Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Time to rally 'round Trump? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NOT AN ENDORSEMENT.

Is it finally time to start rallying around ‘The Donald?’

Did yesterday’s five-state primary sweep by New York businessman and GOP front-runner Donald Trump signal to conservatives, and especially American gun owners who are justifiably alarmed by Hillary Clinton’s open threats of war on the Second Amendment, finally signal that it is time to rally around “The Donald?”

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-it-f ... the-donald

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It will never be time to start rallying around the Donald. He's not a conservative and its not worth sacrificing the soul of conservatism and destroying the party on the off-chance that he'll beat Hillary.....which he won't. Bottom line: stock up on $39 Anderson lowers.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Olympia173 wrote:
It will never be time to start rallying around the Donald. He's not a conservative and its not worth sacrificing the soul of conservatism and destroying the party on the off-chance that he'll beat Hillary.....which he won't. Bottom line: stock up on $39 Anderson lowers.

Soooooo your not voting at all?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Olympia173: Wrong and wrong.
You can only shoot so many guns. So unless you are planning to sell them...well 594 and whatever AWB Illary would/might be able to pass.

The real stock pile should be in ammo, as increased taxation as a strategy for gun control is now almost a given.

Add in Illary's financial and materiel support of "moderate" Muslim factions and I would rather take a gamble on Trump.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

Meh, I'll write someone in if Trump is the candidate. On top of not being a conservative, he's also a liar and a moron. Listening to him tap dance around questions is painful, and the fact that he has put forth exactly zero actual, realistic policy recommendations is concerning.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, Olympia is right on both counts. Trump is a phony conservative and a liar; he doesn't deserve our votes. And in a Trump vs. Hillary match-up, she wins (unless she is indicted, which the Obama DOJ will never do). So assuming Trump gets the nomination, holding your nose and voting for him is futile. And it's not like our votes matter here in WA; the Dems will win the state's 12 electoral votes, and it won't matter which R you vote for - those votes will mean jack squat. Just watch - if it ends up being Trump vs. Hillary in the general election, this is exactly how it's going to play out.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
You can only shoot so many guns. So unless you are planning to sell them...well 594 and whatever AWB Illary would/might be able to pass.

The real stock pile should be in ammo, as increased taxation as a strategy for gun control is now almost a given.

Add in Illary's financial and materiel support of "moderate" Muslim factions and I would rather take a gamble on Trump.

Ok, if you say so. If it doesn't bother you that Trump is totally clueless, has no policy proposals, and actually supported Hillary in many of her campaigns, then knock yourself out :thumbsup2:

But, I totally support stocking up on ammo :AR15firing:

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Olympia173 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Meh, I'll write someone in if Trump is the candidate. On top of not being a conservative, he's also a liar and a moron. Listening to him tap dance around questions is painful, and the fact that he has put forth exactly zero actual, realistic policy recommendations is concerning.

Name a politician who doesn't dance around questions.

Im not a Trump fan, but IMO he is the lesser of all the evils who will be on the ballot

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trump is a POS and does not represent us or anyone in America. Reality TV has gone too far this time. I'd vote for Kim and Kanye for president long before I'd vote for Trump. :bonghit:

Divided we fall.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:56 am

Olympia173 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Ok, if you say so. If it doesn't bother you that Trump is totally clueless, has no policy proposals, and actually supported Hillary in many of her campaigns, then knock yourself out :thumbsup2:

But, I totally support stocking up on ammo :AR15firing:

which candidate did you like?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Republicans have lost this state for 30+ years. It went 80% for Bernie in the Democrat primary. I assure you that whoever the candidate for the R is if you vote for him you'll be throwing away your vote.

Vote libertarian and lets start introducing a 3rd party to this clusterfuck. They need 5% of the popular vote to get access to public funding. This election is all but going to Hillary. I'd put 100 bucks on it. Lets start planning for the next election.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya know why we (Rs) lose. Folks fold their arms and don't vote. Real smart strategy. Or they vote for a libertarian. Again, pointless. Unite, vote for the less-than-ideal R, play defense for 4 years and see what happens.

Trump has probably changed his position. He's probably dirty. He's probably got some dumb ideas too. He's probably said some dumb things.

But he's incredibly successful, surrounds himself with the brightest, and is not a pushover, wimp, or prone to giving away America. We have a few looming death spiral problems. Economy. Jobs. Debt. I'm betting he can get folks working on fixing these.

