Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Virginia live broadcast murders spark gun control push 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:frust:

Va. governor pushes gun control after tragic WDBJ shooting

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe appears to have wasted no time in the wake of this morning’s horrifying on-air fatal shooting of a reporter and cameraman from a Roanoke television station to push for gun control, according to quotes published by the Washington Post.

http://www.examiner.com/article/va-gove ... 7-shooting

:blackcloud1:

Virginia slayings provide launchpad for more gun control

Speaking last night to Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, the father of slain WDBJ reporter Alison Parker in Virginia vowed to make it his life’s mission to close “the loopholes in background checks” so that “crazy people” cannot get their hands on firearms.

http://www.examiner.com/article/virgini ... un-control

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here we go... again!

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Here we go... again!

This time it's different for me....I'm (mostly) ready. Last time I had a 1911 with one mag and about 75 rounds....that was it. A wee bit more this time than a lone 1911 I hadn't fired in 10 years.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find it laughable. Hopefully he didn't bang his knee too hard. Stupidity....the new, modern virtue?

:zombie:

Μολὼν λαβέ

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly. Also, please forgive my spelling or grammatical errors. If my post doesn't make sense or is not amusing, it's technology's fault and most certainly not operator ɹoɹɹǝ. Thank You

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because somehow, passing a background check and enduring the waiting period is not enough? Now if you've been fired from a job you're on the prohibited list? Gay people shouldn't be able to get guns? Once you rent a car the SWAT team comes in and confiscates your firearms? Tell us, oh wise governor, how one more law would have prevented this.

It's douchebaggery at every level, including the douchebags who voted this guy in.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
Because somehow, passing a background check and enduring the waiting period is not enough? Now if you've been fired from a job you're on the prohibited list? Gay people shouldn't be able to get guns? Once you rent a car the SWAT team comes in and confiscates your firearms? Tell us, oh wise governor, how one more law would have prevented this.

It's douchebaggery at every level, including the douchebags who voted this guy in.

:plusone:

Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Here we go... again!

This time it's different for me....I'm (mostly) ready. Last time I had a 1911 with one mag and about 75 rounds....that was it. A wee bit more this time than a lone 1911 I hadn't fired in 10 years.

And yet, somehow, even the guy with 60 guns and 100,000 rds of ammo still doesn't feel fully prepared when Congress takes up gun control bills.

Notice that so many of the talking heads who spout off about needing more background checks will never once mention the fact that the shooter most likely passed one when he bought his Glock. Like Dave said in the article, we'll know for sure once more facts come out, but my money is on a completed 4473, a NICS check, and a PASS.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Admission: Background checks couldn’t prevent WDBJ tragedy
:frust:
In what some might consider a stunning attack of candor, spokespersons for two gun control groups reportedly acknowledged to the Roanoke Times yesterday that background checks would not have prevented Wednesday’s carefully planned on-air slayings of two broadcast journalists in Virginia.

http://www.examiner.com/article/admissi ... bj-tragedy

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[quote="Guns4Liberty"

Notice that so many of the talking heads who spout off about needing more background checks will never once mention the fact that the shooter most likely passed one when he bought his Glock. Like Dave said in the article, we'll know for sure once more facts come out, but my money is on a completed 4473, a NICS check, and a PASS.[/quote]

They're already confirming all of that on the MSM. He went through the mandated waiting period, too. But, um, background checks. Yeah, we need more background checks. 'Cause...reasons...

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]