Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Change the 24 caliber min in washington for big game hunting 

I might be able to agree intell I hunted other states,and hunted with 223 , and seen what it can do,in person.Seen what washington is missing out on ,that's why I will never change my mind .So I am sorry for that.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

How old are you?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile WWW

Old enough to tell you ,i have lived in Washington my whole life,and hunted in Washington for over 25 years.So let's say forty years old.

How long have you lived , and hunted in Washington.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 pm

And if this is about my punctuation, And English,omg.Have you ever heard of auto correct on a cell phone ,changing words on you.The English language is not wrote in stone ,it changes from year to year,new words,etc.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm 36 and have lived here for 4 years. I've hunted here the past two deer and elk seasons, and one fall season for bear. Since you brought it up, you really are loosing any respect you hope to gain and loosing any minds you want change with the way you communicate here. This group can cut a lot of slack but, consistently allowing auto-correct to make you look ignorant is not going to help you here and won't help you with Wildlife and Fisheries. Also, we welcome discussion on a variety of topics here but, I believe your choice words is also not helping to make your case here. If my read on the vibe here is correct, you're mostly just annoying people and some people are getting a few laughs out of you. I've been aware of your other posts about the same topic on another state forum since you started into this last fall and the poll results are in the majority against changing the rules. Most people here don't care whether you hunt in another state with 223 or not. What they do care about is that you are respectful and communicate well with others here. My suggestion to better champion your cause is to pay attention to auto-correct, words, and composition. Cause typing sentences,such as this isnt going to help U.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 pm
Profile WWW

dreadi wrote:
I'm 36 and have lived here for 4 years. I've hunted here the past two deer and elk seasons, and one fall season for bear. Since you brought it up, you really are loosing any respect you hope to gain and loosing any minds you want change with the way you communicate here. This group can cut a lot of slack but, consistently allowing auto-correct to make you look ignorant is not going to help you here and won't help you with Wildlife and Fisheries. Also, we welcome discussion on a variety of topics here but, I believe your choice words is also not helping to make your case here. If my read on the vibe here is correct, you're mostly just annoying people and some people are getting a few laughs out of you. I've been aware of your other posts about the same topic on another state forum since you started into this last fall and the poll results are in the majority against changing the rules. Most people here don't care whether you hunt in another state with 223 or not. What they do care about is that you are respectful and communicate well with others here. My suggestion to better champion your cause is to pay attention to auto-correct, words, and composition. Cause typing sentences,such as this isnt going to help U.

I have read through some of the other topics on this forum.I'm not the first person you have corrected on English,punctuation that gets a little annoying.Your starting to sound liberal to me.Are you the type of person ,that if a majority would jump off a bridge , you would too.

I try to educate people on the subject,223 for deer.My posts on this forum or any forum is not going to change the law.But if I can get people to think about it ,talk about it then maybe years down the road .Only reason I bring up useing 223 in other states is example of the caliber in action.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hunter399 wrote:
dreadi wrote:

I have read through some of the other topics on this forum.I'm not the first person you have corrected on English,punctuation that gets a little annoying.Your starting to sound liberal to me.Are you the type of person ,that if a majority would jump off a bridge , you would too.

I try to educate people on the subject,223 for deer.My posts on this forum or any forum is not going to change the law.But if I can get people to think about it ,talk about it then maybe years down the road .Only reason I bring up useing 223 in other states is example of the caliber in action.

Ad hominem tactics aren't going to "get people to think about it" they are just going to confirm to others that while you may have a valid point, despite having atrocious grammar and spelling skills, you cannot put forth effective arguments on the point and thus must rely on ad hominem attacks (even if they are somewhat subtle, like accusing someone of being a liberal lemming).

Incidentally:
questions end with question marks (?)
"until" is not spelled "intell"
I have seen*
"The English language is not wrote written in stone..."
"useing" is actually spelled "using"

auto-correct does not account for all of the outrageous abuse of the English language witnessed here.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:29 am

I'm glad the only thing you can come up with is my spelling.I will say sorry to dreadi for calling him a liberal.That might of been a little much.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:46 am

jdhbulseye wrote:
Hunter399 wrote:
dreadi wrote:

Ad hominem tactics aren't going to "get people to think about it" they are just going to confirm to others that while you may have a valid point, despite having atrocious grammar and spelling skills, you cannot put forth effective arguments on the point and thus must rely on ad hominem attacks (even if they are somewhat subtle, like accusing someone of being a liberal lemming).

Incidentally:
questions end with question marks (?)
"until" is not spelled "intell"
I have seen*
"The English language is not wrote written in stone..."
"useing" is actually spelled "using"

auto-correct does not account for all of the outrageous abuse of the English language witnessed here.

And you don't think attacking me on my spelling and grammar isn't ad hominem.And off topic,you are know better than me I guess.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Alrighty then, it looks like both side of the debate have been presented, and the combatants debaters have switched to another topic.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:36 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5