Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Oppose the C.R.A.P. Amendment (that's what it's called) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, that's what it is called. The Constructive Republican Alternative Proposal.

Effectively makes fighting for due process a richman's privilege.

Here is a prewritten email to send to your legislators:

I urge you to oppose the anti-gun Collins-Ayotte amendment to H.R. 2578.

Gun Owners of America has provided a detailed analysis of the problems with this amendment -- at http://gunowners.me/28NfIf8 -- but in brief, this amendment will:

1) Allow Attorney General Loretta Lynch to deny, by fiat, the right of Americans to buy a firearm without any due process.

2) Only allow effective “due process” for the very wealthy, who can afford to put the up-front $10,000-$100,000 to make their appeals.

3) Perpetuate the Obama administration’s war on gun owners.

Obama’s Justice Department has perfected the harassment of gun owners. Remember when USA Today reported (on 1/20/16) that the FBI is no longer processing the appeals of gun owners who have been illegitimately denied?

How can Congress consider passing the Collins-Ayotte text that will allow thousands of additional gun owners to be illegitimately denied, without first dealing with the inoperative appeals process that was intentionally broken by a belligerent Obama administration?

None of the anti-gun proposals you will vote on this week would have stopped the Orlando terrorist from getting a gun.

But repealing Gun-Free Zones and broadening the right to carry would have made a difference -- just like the Ohio bar employee who shot a prospective mass killer to death last June, protecting the lives of EVERYONE in that bar. So please support concealed carry reciprocity.

Gun Owners of America is rating the Collins-Ayotte amendment as an anti-gun amendment. They will tell me how you vote.

And I will remember in November.
sincerely,

Email addys for those that don't already have these in their contact list:

http://www.murray.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contactme

https://www.cantwell.senate.gov/contact

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not to be a downer but emailing those two about gun rights is a complete waste of time.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Read that guy the riot act.

As for this crap, they may shove it back up the anus it spewed forth from.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The very name of the amendment shows it's designed to be a statement rather than a serious proposal.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Not to be a downer but emailing those two about gun rights is a complete waste of time.

Combatting voter apathy is a waste of energy best spent battling the opposition but I will try again:

Yes these two vote in lock-step with their party. But they are also intent on re-election year-after-year. Therefore if we, ALL of us, take the steps to express our desires and displeasure and display our clout as a voting bloc they could very well be influenced.

But it will take every Eeyore taking the same effort as it takes to say: "It'll never work" and instead pressing the few buttons to send an email or make a call AND VOTE.

I made it fairly easy for you: the email is composed, the addresses provided. Use your energy more wisely than to propagate apathy.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]