Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Pro-gun march on Olympia Jan19th 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Permits have been secured by the awesome guys at OpenCarry.org!

Orphan @ OCDO wrote:
Just a UPDATE as of today 1/7 for the Washington state rally:

I have talked with the state police and we can open carry but they do ask if you carry a rifle that the bolt remains open at all times! CPL' are also welcome! The state police will be there and will be walking around talking with us! I ask that we welcome the police and follow there requests! Keep in mind we are trying to show responsabilty with our firearms!

The legislators will be in sesson on the 19th! It will be great for them to see a large, peaceful turnout for our 2A!!

Hopefully everyone will be on the same page here. This is the absolute wrong venue to be a douchebag looking for a confrontation with the po-po.

If anyone would like to ride down with me (and plans on acting respectably) send me a pm. I will have seating for three more in my truck and will meet folks at the 512 Park and Ride in Lakewood at 10 AM. I am not looking for gas money since I will be driving down regardless.

-- Sen. Barack Obama, March 16, 2006

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:54 pm

For those attending, I expect that parking near the capitol may be difficult. You might want to instead park at a Park & Ride and take a bus to the capitol.

I found this route (bus 620) from the Martin Way Park & Ride that arrives at the capitol at 11:12am:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Mart ... 13&start=0

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walt wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Permits have been secured by the awesome guys at OpenCarry.org!

Orphan @ OCDO wrote:
Just a UPDATE as of today 1/7 for the Washington state rally:

I have talked with the state police and we can open carry but they do ask if you carry a rifle that the bolt remains open at all times! CPL' are also welcome! The state police will be there and will be walking around talking with us! I ask that we welcome the police and follow there requests! Keep in mind we are trying to show responsabilty with our firearms!

The legislators will be in sesson on the 19th! It will be great for them to see a large, peaceful turnout for our 2A!!

Hopefully everyone will be on the same page here. This is the absolute wrong venue to be a douchebag looking for a confrontation with the po-po.

If anyone would like to ride down with me (and plans on acting respectably) send me a pm. I will have seating for three more in my truck and will meet folks at the 512 Park and Ride in Lakewood at 10 AM. I am not looking for gas money since I will be driving down regardless.

Edit, seats are taken.

Last edited by Walt on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys for the 1st time.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Leatherneck wrote:
No cammo people! . . .

. . . and no flame orange hair . . . .
:wink05:

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sans Logic Liberal wrote:
I don't know what you are implying.

Ever hear of Selective Enforcement?

LEO's can lie to you, but do not lie to an LEO!

Read Boston T Party's book called You and the Police.

This is an example of what the anti gun nuts want. In fighting in our community.

Sun Tzu said, "If a country is divided, stand back and watch."

2,500 years ago.

I believe what you say, do you doubt my "story?"

Once again, not telling you what to do, or not to do. Just giving you info.

What you do with that is your Right.

Best advice, take your debate someplace else.

I didn't see him "implying" anything at all. Nor did I see him 'doubting your story'.

You presented second hand hearsay. He presented first hand experience.

I didn't see any debate.

What I did see is someone coming in with 4 posts under their belt, taking exception when another person presents actual first hand experience, and telling that person to go somewhere else.

With all due respect, I would suggest that taking the chip off your shoulder and sending it somewhere else, is the course of action most likely to prevent "In fighting in our community."

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DocNugent wrote:
Leatherneck wrote:
No cammo people! . . .

. . . and no flame orange hair . . . .
:wink05:

DANG IT!!!
I guess I'll shave it all off then.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:19 pm

I didn't see him "implying" anything at all. Nor did I see him 'doubting your story'.

You presented second hand hearsay. He presented first hand experience.

I didn't see any debate.

What I did see is someone coming in with 4 posts under their belt, taking exception when another person presents actual first hand experience, and telling that person to go somewhere else.

With all due respect, I would suggest that taking the chip off your shoulder and sending it somewhere else, is the course of action most likely to prevent "In fighting in our community.

Selador,

Why quote me and reply? Sounds like debate to me, matter of fact it was.

How do you "know" it is hearsay? Because I said so?

What I do see is someone placing importance on "number of posts" as a logical argument (not). I did not take "exception" to their experience, see my comment (reread it). I requested he take the "OBVIOUS" debate somewhere else.

I see you "have a chip on your shoulder." With more than due respect, take your own advice, send it "somewhere else," to prevent more needless "In fighting in our community."

Thank you.

You heard it here first.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mama Walt just confirmed she is joining in the march.

Last edited by Walt on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just received a call from OpenCarry member Deros aka Jim Beal. He has stepped up to coordinate this event at Olympia. He is gathering speakers and an agenda which will be posted as soon as I receive it.

He asked to see if WaGuns would be interested in helping out. I told him we would do what we could, but mainly he wants to make sure we (WaGuns) have a presence there.

Yesterday I was torn because that's also the same day as the Thurston County gun turn-in. Well, not torn anymore. I'll be at the Capitol on the 19th.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just need to get me a WaGuns hat and be official. Im able to be there as early as you need, Dan, to help set up any tentage and all that.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Assuming that parking will be limited and nowhere near the assembly point,
The Missus and I are thinking about buying some magnets to stick a
". . . the right of the people to keep and bear arms
shall not be infringed."

banner on the side of our Volvo station wagon and
do some slow speed "drive by" protesting on the streets nearest the Capitol.
:wavey:

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Awesome Connor! I am not sure if we will be doing a tent/booth yet or not. Still working on that, 8 days to go kinda thing.

I can probably have some limited schwag with me, but will have to coordinate it ahead of time.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Yesterday I was torn because that's also the same day as the Thurston County gun turn-in. Well, not torn anymore. I'll be at the Capitol on the 19th.

So you decided AGAINST turning in your guns? :bigsmile:

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Walt wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

So you decided AGAINST turning in your guns? :bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO:

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next