Switch to full style
Dave Workman is an author, senior editor of Gun Week, communications director for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, award-winning outdoor writer, former member of the NRA Board of Directors.
Post a reply

Gabby Giffords and more...

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Giffords Again Gabbing About Guns, Announces ‘New Coalition’

Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle “Gabby” Giffords, who survived a 2011 assassination attempt in Tucson and left Congress to form, with her husband, a gun control group is in Phoenix Thursday to announce “a new bi-partisan coalition” to push for additional gun restrictions.

http://libertyparkpress.com/giffords-ag ... coalition/

Ex-U.S. Attorney Blames Social Media for Chicago Violence

When Zachary Fardon resigned as U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, he apparently did not do it as “abruptly” as reported by the Chicago Tribune, because he took time to write a five-page analysis of the city’s violence problem and he blames social media for driving it.

http://conservativefiringline.com/ex-u- ... -violence/

Re: Gabby Giffords and more...

Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Ms Giffords case bugs me... On the one hand, I am sympathetic to her- she got shot in the head by a whacko. That's a shitty thing to have happen to you.

I can't shake the feeling that a simple explanation of the origins and uselessness of gun control would cause people like her to all of a sudden understand their mistake, and decide to correct it.

I understand people who favor gun control when it is because they haven't been exposed to all the truth and facts - but I can't understand the ones who have had time and opportunity to really learn those facts.

The virus of gun play moves through social media,” Fardon stated. “We can stop or stem that. Don’t send in the National Guard, send in the tech geeks. If a gang member makes CPD’s Strategic Subject List, find a way to curb or real-time monitor that gang member’s social media accounts. If kids have convictions or overt gang affiliations, find a way to curb their social media. I recognize that First Amendment issues come into play, but let’s test those limits. Lives are at stake.

Hmm. Not my first direction, but I see where he is going with it. Stifling 1A is probably not any kind of long term solution.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Umm, because none of them actually believe banning guns will have any effect on reducing violence?
It's her new job now.

PMB wrote:Ms Giffords case bugs me... On the one hand, I am sympathetic to her- she got shot in the head by a whacko. That's a shitty thing to have happen to you.

I can't shake the feeling that a simple explanation of the origins and uselessness of gun control would cause people like her to all of a sudden understand their mistake, and decide to correct it.

I understand people who favor gun control when it is because they haven't been exposed to all the truth and facts - but I can't understand the ones who have had time and opportunity to really learn those facts.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 pm

I remember her BIL was up in he ISS when the shooting occurred. He was the first person to blame the Tea Party. The entire family are worthless shits that should be ignored.
Post a reply