Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Help with ak stock choices 

So im looking for a folding stock for a stamped ak. I want it to fold to the RIGHT. Would like it to be collapsible but its not a deal breaker.
Thoughts or ideas?
Ive seen ace and tapco. Some of the stock adapters look pretty goofy. Are there any that are more flush looking?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'd have to chop off the tang (permanent modification) for the ACE stock to be more "flush looking."

Honestly - the major problem you're describing is length of pull and it's nothing new. AKs were designed for smaller people wearing large coats for use in Eastern Europe/Russia and therefore the stocks are shorter. I went with the East German/Romanian side folding stocks as they were designed to work with these rifles from the start, they fold to the right and the gun can be fired with the stock folded. The length of pull still sucks and the cheekweld is mediocre at best, but there are ways to improve it.

I saw a new adapter recently which allows you do use any AR stock (including collapsing/folding mechanisms) without permanent modification. It looked pretty sweet, but it was pricey and then you still need to buy an AR buffer tube & stock. I'd rather put the money into ammo/training or an Ultimak/red dot combo.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Ive seen the ace flush mount and the folding adapter fron ace and utg for ar stocks. Ive seen set ups over $300 which is more than id like to spend. Good check weld is important as I have an underfolder and...well its an underfolder. Ive seen a samson or samco (cant remember) cheek riser for underfolders. But havnt seen it on a rifle.
Do the tapco folding stocks fold to the right?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Id rather not cut off the tang as I like the top rail mount that bolts up to the hole.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:58 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

Avoid Tapco stuff. I have seen it break on rifles before and it causes a royal PITA. You can get a standard AK side folder, they fold to the right and you could modify a rubber limb saver and attach it to the end of the stock giving you a longer LOP.

If you want adjustable LOP and a good cheek weld you're only real option is an ACE side folding adapter. There are some adapters out there that do not require any mods to the rear of the rifle. Just beware of super cheap stuff because you'll get what you pay for.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:24 pm

What other adapters have you seen? Do you remember what brands or where to get them?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:47 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

troyp47000 wrote:
What other adapters have you seen? Do you remember what brands or where to get them?

Not a folder but no mods required. http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/ ... k-adapter/

No mods required non AR style. http://www.bonesteelarms.com/Ak-Saiga-F ... AKFSGL.htm

No mods required: http://www.bonesteelarms.com/AK-Saiga-f ... akfsar.htm

No mods required: http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/cnc- ... ef05b1da72

That should be enough to get you at least moving in a direction.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]