Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Pro-gun march on Olympia Jan19th 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've heard several people express discontent that religion and prepping was a strong point of the speeches. I understand their grief, but to me, life is ginormous series of Venn diagrams. We all fit in them somewhere, but there is no guarantee that the guy standing next to you has anything in common. At today's rally, we ALL had something big in common. Everything else doesn't matter, everything else is what makes us different and makes us individuals. We share a core set of values when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, everything else has to be accepted with it. Some believe in God, some do not. Some have 3000 cans of beans stashed in their basement, some depend on fast food and frequent grocery trips. I try to focus on what's important to all of us here, on this forum, there are other forums for everything else.

Anyway, my soap box is starting to creek, so I'm going to shut up now. I'm just glad we all showed up and hopefully played a part in making a change.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

looks like it was a good turnout across the whole country :patriot:

here is a speech by Nutnfancy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wto6A4-gIEw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Some decent pics from The Seattle Times:
http://seattletimes.com/html/photogalle ... 77/12.html

And yes, this one is in there... There is always that one fucking guy...

Yeah I saw that a few times, WTF man the press is watching.

This is just the kind of shit they use to make us all look like a bunch of morons.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I fucking love the United motherfucking states of America.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

movingviolation wrote:
looks like it was a good turnout across the whole country :patriot:

here is a speech by Nutnfancy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wto6A4-gIEw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A good speech, gotta hand it to the guy. Utah is on point, I heard Oregon was too.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Its fun to meet the members. You get a pitcher in your head of what the look like from there posts then you meet them. LOL Like Mohawk13 he was not nearly as old as I thought he would be :ROFLMAO:
And who was the guy walking around with the Gay ass Barret AR on his back he should trade it in for a Hi point carbine. :rofl9:

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:26 am

Marine3%er wrote:
Its fun to meet the members. You get a pitcher in your head of what the look like from there posts then you meet them. LOL Like Mohawk13 he was not nearly as old as I thought he would be :ROFLMAO:
And who was the guy walking around with the Gay ass Barret AR on his back he should trade it in for a Hi point carbine. :rofl9:

A pitcher in your head? That sounds painful :ROFLMAO:

3. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Marine3%er wrote:

:ROFLMAO: a pitcher??

I do get a pic. of what some of these guys look like, mohawk he threw me off the first time i meet him too.

heard that 416 Barrett costs about $15,000.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Looked at the Daily Zero after getting back from church. Front page article about 2 dozen people sitting around saying how we need more control. Had to go to page 2 to find an article about the rally. In that article the State Patrol was quoted as estimating 1200 to 1500 people in attendance. I guess the smaller group gets the better coverage when they agree with the editorial policy of the fish wrap.

Good rally. Keep up the energy and keep reminding your elected representatives that you are watching and expecting them to uphold their oath of office to preserve and protect the Constitution. Some are a bit challenged in that respect.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sunday front page layouts are often done days in advance. John Dodge has been a front page Sunday feature for years

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Had a fun time yesterday with everyone!

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Some decent pics from The Seattle Times:
http://seattletimes.com/html/photogalle ... 77/12.html

And yes, this one is in there... There is always that one fucking guy...

That's actually pretty effing great. Any publicity is good publicity. Sure the anti-gunners get their panties in a bunch but eff em. We are here to stay and I won't be sitting around worrying about a "good guy" image with my pinkie out sipping tea trying to look good for anyone.

Some folks that see that image are going to want to see more images...and bam. Gotcha!

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I enjoyed not having to introduce myself.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to see Waguns there, I forgot my damn hat, I talked my brother into coming along, he wanted carry my AR but was afraid to carry it up to the rally so I put on my pistol over my coat & slung my AR over my shoulder & we started walking from 2 blocks away, I had two people come up to me the last block & ask to buy my AR, no thanks. When we got to the rally & he saw the guns he was happy to carry my AR then...lol.. my older brother has gotten so afraid of the law in his old age.
The wife said she saw the back of my jacket on the news, the big EAGLE & FLAG she embroidered on the back of my jean jacket. How I missed this post before I went I will never know..

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:33 pm

DSynger wrote:
I thought the turn out was great, but I was actually taken back by the speakers a bit. First, I'm pretty much an atheist and secular humanist, so the whole God given thing doesn't carry the same weight as the vast majority. Plus, I kinda expect a little less tunnel vision regarding the 1st Amendment when we're rallying to protect the 2nd Amendment. I can let it slide, but felt a little left out. However, I was hoping some of the comments weren't caught for replay later. While I can understand, and actually support, some of the comments about prepping, I was hoping for more of a rational discourse over an emotional one. All I could see were sound bites used to discredit the support we were trying develop. I'm not dogging on anyone's statemetn and saying their bad, I'm saying I was hoping for some cander to make sure we didn't throw any more ammunition in the anti-gunners laps. For those not into God and gun or prepping, those comments can alienate instead of winning over or validating the existing faith in the pro-gunners. Just my 2 cents.

+1......but I'll still show up lol

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next