How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

22wrf rebuild.

Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:27 am

Picked up a well loved shot out 22 wrf Winchester 1890. Made a piloted drill with extensions , drilled out old barrel. Liner should be here in a few days. Figured collector value is gone, so onto draw filing burrs, polishing an rust blue. Stock had a wrist repair so off to the stock duplicator with a blank. Being I've gone off the deep end on this I'll be doing a little engraving as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 22wrf rebuild.

Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:29 pm

You’ve got some serious projects on your plate! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:10 pm

I have one of these I got from grandpa that needs the barrel lined... any interest in doing another? No cosmetic work, I like the deer antler pump handle, patina, and wire holding the stock together! I just wish it shot better than minute of pie plate...

Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:39 pm

Yeah once I get caught up I got the tools an reamers to do another.

Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:43 am

Nice job on that stock. Here is a motivational photo.
I put this together about ten years ago. It’s parts from three different guns. Mag tube assembly. Stock set and receiver. From about 1909 to the mid 1930s (if I recall correctly) and the barrel is new old stock Rossi/Puma.

Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:17 am

Cool project! I have one of those in the back of the safe - now I am going to have to pull it out again!

Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:10 pm

And done. Everything functions flawlessly after lining. Will get grouping this weekend an see how tight it shoots now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:24 pm

Dang. Quick work, and nice-looking too!

Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:37 pm

Very nice!

Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:44 pm

It's alright. Barrel is a plum/ browner blue like what I started with just shinier an deeper in hue. I refuse to hot blue. Only rust blue now. It'll work for backyard pests.

Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:36 am

MadPick wrote:Dang. Quick work, and nice-looking too!

That’s exactly what I was thinking icon_eek
:thumbsup2:

Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:26 am

Goes quick in batches. Been rust bluing other rifles and the Chauchat parts..Then had a day of roughing in stocks. While stocks are drying in oil i go onto buffing and rusting up parts..then back and forth..7days a week. Today will be standing at the lathe and mill until next weeks jobs parts are all ready to go. 13 Years of doing this stuff now and still learning.

Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:53 am

Made a maple stock for a buddy this morning. That's 150grit. He's gonna finish it.

Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:20 pm

Gunnerboy wrote:And done. Everything functions flawlessly after lining. Will get grouping this weekend an see how tight it shoots now.

That is some damn fine work, well done! :bow:
Post a reply