Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 H.R. 367 -- Hearing Protection Act -- Suppressors Off NFA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
*starts threading barrel on Trapdoor replica*

Why not take it further? Suppressed black powder cannon :bigsmile:

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool. So by next year, here in WA, I can have an OTC can for my ten shot AR with a CA-style fixed stock, bullet button, and secret access code to fire that I need to request from my local sheriff in order to use that day. Real fight's here, not in DC.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

reginald_burrito wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Why not take it further? Suppressed black powder cannon :bigsmile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I belive this would drive down the cost of cans.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:

Yea but I'm still gunna be fucking broke... I'll have a designate can for each gun... ok well maybe not the mosin... I only have the one. But the rest of them will

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Homemade !!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup2:

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:

In the long term, yes.

In the short term, no. The initial demand will be insane and the market will be pretty seriously disrupted for at least the first two years.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Benja455 wrote:
mash man wrote:

In the long term, yes.

In the short term, no. The initial demand will be insane and the market will be pretty seriously disrupted for at least the first two years.

Maybe, It's way easier to source can parts than AR BCG materials or starting to produce a .22lr production line. Parts could probably even be imported, I bet the shortage would last 6 months tops.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The driving force behind the HPA is the American Suppressor Association with support from the NRA. The bill in the federal House of Representatives is sponsored by Rep. Jeff Duncan (Repub - SC-03) and Rep. John Carter (Repub TX-31).
http://americansuppressorassociation.com/blog/

The ASA is also working on other federal legislative priorities including legalizing suppressor exports (Suppressor Export Act) to foreign countries as part of a general push to support the domestic suppressor industry. They are also instrumental in the push to expand the number of states working on both legalizing suppressor ownership and also hunting with suppressors. They've been heavily involved with recent suppressor legalization successes in Iowa and Minnesota last year as well as the current push for legalization in Illinois and Massachusetts.

There is a 10% discount for memberships purchased until Inauguration Day. Use code HPA2017 at checkout to save 10% on a membership from now until Inauguration Day.

Just signed up for a one year membership earlier this week to help support passage of this bill.

Glad that we can actually discuss prospects for passage of pro-gun legislation at the federal level for the first time in eight years :bigsmile:
Now if we can only strip the 'sporting purposes' clause from the 1968 GCA and repeal the Hughes Amendment to the 1986 FOPA.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

dreadi wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

I see a booming business in the future....I need to get setup.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

GeekWithGuns wrote:
The driving force behind the HPA is the American Suppressor Association with support from the NRA. The bill in the federal House of Representatives is sponsored by Rep. Jeff Duncan (Repub - SC-03) and Rep. John Carter (Repub TX-31).
http://americansuppressorassociation.com/blog/

The ASA is also working on other federal legislative priorities including legalizing suppressor exports (Suppressor Export Act) to foreign countries as part of a general push to support the domestic suppressor industry. They are also instrumental in the push to expand the number of states working on both legalizing suppressor ownership and also hunting with suppressors. They've been heavily involved with recent suppressor legalization successes in Iowa and Minnesota last year as well as the current push for legalization in Illinois and Massachusetts.

There is a 10% discount for memberships purchased until Inauguration Day. Use code HPA2017 at checkout to save 10% on a membership from now until Inauguration Day.

Just signed up for a one year membership earlier this week to help support passage of this bill.

Glad that we can actually discuss prospects for passage of pro-gun legislation at the federal level for the first time in eight years :bigsmile:
Now if we can only strip the 'sporting purposes' clause from the 1968 GCA and repeal the Hughes Amendment to the 1986 FOPA.

Great info! Thank you!

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
mash man wrote:

In the long term, yes.

Maybe, It's way easier to source can parts than AR BCG materials or starting to produce a .22lr production line. Parts could probably even be imported, I bet the shortage would last 6 months tops.

A good number of parts to make a very satisfactory suppressor are available in your local auto parts stores. Under the NFA, assembling them into a suppressor is illegal.

Within weeks there will be relatively inexpensive suppressors available. From there it will just be a matter of quality and performance.

Take away the bureaucracy and a mfr's costs go way down. They can push them out the door as fast as the lathe operator can finish parts and the welder finish them.

I'm encouraged. Expect all my barrels to get threaded if this passes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:09 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Hiram Maxim's silencer was really just a different patent on his small gasoline engine muffler.

Still have 2-3 EU countries where you can buy a suppressor in a hardware store out of a bin for about €50.
Wears out, just pitch it and buy another one.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Take away the bureaucracy and a mfr's costs go way down. They can push them out the door as fast as the lathe operator can finish parts and the welder finish them.

Unfortunately, passage of the HPA would not take away the bureaucracy. It would merely reduce silencers from Title II to Title I status. There's still a huge bureaucracy in place for Title I firearms. But I'll take that over the status quo any day!

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And then if it's being treated like a longarm, then one should be able to make one at home with no fuss or bother for personal use. To me that is the most immediate exciting prospect of the whole thing. I'll roll my own and wait for the commercial market to stabilize a bit.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next