Dave Workman is an author, senior editor of Gun Week, communications director for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, award-winning outdoor writer, former member of the NRA Board of Directors.
Post a reply

STATE SUPREME COURT VICTORY!!!!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:28 am

http://www.thegunmag.com/wa-supreme-cou ... v-edmonds/

WA Supreme Court Upholds State Preemption in SAF-NRA Lawsuit v. Edmonds

The Washington State Supreme Court has unanimously upheld the state’s long-standing model firearms preemption statute in a lawsuit filed against the City of Edmonds by the Second Amendment Foundation, National Rifle Association and three private citizens, in a case dating back to August 2018.

Re: STATE SUPREME COURT VICTORY!!!!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:31 am

Wow, that's a nice surprise!

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:34 am

This is great news. I just heard about this from SAF and I came to post it up here, but Dave already did. Excellent!
:wagwoot:

Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:34 pm

Well I’ll be damned but we must remember that the midterms are upon us, so there’s that.
Thanks SAF & NRA!!!
Last edited by Caveman Jim on Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:52 pm

:cheers2:

Sweeeeeeeeeet

Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:42 pm

icon_eek

:whatthe:

Dave, it's not April 1st, you know.

Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:37 am

As a plaintiff in this case, this victory is particularly sweet. It's about time the right thing prevailed.

Big kudos to SAF for seeing this through to victory, and also a big thank you to Dave Workman for connecting me with SAF for representation. The attorneys I worked with were very professional and provided sound counsel. Job well done all around!

Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:18 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:As a plaintiff in this case, this victory is particularly sweet. It's about time the right thing prevailed.

Big kudos to SAF for seeing this through to victory, and also a big thank you to Dave Workman for connecting me with SAF for representation. The attorneys I worked with were very professional and provided sound counsel. Job well done all around!

And thank YOU for stepping up to help lead the fight! :bow:

Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:15 pm

On behalf of all 2nd ad. advocates throughout the state, thank YOU Curtis, Workman and SAF!

Which reminds me, I always donated at the WAC shows, but there haven't been many of those. I need to get off my ass and donate online to both SAF and Waguns.

Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:44 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:As a plaintiff in this case, this victory is particularly sweet. It's about time the right thing prevailed.

Thank you for being willing to do that. Care to share what the experience was like? I would be interesting how much time you had to spend responding to interrogatories and requests for production, doing depositions, and the like.
Post a reply