How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

Re: Thompson semi pistol build.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:59 pm

Thanks. Next will be a semi 7.62x39 bren. I'll get a post up once that lands.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:45 pm

You do some amazing work, and fast too! :bow: To think i doubted that Chauchat build. :facepalm2:

Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:15 pm

MadPick wrote:Damned impressive build time, as always! thumbsup

:plusone:

(Some people don’t know the art of procrastination very well… :wink05: )

Nice work! :thumbsup2:

Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:05 pm

NWGunner wrote:(Some people don’t know the art of procrastination very well… :wink05: )

Seriously. We can only hope that he gets better at this, so the rest of us don't feel like such losers.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:18 pm

Impressive sir!

Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:03 am

MadPick wrote:
NWGunner wrote:(Some people don’t know the art of procrastination very well… :wink05: )

Seriously. We can only hope that he gets better at this, so the rest of us don't feel like such losers.

If it makes you feel better I only built a vz58 an rpk that day as well..slow weekend.

Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:23 pm

That was unnecessary. icon_eek

Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:34 pm

Gunnerboy wrote:Nope not that easy..Once a firearm is in a bound book its no longer your property..Little known thing. Courts are useless would cost more than what i would get and would be 3-5 years of court. So write off and lesson learned. Anyways got internal milling and clean up now , Barrel torque and check headspace then test fire. Might get it done today or might get a few other builds caught up.

Legal title to property and physical possession of property are different. Do you think that if you deliver a gun to a gunsmith that you no longer own it as soon as he logs it into his book?

Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:53 pm

Yes depending on case. A FFL can stop a transfer at any moment you bring a gun in to be repaired an cone back smelling of pot he legally has the choice to deny returning your firearm because your a unlawful user under federal law. Any firearms logged in under consignment or pawn etc are legally the FFL's. Seen it multiple times in court battles when shops close an don't return items.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 pm

A dealer is restricted, or sometimes has the option, to withhold physical possession, of a firearm. But that is not the same thing as legal title. Usually a dealer only gains physical possession, not legal title. A lien for unpaid work, or court order to sell the firearm for benefit of a creditor, would be different.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:47 pm

We'll go try it in court an report back. I do this for a living an have seen an been involved with court cases to retrieve items owned that a FFL took possession of for repairs. So let me know after you experience WA courts. You will lose fyi.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:17 pm

Lets get back to the Thompson build, the rest of that stuff belongs in another thread.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:32 pm

usrifle wrote:Lets get back to the Thompson build, the rest of that stuff belongs in another thread.

True, I apologize for the thread drift.

Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:25 am

Well.. found out kahr semi firing pins are made of noodle..off to make a 4140 firing pin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post a reply