Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Pro-gun march on Olympia Jan19th

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:59 pm

It was a great time. Thank You to all that showed up!

Mrs. Walt announced to me over lunch that she is signing up as a Life Member of the NRA!!!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

gwaugh wrote:Thanks to you and the Waguns team too, you put up a good show. I hope the rest of the rally went well.

:plusone: Admins and mods ran the tent well.

I met two Steves, plus a handful or two of other members. Great turnout everyone for how cold it was.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Massivedesign wrote:A LOT of business cards were handed out

What's it going to cost for someone like me to get ahold of a whole box of cards?

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm

It was great. I'm proud to be part of this community and very glad everything at the rally went without a hitch.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Thank you to everyone who showed up... What a strong turnout we had today! Speakers and patriots alike, thank you, we made ourselves visible and showed our solidarity! We had a lot of support from honking drivers and shaking hands and meeting people was great!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Good show.. good to meet the few of you that I did. I was trying to get pictures and find a good spot to hear the speaches most of the time. That and finding cmica.. :peep:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 pm

leitung wrote:That and finding cmica.. :peep:

That you were standing next to most of the time with no clue....

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm

^^What these guys said^^

I'll post some pics later on

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 pm

leitung wrote:Good show.. good to meet the few of you that I did. I was trying to get pictures and find a good spot to hear the speaches most of the time. That and finding cmica.. :peep:

:ROFLMAO:

yes that was luck

Great turn out and was great to meeting alot of you. Do have to say I'm pretty darn sure the ground was cleaner than we got there, besides being a tad more brown

:wagwoot:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

FYI guys......Dan made a thread for PICS!!!

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=16451

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 pm

That really did turn out great! It was a pleasure meeting all of you, even if I failed to associate names with screennames.

Personally, I was very happy to see such a huge diversity of people. Thousands of individuals who share the same core belief, even if we do differ on other ones. Everyone was smiling, everyone was interacting, kids and dogs were plenty... just an all around awesome event :)

Thank you to WAGUNS for providing all the snacks, signs and swag. I had a great time :)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Too bad I couldn't be there. Sounds like a good time

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 pm

I thought the turn out was great, but I was actually taken back by the speakers a bit. First, I'm pretty much an atheist and secular humanist, so the whole God given thing doesn't carry the same weight as the vast majority. Plus, I kinda expect a little less tunnel vision regarding the 1st Amendment when we're rallying to protect the 2nd Amendment. I can let it slide, but felt a little left out. However, I was hoping some of the comments weren't caught for replay later. While I can understand, and actually support, some of the comments about prepping, I was hoping for more of a rational discourse over an emotional one. All I could see were sound bites used to discredit the support we were trying develop. I'm not dogging on anyone's statemetn and saying their bad, I'm saying I was hoping for some cander to make sure we didn't throw any more ammunition in the anti-gunners laps. For those not into God and gun or prepping, those comments can alienate instead of winning over or validating the existing faith in the pro-gunners. Just my 2 cents.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 pm

bhpdrew wrote:Too bad I couldn't be there. Sounds like a good time

Yeah, Dan was pretty pissed you were a no show......

But yeah, that BHPBrew guy was pretty cool. :thumbsup2:

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Meh. Things happen. Hockey was on.
Post a reply