Switch to full style
How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

Re: Industrial Gun Smithing Tool Mil/Drill

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Bob Rodgers uses Grizzly equipment.

I prefer equipment from overseas.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:44 am

I'm still pretty new here, spend most of my time in the NFA section and didn't even see this thread until last night.

I wish your machine was a little smaller. I'm going to buy a mill around Christmas bonus time, but my budget wouldn't have much left for tooling if I went too far above $1000. Got a Grizzly lathe already, most likely I'll end up with a G0758.

If you still have it around Christmas, I might have to work some overtime to bump the tool budget up a bit.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 am

Commercial stuff takes up too much room, such as Bridgeport and Haas.
Last edited by lhecker51 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:56 am

deadshot2 wrote:
Classic wrote:80% lowers completed fast! This could be a great toy for a manshed
:thumbsup2:

Yes it would. Right up to the point when my wife discovered it. :shocked4: :shocked4:

This is how to maintain the peace: wrap up purchase as a present to yourself from Santa Clause. What can she do? Make a scene in front of the kids that questions the existence of Santa? I think not! Hehe....

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:18 pm

Take a machine shop class at a community college. I have that same mill; which cost me $1400 15 years ago and came with some tooling.
Post a reply