Hillary is certainly dirty, a coward, anti-gun, anti-American, a moron, inept, a terrible leader, a criminal, should be facing indictment (for the 10th time), has no clue how to run anything, and has never been successful at anything she's tried.

Abstaining is a vote for Hillary. Join the morons who got Hussein Obama elected TWICE because they were too stubborn to vote for McCain (because he was a RINO) or Romney (because he's Mormon). Sell the nation down the river because your perfect candidate isn't on the ticket. Smart thinking.

Quote:
Vote libertarian and lets start introducing a 3rd party to this clusterfuck. They need 5% of the popular vote to get access to public funding. This election is all but going to Hillary. I'd put 100 bucks on it. Lets start planning for the next election.

An equally wasted vote that does nothing. 1 election every 4 years - in your lifetime you will make no progress doing it that way, with your approximately 15 votes.

As I've said before, sometimes you gotta play defense. Trump would be a defense play and a wild card, but he probably won't screw up badly, and maybe he can fix a few things.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Trump has probably changed his position. He's probably dirty. He's probably got some dumb ideas too. He's probably said some dumb things.

But he's incredibly successful, surrounds himself with the brightest, and it's a pushover, wimp, or prone to giving away America.

Hillary is certainly dirty, a coward, anti-gun, anti-American, a moron, inept, a terrible leader, a criminal, should be facing indictment (for the 10th time), has no clue how to run anything, and has never been successful at anything she's tried.

Abstaining is a vote for Hillary. Join the morons who got Hussein Obama elected TWICE because they were too stubborn to vote for McCain (because he was a RINO) or Romney (because he's Mormon). Sell the nation down the river because your perfect candidate isn't on the ticket. Smart thinking.

Quote:

An equally wasted vote that does nothing. 1 election every 4 years - in your lifetime you will make no progress doing it that way, with your approximately 15 votes.

As I've said before, sometimes you gotta play defense. Trump would be a defense play and a wild card, but he probably won't screw up badly, and maybe he can fix a few things.

Your reading comprehension sucks. 5% of the popular vote gets a third party access to public grants. Its an excellent start. So voting for a third party is not a waste. Voting republican in this state in a presidential election, however, is a huge waste.

Last I checked Gary Johnson was polling at 11% against Trump and Killary. The future needs options. Right now we have none.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have to agree with voting for a third party candidate in the primaries of our own hopelessly D state...and then supporting the most conservative option at the end.

Just watched Trump's Foreign Policy Speech live. Couldn't find fault with most of it. America first, lead from a position of strength, make no commitments that bring US no results too. (makes no sense to run around the world defending foreign borders if we are negligent in controlling our own, and even less sense building foreign infrastructure while our crumbles) Reduce debt through increased domestic production and wealth creation. NEW people in govt./new ideas. After all, one of the greatest abilities of a president is the ability to effectively delegate <which means identifying the most capable.

Was a little irony in his speech when he invoked Reagan's words to Gorbachov :" tear down this wall."

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

rayjax82 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

But he's incredibly successful, surrounds himself with the brightest, and it's a pushover, wimp, or prone to giving away America.

Quote:

Your reading comprehension sucks. 5% of the popular vote gets a third party access to public grants. Its an excellent start. So voting for a third party is not a waste. Voting republican in this state in a presidential election, however, is a huge waste.

Last I checked Gary Johnson was polling at 11% against Trump and Killary. The future needs options. Right now we have none.

And with that mentality, Hillary will be our next POTUS, further ruin us, and ya'll can vote for a libertarian again in 2020, and again waste a vote on principle.

I'd prefer to win and block her. Blocking her is a win itself, frankly. If you can't see that as a win, the conversation is useless. Again, a defensive play may be the only card ya have but you have to play it rather than sitting on the bench.

When was the last time voting for a libertarian was an actual winning strategy in a National Election? Why stay with a losing strategy? Libertarians got a whopping 13,000 votes. Why waste it? Hell, write in nominations got more with 14,900.

OTOH, Washington was once a heavily Republican state and voted that way until 1988. Even today, the voting by party is in fact close enough for a R to win if ALL folks who have R principles actually VOTE Republican. Obama won by only 500,000 votes in 2008 and 400,000 in 2012. That's not that many, even though it represents 14-17%. I bet a half million registered Republicans sat home and pouted and let Obama win. Probably 1/2 million right between Tacoma and Seattle that said, "What's the point?" and gave away the election.

Last edited by leadcounsel on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next