Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What firearms related laws would you change if you could? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

What do you believe needs to be changed in how our elected officials and courts interpret 2A?
What if you were POTUS? American Dictator?
This might be the wrong forum... Feel free to move it if I've chosen wrong.

I was admitting my violent and radical nature in another post and it made me think... Just what would I really like to see change in regards to our country's interpretation and enforcement of 2A?

"I'd be a terrible POTUS. I'd go after all politicians who advocate the deceitful gun control measures as enemies of the state. I'd bypass accepted rules and use executive actions, memos, decrees whatever - to try to swing this country back to my own vision of what the Founding Fathers meant it to be. There'd be a definition of 2A to include "All weapons that the ordinary foot soldier of the US Armed Forces carry"... and I'd vet the military brass to exclude those who believe the 2A means any less than that.
Might sound good to a few of my 2A brethren, but I'd be like that Philippine prez who recently made news. There'd be blood in the streets. I'm way too radical."

So.
1. Define 2a as all weapons that ordinary foot soldier carries. Regularly... doesn't include suitcase nukes. heh
2. Mandate firearms training including live fire training for all middle schools, then electives available in all subsequent grades.
3. Replace "Safety First" with ... something else. "Liberty First"? "Liberty = Strength" and set up a computer hack that replaced every mass media use of the phrase "assault rifle" with "TOOL OF FREEDOM" haha Really I would.
4. Full restoration of 2A rights after time is served for a crime. (Probably be a helluva lot tougher on those clear stranger on stranger crimes though. Lots of daisy pushing and pretty quick when the judicial needs are met.)
5. Abolish the BATFE. And any law that applies to the ordinary citizen would apply to all citizens... including police and .Gov agencies.

Mercy... The power that I feel as Dictator is corrupting my soul... Bring back Layne Staley from the dead! I can't do that, can I?
But for reals, I'd be smashing and burning all the filth that I saw... I'd be lynched eventually and go down in history as a ruthless tyrant.
Count on it.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Universal concealed carry reciprocity would be number one.
NYC and CA would shit kittens.

I don't agree on restoring 2A to all released felons.
Should be a time period of good conduct in the community first.

Last edited by Guntrader on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Universal country wide carry
Down with the batf and the nfa
Mandatory gun safety classes in schools(Eddie the eagle style not hunters Ed style)

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Universal concealed carry reciprocity would be number one.
NYC and CA would shit kittens.

I don't agree on restoring 2A to all released felons.
Should be a time period of good conduct in the community first.

Depends on the felony... Rapist and murderers, child abusers ect... Should be in the ground already

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WA issues conviction vacations after first time offenders have spend time in the community without any more convictions (5/10 years for C and B felonies respectively).
No vacations for sex offenders, violent felons, or repeat offenders.
Giving gun rights back to violent criminals seems like a bad idea.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would just enforce the laws on the books as they stand.
That would surely shake up the system.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Universal concealed and open carry.

Same with full auto.

Same with anything else right up to gunships, jets, tanks, you name it.

If the government can own it, so can a private citizen, tax and permit free.

Silencers would be no tax stamp, just an accessory like a scope or a sling.

BATF would be banished to Mexico.

Gun crime would be a first offense felony, 10 years hard labor, no fucking parole.

Gun crime killing would be a first offense mandatory dirt nap.

Settling insults and disputes with pistols at dawn would be legal.

BUT - law abiding gun carrying citizens would have eliminated all criminals within a year of these rules going into effect.

People would be a lot more civilized, respectful, and polite as a result too.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

1. Disallow any non-firearm (e.g., silencers) to be regulated under the firearm laws.

2. Erase distinctions between types of firearms so they are all treated the same (e.g., end rifles, pistols, shotguns each having a different minimum barrel length).

Those are the two that chap me the most, but - for the children - I could also live with:

3. Ban firearms without a user-switchable mechanical safety (e.g., Glock).
:bigsmile:

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
WA issues conviction vacations after first time offenders have spend time in the community without any more convictions (5/10 years for C and B felonies respectively).
No vacations for sex offenders, violent felons, or repeat offenders.
Giving gun rights back to violent criminals seems like a bad idea.

Putting violent criminals back on the streets is a bad idea period. If a person cant be trusted with their rights, they cant be trusted to be free.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Eliminate the Hughes Amendment, BATFE, GCA '68, and NFA. National Constitutional carry.....just like a drivers license it doesn't matter what state you're in. The Constitution applies to each state. And no, you won't have to take a test to carry.
I can hear Rosie and Rachel crying now....ha ha ha

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eliminate the NFA, the GCA of 68, whatever that select fire transferable rule of 86 is/was, the AWB of 89, and allow suppressors to be sold over the counter as accessories.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm here for the 594 hate.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

National carry with no permit.

Arm the teachers- mandatory

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like these ones from other posts and would implement them:

-Define 2a as all weapons that ordinary foot soldier carries. Regularly... doesn't include suitcase nukes.
-Erase distinctions between types of firearms so they are all treated the same (e.g., end rifles, pistols, shotguns each having a different minimum barrel length).
-Abolish the BATFE. And any law that applies to the ordinary citizen would apply to all citizens... including police and .Gov agencies. YES! Fuck YES! Especially the law that makes it illegal to lie to a Fed Agent. I would make it illegal for a politician to lie to a citizen.

Things I slightly disagree with:

-Mandate firearms training including live fire training for all middle schools, then electives available in all subsequent grades.

Education is not a Federal Gov responsibility its a states right. That being said I would have the Fed Gov assist states setting something like this up and encourage it.

-Full restoration of 2A rights after time is served for a crime. (Probably be a helluva lot tougher on those clear stranger on stranger crimes though. Lots of daisy pushing and pretty quick when the judicial needs are met.)

For non-violent crime yes. For violent criminals I would bring back public executions, hangings and firing squads. We allow too much celebrity status on the news for these asswipes that shoot places up, If they aren't dead after they do the deed I say a very very quick trial and string that fuck up and let him swing in the town square for a while until he starts smelling real bad. The exception to this for non-violent criminals is any dealer of drugs ( i dont give a shit about weed one way or another, im talking about coke, meth, LSD, PCP, the hard shit.), I assume automatically they dont give a fuck who they sell to and that means kids that really dont know what they are getting into sometimes so fuck these people, string them up.

Other things I would do:
Universally legal concealed carry no license required

We would have a national primary day, none of this dog and pony show shit lasting for months. All states vote on the same day (mail in ballots are cool too) Any election fraud is also punishable by the same execution methods as above.

Government has no business involving themselves in legalizing or criminalizing marriage, gay or otherwise.

Repeal NFA and GCA

Any laws on the books that are too fucking complicated for someone who is not a lawyer to understand are out the window.

Fed Agencies dont get to make "policy" or "rules" that have the force of law....that shit is for congress....or me since I am a dictator.

No tax stamps or any of that shit.

Gun crime = 10 years chain gang and you never get your gun rights back
gun crime that results in killing = string them up

If the cops get the wrong house in a raid whoever was responsible for planning the raid is not a cop anymore and they are doing 5 years hard labor.

All politicians would be paid whatever the median salary of their constituency was, and only for the time they were in office. Example, a state gov gets the median salary of workers in taht state. A mayor gets the median salary of residents in their city.

No more Judicial review, it was never meant to work that way anyway.

I would pair things down to only ONE fed law enforcement agency, we dont need the 16 or whatever rediculous number we have now/

Im sure there is more....I will think on it.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
I'm here for the 594 hate.

Ness fucking post I've seen in a long time.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next