Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 UPDATED: 'Gun safety' v. 'Gun Control' 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
OK, if he launch the pro gun page, and it was taken down on "our end" and not by Facebook - why doesn't he know why? That just seems weird.

And why give it to Bloomberg? Why not just make it a dead end/blank page?

I hope someone was not paid off.....

Reading comprehension.

That is all.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If there was a legal threat, and Reed was part of the group that set it up, it seems odd that he wasn't involved in the discussion to take it down.
It sounds fishy to me. If he knows it wasn't Facebook, why doesn't he know who did it?

And you could also just dead end the page without any legal risk.

PS enjoying the comments on the new Facebook page....

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$50 Million well spent.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:rofl9:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANOTHER update.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/daniel-silverman/correction-everytown-for-gun-safety-facebook-page-taken-down-by-admin/

Quote:
TTAG previously reported that Facebook removed the Everytown for Gun Safety main page. I spoke with the page’s administrator, a 27-year-old NRA instructor and he called the NRA in regards to his page. The NRA legal team sought him out and advised him to take the page down. Now One Million Moms Against Gun Control and Gun Rights Across America are attempting to gain control of the page and keep it going. This was not a case of Facebook censorship, but the admins decision due to fear of a lawsuit from someone that has lots of money and a crack legal team at his disposal . . .

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
OK, if he launch the pro gun page, and it was taken down on "our end" and not by Facebook - why doesn't he know why? That just seems weird.

And why give it to Bloomberg? Why not just make it a dead end/blank page?

I hope someone was not paid off.....

Evidently you don't read too well.

Reed is a commercial pilot. All of this went down while he was up there at 30,000 without the ability to do his internet.

I expect to hear from him Monday morning sometime about what went down, as soon as he knows. He is not the only key player in this. While he certainly is a key player, if you have followed the narrative, another principal — Heather Coleman — may have made the decision. he was having trouble reaching her at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night....no big surprise there...and since he was flying again Sunday, I couldn't hook up with him.

Last edited by Dave Workman on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, I was flying one day last week on commercial flights and had no problems reaching a bunch of people. To be fair I wasn't flying the plane.

I didn't see Heather's name in the article... maybe your article could expand more on her role.

And speaking of not reading (or writing) too well, I assume you meant Heather is another principal.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
ANOTHER update.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/daniel-silverman/correction-everytown-for-gun-safety-facebook-page-taken-down-by-admin/

Quote:
TTAG previously reported that Facebook removed the Everytown for Gun Safety main page. I spoke with the page’s administrator, a 27-year-old NRA instructor and he called the NRA in regards to his page. The NRA legal team sought him out and advised him to take the page down. Now One Million Moms Against Gun Control and Gun Rights Across America are attempting to gain control of the page and keep it going. This was not a case of Facebook censorship, but the admins decision due to fear of a lawsuit from someone that has lots of money and a crack legal team at his disposal . . .

This is a clearer explanation, thank you. But I guess this guy is another "key player" in addition to Heather and Reed...?

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On hold for the moment

Last edited by Dave Workman on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm getting a page not found from that link Dave.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:

It's not because I hung up this time.... Codrea and I are digging into the veracity of this new Bloomberg page, which has been called into question.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let us know when it's back so we can share it.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave Workman wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

It's not because I hung up this time.... Codrea and I are digging into the veracity of this new Bloomberg page, which has been called into question.

Thanks. thumbsup
(I had a feeling something was maybe fishy.)

I've said this before, but I think Bloomberg is all about "people control" not "gun control". Just look at his history.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
Let us know when it's back so we can share it.

Here's what we know. And it may be proven wrong later! :frust: :frust:

Gun activists who out-drew Bloomberg are ‘cybersquatting,’ says ‘Everytown’ official

Gun rights activists who temporarily beat billionaire Michael Bloomberg to the draw with “Everytown for Gun Safety” Facebook pages are “cybersquatting….”

http://www.examiner.com/article/activis ... n-official

Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 am

Cybersquatting, eh.. Too bad the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act only applies to domain names. Bloomberg's group likely has no legal recourse other than direct mediation with Facebook.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticybers ... ection_Act

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next