Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Pro-gun march on Olympia Jan19th 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Hmm. Not that I'm bringing an AR, but if this is about gun rights how is a long gun different?? I must be missing something...

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So are people bringing long guns? I have never been to an event like this. What's the dress code? Carry as usual? OC? Bring a rifle?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
Hmm. Not that I'm bringing an AR, but if this is about gun rights how is a long gun different?? I must be missing something...

There is no law about having it loaded walking down the street... There is however:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.270

I do not normally walk around with a rifle, but for a 2A rally, I will and I have.

For my AR I will be condition 3. My bolt will not be locked back unless the popo want to clean and lube my firearm afterwards. For the pistol I will be condition 0. No safeties on my gun other than grip and finger.

Talked to my boss today and I get time off for the rally! Wheeeeeeee!

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:32 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Couldn't that same law be used against open carry?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
So are people bringing long guns? I have never been to an event like this. What's the dress code? Carry as usual? OC? Bring a rifle?

See page 2 in middle as massive posted. 2 known members there. Supposed to be cold out so dress warm. other than that go as you please just not in a thong

Will most likely be attending

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
Couldn't that same law be used against open carry?

The courts have ruled that a holstered firearm warrants no alarm. But good thinking. Now, go read the ruling of State vs Spencer. Spencer walked thru a residential area with an ak47 slung in federal way back in the 80s or 90s. Read carefully and the reasoning behind the ruling.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Read through it. Interesting. I can see how it excluded oc, but I think many people feel "threatened" when they see even a holstered pistol. It sounds like he was holding his AK, so how is it "threatening " if it's loaded and slung on your back?

The word "threatened" seemed to be the tipping point there. Anyway....I still don't see how that means definitively it can or can't be loaded.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Someone requested that I post a pic or at least the text of my poster because they thought that I should share it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Freedom1Man wrote:
Someone requested that I post a pic or at least the text of my poster because they thought that I should share it.

I like it

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Kgbsucka wrote:
Read through it. Interesting. I can see how it excluded oc, but I think many people feel "threatened" when they see even a holstered pistol. It sounds like he was holding his AK, so how is it "threatening " if it's loaded and slung on your back?

The word "threatened" seemed to be the tipping point there. Anyway....I still don't see how that means definitively it can or can't be loaded.

The Spencer case is a lousy case the judges can't seem to make up their minds the whole time.

The law, it's vague, then it's not too vague, then it's reasonably not vague. Spencer is guilty because we the judges say so and because the law is so vague that we make it mean anything we want it to....

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Any reasonable person would feel alarmed upon seeing, on a
residential street at night, a man carrying a visibly loaded AK-47 assault rifle in an assaultive manner. This alarm would [**944] be
intensified if the man were walking briskly with his head down and avoiding eye contact with passers-by, as Spencer was doing.

(page 6 of the pdf)

http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/gunstuff ... pencer.pdf

It was the combination of all of those things. However a 2A rally is for that... the promotion of the 2nd Amendment. Therefore, a REASONABLE person should expect there to be objects related to the 2A....like effing tanks!

And of course I am not an attorney; I am only a guy that posts every once in a while and eventually get his posts deleted by a mod. Mostly posts in classified threads with ridiculous prices or requests. Lol.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm
Founding Father
Founding Father

I'm going to be there. That means all THREE owner of WaGuns will be there and we respectfully request that all of you do everything in your power to make it. Driving to Olympia is HORRIBLE. Dan lives there. Oh and it's a long drive for those of us up North. Most of all though, Dan lives there. Anyway, if there was ever a time for us all to come together for a good cause...this is it. Let's make our voices heard.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TacticalAssault wrote:
I'm going to be there. That means all THREE owner of WaGuns will be there and we respectfully request that all of you do everything in your power to make it. Driving to Olympia is HORRIBLE. Dan lives they. Oh and it's a long drive for those of up North. Most of all though, Dan lives there. Anyway, if there was ever a time for us all to come together for a good cause...this is it. Let's make our voices heard.

Thanks B! I forgot that I lived here. The drive is horrendous for me too! Seriously. It's like 15 minutes, and I have to wear pants. You gun guys are asking a lot of me.

But in seriousness. I am glad that all 3 of us will be there. It looks like at least a couple of the mods will be there as well as a shitload of members. We would be honored to have you stand with us at this epic event.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ill be there. Forget the gun turn in.

Ill have my schwag on. Mrs. Nonsense, (who I am lucky to have) may also be in attendance wearing her pink Waguns schwag. So if you see a white guy wearing black, and a black chick wearing pink, that's us.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 pm

General Nonsense wrote:
Ill be there. Forget the gun turn in.

Ill have my schwag on. Mrs. Nonsense, (who I am lucky to have) may also be in attendance wearing her pink Waguns schwag. So if you see a white guy wearing black, and a black chick wearing pink, that's us.

A white guy wearing black you say, no way!

I'm catching a ride with Walt, thanks again man.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next