting.

I think the exceptions are for at established shooting ranges that you would find in the phonebook, not random honeholes/spots in the woods.
While hunting I believe the exception is you can have your hunting partner hold your rifle while you climb over the fence.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck 594 and those who support it

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
Fuck 594 and those who support it

:patriot:

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:15 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

You know what, I haven't seen any posted private sales that don't say "transfer" or "FFL".

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There have been no cases, nor any documentation from the AG or any DA suggesting you can't pass a firearm from one person to the other without a background check.

Clearly people are still picking up guns at gun shows and at gun dealers and not being arrested.

An FFL can only conduct a transfer (which is still entered in his book, in and out I believe) at his place of business or a gun show, per federal law.

If you want to continue the hyperbole from before 594 was passed ("the sky is falling") feel free.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
You know what, I haven't seen any posted private sales that don't say "transfer" or "FFL".

I am sure most if not all of the people here were (pre 594) and are careful about who they sell to.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buy more new guns!!!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next