Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:32 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Pro-gun march on Olympia Jan19th 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was a great time. Thank You to all that showed up!

Mrs. Walt announced to me over lunch that she is signing up as a Life Member of the NRA!!!

-- Sen. Barack Obama, March 16, 2006

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:59 pm

gwaugh wrote:
Thanks to you and the Waguns team too, you put up a good show. I hope the rest of the rally went well.

:plusone: Admins and mods ran the tent well.

I met two Steves, plus a handful or two of other members. Great turnout everyone for how cold it was.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
A LOT of business cards were handed out

What's it going to cost for someone like me to get ahold of a whole box of cards?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was great. I'm proud to be part of this community and very glad everything at the rally went without a hitch.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you to everyone who showed up... What a strong turnout we had today! Speakers and patriots alike, thank you, we made ourselves visible and showed our solidarity! We had a lot of support from honking drivers and shaking hands and meeting people was great!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good show.. good to meet the few of you that I did. I was trying to get pictures and find a good spot to hear the speaches most of the time. That and finding cmica.. :peep:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leitung wrote:
That and finding cmica.. :peep:

That you were standing next to most of the time with no clue....

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^What these guys said^^

I'll post some pics later on

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leitung wrote:
Good show.. good to meet the few of you that I did. I was trying to get pictures and find a good spot to hear the speaches most of the time. That and finding cmica.. :peep:

:ROFLMAO:

yes that was luck

Great turn out and was great to meeting alot of you. Do have to say I'm pretty darn sure the ground was cleaner than we got there, besides being a tad more brown

:wagwoot:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FYI guys......Dan made a thread for PICS!!!

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=16451

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That really did turn out great! It was a pleasure meeting all of you, even if I failed to associate names with screennames.

Personally, I was very happy to see such a huge diversity of people. Thousands of individuals who share the same core belief, even if we do differ on other ones. Everyone was smiling, everyone was interacting, kids and dogs were plenty... just an all around awesome event :)

Thank you to WAGUNS for providing all the snacks, signs and swag. I had a great time :)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too bad I couldn't be there. Sounds like a good time

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought the turn out was great, but I was actually taken back by the speakers a bit. First, I'm pretty much an atheist and secular humanist, so the whole God given thing doesn't carry the same weight as the vast majority. Plus, I kinda expect a little less tunnel vision regarding the 1st Amendment when we're rallying to protect the 2nd Amendment. I can let it slide, but felt a little left out. However, I was hoping some of the comments weren't caught for replay later. While I can understand, and actually support, some of the comments about prepping, I was hoping for more of a rational discourse over an emotional one. All I could see were sound bites used to discredit the support we were trying develop. I'm not dogging on anyone's statemetn and saying their bad, I'm saying I was hoping for some cander to make sure we didn't throw any more ammunition in the anti-gunners laps. For those not into God and gun or prepping, those comments can alienate instead of winning over or validating the existing faith in the pro-gunners. Just my 2 cents.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bhpdrew wrote:
Too bad I couldn't be there. Sounds like a good time

Yeah, Dan was pretty pissed you were a no show......

But yeah, that BHPBrew guy was pretty cool. :thumbsup2:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meh. Things happen. Hockey was on.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next